+ a bunch!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:43 AM   #10652
Rockteryx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8340SU View Post
dakar com

Beyond the Top 10, the first rider is no unknown quantity: Kurt Caselli has already shone in this Dakar, taking a stage win in his first participation in the rally. The eleventh-placed rider only has 24" on Daniel Gouet's Honda and 41" on Alessandro Botturi's Husqvarna. Fourteenth-placed Hélder Rodrigues is still within striking distance, 4'52" down on the Italian. From the seventeenth place down, a group of underperforming big names is almost one hour down, led by Juan Pedrero García (+49'18"), whose 4'31" ahead of Frans Verhoeven de 4'31. The highly experienced South African Curtis Darryl lies nineteenth, 3'11" ahead of Norway's Pål Anders Ullevålseter and 3'57" ahead of Aussie Ben Grabham.

Down in twenty-fourth place, Paulo Gonçalves has paid a hefty price for his technical problems. Even though he's been clawing his way up again, he's still 1 h 41' down on the leader, but just 20 seconds behind KTM's Dutchman Henk Knuiman, Marc Coma's former teammate. Behind Gonçalves lies another KTM with Pole Jacek Czachor on it, 7 minutes down on the Portuguese rider. From the riders in this group, much is expected from Nîmes-born Michael Metge, who could still take his Yamaha to new heights in the 2013 Dakar.

Among the KTMs, Hondas and other Yamahas, Marc Guasch and his Gas-Gas female teammate Laia Sanz lie twenty-ninth and thirtieth, respectively. The enduro and trial world champion set herself reasonable goals after injuring her foot. Alain Duclos' new adventure with Sherco has been plagued by mishaps and he now lies in forty-third, just behind Joan Barreda, who's also far from where he should be. The rider from Saint-Médard had three very difficult stages which he finished beyond the one-hundredth place.

Does that mean that CD has the penalty for engine changing and Kurt got his removed? I mean it's from dakar dot com so it should be official ...

I hate these guessing ...
Rockteryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:45 AM   #10653
Flanny
Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by misc View Post
It's a thing of beauty!!! Brings a tear to my eye!
Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:45 AM   #10654
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post
Faster riders coming through from behind...it'll keep changing that way.
Nope, that wasn't it.
First showed JC 37sec behind Barreda then it changed to 14sec behind.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:46 AM   #10655
misc
dakar tracker

Oddometer: 310
monitor.trackingdakar.nl (update)

Hiya,

I just put a brand new version of the monitor online. You can now select stage and highlight countries and riders. It's also possible to filter a specific class. On the right you see 2 buttons. Top 10 means it shows Top 10 and the selected countries/riders. With the highlights button you can toggle the green/red highlights if you don't like them.

Hope you enjoy the changes.

PS: It looks like the official "live timing" is delayed or skipping some WP's again. Monitor will show CP's and WP's together. WP's should activate not long after official results come in.

Best regards,
Mischa
misc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:46 AM   #10656
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfey View Post
Nope, that wasn't it.
First showed JC 37sec behind Barreda then it changed to 14sec behind.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:48 AM   #10657
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Quote:
Hiya,

I just put a brand new version of the monitor online. You can now select stage and highlight countries and riders. It's also possible to filter a specific class. On the right you see 2 buttons. Top 10 means it shows Top 10 and the selected countries/riders. With the highlights button you can toggle the green/red highlights if you don't like them.

PS: It looks like the official "live timing" is delayed or skipping some WP's again. Monitor will show CP's and WP's together. WP's should activate not long after official results come in.

Best regards,
Mischa

8340SU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:48 AM   #10658
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 1,965
Van Pelt +04.28

Lyndon should be close to finishing any time now
Old 01-14-2013, 03:48 AM   #10659
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
I was thinking about this last night. Purely guesswork on my part...

I bet every rider thinks to themselves, at some point before the race starts, "I wonder if I could win this thing"
Reality crashes in, egos are humbled and they suffer just to survive and finish.

Now we have Lydon sitting in a VERY unique situation. There must be a part of him that will want to try to keep up with the top guys, if for nothing else than to just see if he can. Maybe he'll try to keep up just so he doesn't look ridiculous being an obstacle for the top guys. Whatever the situation is there could be a lot of pre sure for him to really push it today.

He was pretty clear before the race started that he is in it to finish, not to compete. Albeit this is one heck of a cool experience he is having.....there is real risk of it jeopardizing his main objective.
Ned's quote about getting involved in the race comes to mind.

But I don't read Lyndon as someone likely to do so. By his demonstrated nature and training, he seems to be very much a 'write the plan, ride the plan' kind of guy. By his own words anal, by my observation methodical.

When Helder and Cyril go by I imagine he'll chase for a bit, all the while analyzing their styles before they get away. Bet he learns something, he's a curious sort that way.

But really keep with them? I don't see that being him. Task oriented, and that wasn't the task he spent all this time and effort on.

Have fun, Pyn.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:51 AM   #10660
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,750
I hope your right Drift....but he is a racer and a racer is going to want to race, instinct...

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:51 AM   #10661
Rockteryx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Hiya,

Best regards,
Mischa
Thanks a lot You are quite a genius ... I just had to donate a few bucks ;-)
Rockteryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:51 AM   #10662
pete40
Life Behind Bars

Oddometer: 1,240
misc doesn't seem to match the official timing.....
pete40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:52 AM   #10663
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
Still a bit of confusion out there - the live tracking WPS Stage 9 has all the penalties included, i.e. as were shown after stage 8, so Despres 5th - 24.26 mins behind and Caselli 45th - 3hrs.56.06 behind - the others also who picked up penalty that day.

The genral rangkings at stage 8 however, as linked from the home page (the same stage as we are around 20 hours (for the quick boys) shows Despres at 2nd and Caselli at 11th, both without penalty.

Now that the live (virtual standings) stage 9 WPS is up I suspect that these are the correct positions (being the latest version) and the other one (general rankings) is wrong?
If the monitor was right, then Lyndon got reseeded back to like a 50th starting position. Bummer.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:52 AM   #10664
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 1,965
Poskitt Lyndon +03.54

Way to go Lyndon !!

Old 01-14-2013, 03:52 AM   #10665
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Poskitt at +3'54!
Quicker than that Dutch brat.