User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #1
emti OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Eek making us look bad (motorcyclists)

On Saturday morning I rode downstate to meet some friends to make plans for Mid Ohio. (vendor spot C296, stop in Ill bring some Genesee) Passing through Watertown N.Y on rt 81 south traffic slows from the normal 70ish to about 60, At the head of the line there is a cruiser type biker in the middle of each lane just rolling along and unwilling to move out of the way.I turned off so Im not sure how it ended but if the SUV fighters didnt get them Im sure the tractor trailer whos bow wave I was riding was going to. I reserve the right to make myself look bad, I dont need any help. emti
emti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #2
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by emti View Post
On Saturday morning I rode downstate to meet some friends to make plans for Mid Ohio. (vendor spot C296, stop in Ill bring some Genesee) Passing through Watertown N.Y on rt 81 south traffic slows from the normal 70ish to about 60, At the head of the line there is a cruiser type biker in the middle of each lane just rolling along and unwilling to move out of the way.
this is why god invented lane splitting......hopefully sooner than later the rest of you will be able to take advantage
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #3
Vanishing Point
A very sad panda

Oddometer: 2,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
this is why god invented lane splitting......hopefully sooner than later the rest of you will be able to take advantage
I tried lane splitting with my Ural.

It sucked.
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #4
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post

It sucked.

I can imagine!!!

ya I did it once with a 50" TV on the back. I would assume the results were similar.....

Quote:
Old 07-02-2014, 05:15 AM   #5
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,592
Quote:

I can imagine!!!

ya I did it once with a 50" TV on the back. I would assume the results were similar.....

So you made it home with a 35" TV after lane splitting?

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:06 AM   #6
CSI
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
yup...and lane splitting isn't even legal here....
CSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:01 AM   #7
operose
Mama tried

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by emti View Post
On Saturday morning I rode downstate to meet some friends to make plans for Mid Ohio. (vendor spot C296, stop in Ill bring some Genesee) Passing through Watertown N.Y on rt 81 south traffic slows from the normal 70ish to about 60, At the head of the line there is a cruiser type biker in the middle of each lane just rolling along and unwilling to move out of the way.I turned off so Im not sure how it ended but if the SUV fighters didnt get them Im sure the tractor trailer whos bow wave I was riding was going to. I reserve the right to make myself look bad, I dont need any help. emti
Hey emti

It sounds like they might have acutely honed herding tendencies, y'know, like some dogs have. They just want to round everyone up in a big group and make them stay there together. They don't know why, they just do it instinctively.

My wife was out there somewhere this weekend, she said a couple guys on sportbikes blew by the line of cars she was in, they were wearing tshirts and flipflops or whatever, one of them popped into a huge wheelie on the interstate at ~80mph after he merged back in front of the cars.

She was obviously not impressed but when the story was relayed to me I thought it was hilarious. Those guys thought they were super cool but by the sounds of it everyone else on the road thought they were complete jackholes. I guess they also don't realize the stopping distance of a truck with loaded horse trailer traveling at 70mph, it sure would suck to fudge a wheelie in front of that baby
operose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:20 AM   #8
Rgconner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrifter View Post
Again, what is up with the self-inclusion?

I am an individual. You are an individual. The bikers you refer to are individuals. The squid that pulls a wheelie doing 80 in a 30 zone is an individual. The driver that has buried their nose in a mobile phone is an individual.

In all seriousness, I'm frightened by this pervasive self-inclusive wording that I've noticed is increasingly used, on-line and off-line.
Like it or not, the rest of the country (in the USA anyway) lump us all together based on the actions of a few individuals.

Painting with a broad broad brush...
Old 07-02-2014, 07:27 AM   #9
MisterShandy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Quote:

I am an individual. You are an individual. The bikers you refer to are individuals. The squid that pulls a wheelie doing 80 in a 30 zone is an individual. The driver that has buried their nose in a mobile phone is an individual.

In all seriousness, I'm frightened by this pervasive self-inclusive wording that I've noticed is increasingly used, on-line and off-line.
Do you not understand the concept of a subculture?
MisterShandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #10
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
So you made it home with a 35" TV after lane splitting?
there were certainly a few tense moments..... when the road finally cleared up I was riding along in peace when I noticed a Harley rider slowly pull up next to me with his gaze locked on my bike. He then slowly started to shake his head at me and rode off

the real bitch of it, is that as I was carrying the TV up the driveway, the box got hooked on a tree branch and before I knew what was happening, it was ripped from my hands and fell onto the driveway and I was convinced that the TV was toast.
After all of that, it survived!!

Quote:
Old 07-02-2014, 09:56 AM   #11
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI View Post
yup...and lane splitting isn't even legal here....
ill be praying for you and your people

Quote:
Old 07-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #12
Andyvh1959
Cheesehead Klompen

Oddometer: 601
If you care to see "meat on the bone" simply do a web search on "flip flops on motorcycles".

Can you say ground beef?
Old 07-03-2014, 03:35 AM   #13
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post

It sucked.

Sometime back in 1972 I very briefly lane-split in a Honda TN-360 with two in the cabin & three in the tray. As the available space began to condense, due to the lane markings becoming closer togather, I just 'slipped' into a gap between two cars.

I well imagine that the rear-wards facing trio in the tray wondered (as would the nearby car drivers) what the hell was going on.

Ah, that all-so-tiny TN-360. It was fun while I had it, even the period of push-starting when the battery was throughly stuffed.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:30 AM   #14
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 7,601
Quote:

Obviously never heard of the prejudice people have called "guilt by association".

Open your eyes and learn. People judge by grouping when they don't know individuals. That is the base for all "-isms"; racism, sexism, etc.

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:31 AM   #15
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 7,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexau View Post
Sometime back in 1972 I very briefly lane-split in a Honda TN-360 with two in the cabin & three in the tray. As the available space began to condense, due to the lane markings becoming closer togather, I just 'slipped' into a gap between two cars.

I well imagine that the rear-wards facing trio in the tray wondered (as would the nearby car drivers) what the hell was going on.

Ah, that all-so-tiny TN-360. It was fun while I had it, even the period of push-starting when the battery was throughly stuffed.

What? No pedals?

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote