Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #18076
DeeGee
I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz

Oddometer: 1,854
Big thanks to all, sneaking a peek or 1000 over the last couplle of weeks, it's been emotional!

Now WTF we gonna do??
DeeGee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #18077
Lobster Grrl
Ground feeder

Oddometer: 2,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Yup. There is only one way to beat the the F5 blues. I tinkered with the race bike today, dug up an old roadbook route
of 150kms and phoned some friends. Next weekend, we ride!
Yep, I went for a ride in the snow. I should get studded tires for that though.
Lobster Grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #18078
Mad Cow
Dakar Addict!

Oddometer: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
Big thanks to all, sneaking a peek or 1000 over the last couplle of weeks, it's been emotional!

Now WTF we gonna do??
Come racing.... http://rallymoto.co.uk/content.php

MY BLOG
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #18079
Lobster Grrl
Ground feeder

Oddometer: 2,474
Congats to everyone we've cheered on and to the F5 team for making this such an enjoyable experience.

We've sort of come together like one big Dakar family. We've laughed, cried, cheered and even learned a bit about snooker together

Until next year, be well and ride safe. Hopefully I'll meet up with some of you on the trail if you get over this way.

lg

and special thanks to Baldy for letting us trash the place for 2 weeks
Lobster Grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #18080
AZ-Twin
Dusty and Thirsty

Oddometer: 1,321
Crap, Dakar is over, I probably should not have quit my job to keep up with this thread.

Oh well, at least I have Snooker!

Thanks to the Baldy, the mods, and everyone else that makes this happen.

Through the last couple weeks I stashed some stuff in Youtube you may be interested in.

Stage1
Interviews

Highlights
Dakar 2013 Stage 01 Highlights.mp4 - YouTube

Stage2
Interviews

Highlights
Dakar 2013 Stage 02 Highlights .mp4 - YouTube
Dakar 2013 Stage 02 Highlights -720.mp4 - YouTube

Stage3
Interviews
Dakar 2013 Stage 03 Interviews -SD.mp4 - YouTube
Dakar 2013 Stage 03 Interviews -720.mp4 - YouTube

Highlights
Dakar 2013 Stage 03 Highlights-SD.mp4 - YouTube
Dakar 2013 Stage 03 Highlights -720.mp4 - YouTube

Stage4
Interviews
Dakar 2013 Stage 04 Interviews Eurosport SD - YouTube
Dakar 2013 Stage 04 Interviews -720.mp4 - YouTube

Highlights
Dakar 2013 Stage 04 Highlights Eurosport SD - YouTube
Dakar 2013 Stage 04 Highlights -720.mp4 - YouTube

Stage5
Interviews

Highlights
Dakar 2013 Stage 05 Highlights Eurosport SD - YouTube
Dakar 2013 Stage 05 Highlights Eurosport 720 - YouTube

Stage6
Interviews
Dakar 2013 Stage 06 Interviews Eurosport SD - YouTube
Dakar 2013 Stage 06 Interviews -720.mp4 - YouTube

Highlights
Dakar 2013 Stage 06 Highlights Eurosport SD - YouTube
Dakar 2013 Stage 06 Highlights -720.mp4 - YouTube

Stage7
Interviews
Dakar 2013 Stage 07 Interviews -SD.mp4 - YouTube
Dakar 2013 Stage 07 Interviews Eurosport 720 - YouTube

Highlights
Dakar 2013 Stage 07 Highlights Eurosport SD - YouTube
Dakar 2013 Stage 07 Highlights -720.mp4 - YouTube

Stage8
Interviews
Dakar 2013 Stage 08 Interviews -SD.mp4 - YouTube
Dakar 2013 Stage 08 Interviews -720.mp4 - YouTube

Highlights
Dakar 2013 Stage 08 Highlights -SD.mp4
Dakar 2013 Stage 08 Highlights -720.mp4

Rest Day
Dakar 2013 Rest Day -SD.mp4
Dakar 2013 Rest Day -720.mp4

Stage9
Interviews
Dakar 2013 Stage 09 Interviews -SD.mp4
Dakar 2013 Stage 09 Interviews -720.mp4

Highlights
Dakar 2013 Stage 09 Highlights -SD.mp4
Dakar 2013 Stage 09 Highlights -720.mp4

Stage10
Interviews
Dakar 2013 Stage 10 Interviews -SD.mp4
Dakar 2013 Stage 10 Interviews -720.mp4

Highlights
Dakar 2013 Stage 10 Highlights -SD.mp4
Dakar 2013 Stage 10 Highlights -720.mp4

Stage11
Interviews
Dakar 2013 Stage 11 Interviews -SD.mp4
Dakar 2013 Stage 11 Interviews -720.mp4

Highlights
Dakar 2013 Stage 11 Highlights -SD.mp4
Dakar 2013 Stage 11 Highlights -720.mp4

Stage12
Interviews
Dakar 2013 Stage 12 Interviews -SD.mp4
Dakar 2013 Stage 12 Interviews -720.mp4

Highlights
Dakar 2013 Stage 12 Highlights -SD.mp4
Dakar 2013 Stage 12 Highlights -720.mp4

Stage13
Interviews
Dakar 2013 Stage 13 Interviews -SD.mp4
Dakar 2013 Stage 13 Interviews -720.mp4

Highlights
Dakar 2013 Stage 13 Highlights -SD.mp4
Dakar 2013 Stage 13 Highlights -720.mp4

Stage14
Interviews
Dakar 2013 Stage 14 Interviews -SD.mp4
Dakar 2013 Stage 14 Interviews -720.mp4

Highlights
Dakar 2013 Stage 14 Highlights -SD.mp4
Dakar 2013 Stage 14 Highlights -720.mp4

I figure the ASO stopped looking for this stuff now so I can post it so it anyone wants to download they can.
2011 North up the CDR
Sierra Vista AZ to Paonia CO and Back through Moab UT

AZ-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #18081
Czechie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Ivan Jakes, 4th overall, best ever result of a rider from the tiny nation of Slovakia, which has a population less than New York City

"Slovak motorcycle rider Ivan Jakes KTM to achieve life success, when the 35th year's prestigious race Dakar Rally took fourth place overall.

Racer from the Birch Bradlom so take care of a new historical maximum native from beneath the Tatra Mountains to the traditional desert adventure, though improved by one place last year's fifth place Stefan Svitko.

"I'm very happy. These for my success is a great bunch, Jaroslav Berna mechanic and masseur Marian loop started working everything around me. Cared for me perfectly, even if I have to commend the mechanic I do about a lot of work, because the bike worked flawlessly, " Ivan Jakes told TASR.

For it was a sort of sixth start on the toughest endurance rally in the world, and the second time it finished, the finish came in 2009 to 43 place.

Experienced Slovak competitor appearing on his 2013 Dakar Rally positively surprised. Best to lead in the 8th stage, which finished in third place. A day later, the ninth stage, moved into fourth place and ongoing, this position has not let go of hands. Until the last moment even attacking third place Chilean Francisco Lopez.

Above rider Ress Adventure Team after their fantastic result at the finish number to receive congratulations, not only from their friends, but also competitors.

"I got 150 text messages from family and friends and still further added," Jakes told.

"Almost all of the top ten riders congratulated me. I'm happy that I have not lost the tip and that I achieve a result that no one expected. I'm Already among them, have been taken, register. Already looking forward to another year of the Rally Dakar, although details addressed. now I have to rest well at first, not so much physically as mentally, for the last three days, I was very nervous about the pressure that I keep at least fourth place. Those two were in front of me with my bike unassailable " admitted at the end.

Thanks Brodo for such a respectful comment. I would only add that this is the best result in the moto category by any Slavic rider ever.

Anyway, I have to say that I have enjoyed this year Dakar the most. Without trying to be disrespectful to any teams, bikes or riders, KTM again proved to have the best team. As Brodovic and some of you already commented here, Dakar is not about stage victories, about frantic dune riding, jumps, the highest speeds, it is about endurance, experience as well as luck, and the fastest in the finish after 14 days wins.

To me there are a few things which I don't understand:
- why Yamaha is not able to put together a team like KTM? Does it mean that Dakar is rather a low priority to them compared to Moto GP?
- whether Honda with only one year spent on their rally bike development, meant seriously their comments on attacking the Dakar title? It is good to have ambitious plans and goals, they did a great job but still will need to work harder.
- why BMW group puts a shine on their rather second tier brands, meaning Mini and Husqvarna. If this was the normal course of business, Husaberg would be celebrating 12 consecutive victory.

if any of you have more details on the Yamaha YZ tuning, please share it with us. I stil can't get my head around the exhause pipe loop over the swing arm.
Czechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #18082
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Twin View Post
Crap, Dakar is over, I probably should not have quit my job to keep up with this thread.

Oh well, at least I have Snooker!

Thanks to the Baldy, the mods, and everyone else that makes this happen.

Through the last couple weeks I stashed some stuff in Youtube you may be interested in.

I figure the ASO stopped looking for this stuff now so I can post it so it anyone wants to download they can.
Beautiful!!!

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #18083
drgunther
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechie View Post
[...]

if any of you have more details on the Yamaha YZ tuning, please share it with us. I stil can't get my head around the exhause pipe loop over the swing arm.
That loop is apparently there to compensate for the fact that the exhaust port of the cylinder is facing rearwards instead of the usual forwards. Therefore the midpipe needs to be longer so that the optimum resistance vs. flow quota can be achieved.

And BTW - we're not quite done yet with this thread! There's still the coverage from the podium ceremony on Europort 1 tonight. ;)
drgunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #18084
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,457
8 minutes to snooker....err.....the slight possibility that we'll have podium coverage on Eurosport 1.

Maybe.

Possibly.

If Carlton knows what's good for him...
Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #18085
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
8 minutes to snooker....err.....the slight possibility that we'll have podium coverage on Eurosport 1.

Maybe.

Possibly.

If Carlton knows what's good for him...
I thought it was scheduled for 2300 gmt tonight?......if not I sure hope it's late. :patcb

Old 01-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #18086
Goofy1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSpearsX View Post
We were having somebody video. But haven't heard/seen it uploaded yet.
Thanks Sandi! After everything you (and us) went thru with him to get there, we need that pic!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #18087
drgunther
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post
I thought it was scheduled for 2300 gmt tonight?......if not I sure hope it's late. :patcb

22:55 (UTC/GMT), so you haven't missed anything yet. And as it is right now it looks like the underdog in the snooker match is hitting back. =/
drgunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #18088
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
blow me haven´t they increased the number of frames to 19!

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #18089
Mad Cow
Dakar Addict!

Oddometer: 546
Yes but if Selby gets this frame and the next, it's all over 10-6

MY BLOG
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #18090
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
HRC

One hundred per cent finish in Dakar 2013

One hundred per cent finish in Dakar 2013La Serena – Santiago SS14 final stage 122 km liaison – 346 km special – 158 km liaison
After having covered 8,420 kilometres on all kinds of terrain throughout 14 hard stages, from Peru to Chile passing through Argentina, Helder Rodrigues, Javier Pizzolito and Johnny Campbell finished today’s final stage reaching the target: Santiago.
The protagonists of the 2013 Dakar had to maintain their concentration for the very last 346 km of a fast stage on stony and hard ground. Only 53 seconds separated Helder Rodrigues, fourth, from stage winner Chaleco Lopez who finished ahead of Faria and Barreda. With Javier Pizzolito,15th and Johnny Campbell 21st, Team HRC celebrated two riders in the top ten overall with Rodrigues and Pizzolito in 7th and 8th place respectively and Johnny Campbell 40th, while
Cyril Despres sealed his fifth Dakar title.

Having the complete team at the end of the toughest rally in the world was the result of perfect team work with the three Team HRC riders, helping and supporting each other, stage after stage.
When the project started six months ago, the challenge was to be at the starting blocks in Lima with a completely new team and a new machine. Team HRC engineers worked very hard to prepare a competitive machine and on the 5th of January Helder Rodrigues, Javier Pizzolito and Johnny Campbell set off for the 2013 Dakar on board of their CRF 450 Rally.

In a race where a navigation mistake or a small mechanical failure can spoil the whole result, some fuel issues on the second and third days made Team HRC riders lose valuable time and the contact with the first riders. Despite that, Helder Rodrigues, Javier Pizzolito and Johnny Campbell continued to fight and recover positions.

Rodrigues was ready to attack on stage 11 to close the gap from the front runners, when a branch caught a wire of the machine, ripping it out and stopping his machine. It was a small problem that had big consequences as Helder had given an incredible performance that would have allowed him to make a big step forward towards the podium.
Team mate Pizzolito gave also a great performance. Javier was very good at preserving the machine and his condition, riding with a constant pace throughout the whole rally on the same engine.

Johnny Campbell couldn’t take advantage of his experience due to a mechanical problem on the third stage that made him lose more than 3 hours, but he scored the team’s best result with a great second place on the 8th stage. Unfortunately a crash the following day compromised his second part of the race, but Johnny continued until the end despite the intense pain from suspected broken ribs.

Helder Rodrigues SS14 4th +0.53”, 7th overall: “It was a great challenge and an honour for me to be part of this project and bear the Honda colours on the Dakar. I cannot be happy with my results in terms of my final position because with this team and this machine we had the potential to fight for the podium. We don't have to forget that this is a young project and we couldn’t test as much as we would have liked. We had some bad luck and also some fuel issues on the second and third stage that spoiled our result but the team has worked hard and the bike has improved a lot stage after stage. I’m very satisfied that we are all here in Santiago and that the team is very motivated to continue this experience”.

Javier Pizzolito SS14 15th +4’11”, 8th overall: “I’m very satisfied to have finished the Dakar and even happier of the 8th position in the overall classification. After last year unlucky incident where I suffered from a broken femur and elbow, I had to train very hard to prepare this year event. The machine proved to be really reliable as I rode the whole event with one engine. We are very excited and motivated to continue this amazing project”.

Johnny Campbell SS14 21st +6’01”, 40th overall: “This is a brand new team we worked very hard together to get to the finish. Dakar Rally is about keeping the body and the bike together, it was very hard for me after the crash on the 8th stage. It was challenging and hard at the same time, for me to return to racing after 5 years out and to finish this tough rally you need a 100% dedicated preparation. It was a dream come true to race the Dakar with this team and help with bike development”.

Katsumi Yamazaki, Team HRC Director: “We reached our first target which was to have all the machines get to the end of the rally. It’s the result of great team work, everyone in the team has contributed with a common target in mind. It’s a young project and with 6 months of work we never expected to win, even if we hoped for it, and we have fought hard to get the best possible result. We have faced several issues during the rally and fixed them. In a very competitive race with strong rivals and 14 demanding stages, we have gained an incredible amount of data and experience that will be extremely useful to continue the development of the CRF 450 Rally to return stronger and make a bike capable of winning in 2014. I want to thank Helder, Javier and Johnny, the team members and all our sponsors and partners for their great work and support”.
8340SU is offline   Reply With Quote