Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #12346
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Botturi just fell...

dakar com

Before the CP, Alessandro Botturi suffered a fall, but not a serious one, at the 140-km point on the special stage. He is now at the refuelling point where he is having treatment for bumps and bruises before resuming riding in the following minutes.
8340SU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #12347
catas
Orange rider

Oddometer: 326
few days ago...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1hdF...ature=youtu.be
catas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #12348
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 9,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Yup, just like the saying you can teach a fast rider not to crash but you can't teach a slow rider to be faster.
just remember the first year of Jorge Lorenzo in GP
Old 01-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #12349
catas
Orange rider

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by catas View Post
!
Attached Images

catas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #12350
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle View Post
just remember the first year of Jorge Lorenzo in GP
Bingo. Or the late Simoncelli.

or even Casey on the LCR
Old 01-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #12351
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

that's an hard way to get to the podium....

Old 01-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #12352
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Cyril's blog, on yesterday;

Today was a hard 12 hours on the bike and Iím the lucky one because some of the other bikers will have an even longer day than me. It was a tough, tough day but I have been expecting it for six months now. I trained for the race knowing that there could be a day that comes when I really have to push.

I know this piste here in Cordoba from watching WRC races on television and I had the feeling it would be a track I would enjoy. Today I wanted not just to push but also to enjoy the day. Finishing the day with a stage victory is nice way to end a good day at the Dakar.

When you love your job like I do and things are going well for you then days like this are really special. What makes todayís result satisfying for me is that I didnít win the stage by riding crazy and asking too much of the bike. I was sensible with my bike and I always felt I had another 10% in me to push even harder if needed.

On a twisty WRC track like we had today you need two things, a tough bike and strong legs. I was pushing hard on the footrest on every corner and there were hundreds of corners on the stage.

I have to thank my trainer who is from Argentina for helping to get me in shape to meet the challenges on todayís stage. Michelin also played their part in this stage win because I was asking my tyres some tough questions on the stage.

I also have my wings from Red Bull and the great tips I have picked up from going to their Diagnostics and Training Centre. Iíve been going to the Red Bull DTC in Austria for over two years now. During my sessions there it was decided that after a long day like today on motorbike I should warm down for 20 minutes on a fitness bike. People were looking at me like I was crazy when I started pedalling as soon as I got back to bivouac after 12 hours of riding a motorbike!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #12353
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,623
Patrao's Suzuki seems to have dropped off the 'radar' between WP4 & WP5. Lyndon could be gaining at least a place tonight. Don't want to rejoice at the misfortune of another but it's a rally and endurance and reliability all play a part.

Go Pyn!
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #12354
Gian
dreamer

Oddometer: 946
Laia and Zanotti (at last!) are doing fine, starting from the end of the bunch must not be easy! Also Manuel is keeping a good pace, let's hope to go on like this
Gian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #12355
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Barreda and Cyril, still 40 seconds apart at wp9 (physically, on the course)
Old 01-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #12356
paulk46
Katoom

Oddometer: 220
Quote:
Cyril's blog, on yesterday;

Today was a hard 12 hours on the bike and Iím the lucky one because some of the other bikers will have an even longer day than me. It was a tough, tough day but I have been expecting it for six months now. I trained for the race knowing that there could be a day that comes when I really have to push.

I know this piste here in Cordoba from watching WRC races on television and I had the feeling it would be a track I would enjoy. Today I wanted not just to push but also to enjoy the day. Finishing the day with a stage victory is nice way to end a good day at the Dakar.

When you love your job like I do and things are going well for you then days like this are really special. What makes todayís result satisfying for me is that I didnít win the stage by riding crazy and asking too much of the bike. I was sensible with my bike and I always felt I had another 10% in me to push even harder if needed.

On a twisty WRC track like we had today you need two things, a tough bike and strong legs. I was pushing hard on the footrest on every corner and there were hundreds of corners on the stage.

I have to thank my trainer who is from Argentina for helping to get me in shape to meet the challenges on todayís stage. Michelin also played their part in this stage win because I was asking my tyres some tough questions on the stage.

I also have my wings from Red Bull and the great tips I have picked up from going to their Diagnostics and Training Centre. Iíve been going to the Red Bull DTC in Austria for over two years now. During my sessions there it was decided that after a long day like today on motorbike I should warm down for 20 minutes on a fitness bike. People were looking at me like I was crazy when I started pedalling as soon as I got back to bivouac after 12 hours of riding a motorbike!
"Come n ave a go i you think yer ard enuff'.

KTM 950 Adventure (05)
I'm not lost, just never been here before
paulk46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:39 AM   #12357
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,470
Luis isn't showing as started

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:42 AM   #12358
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Damn. Can I hope it's just a tracker issue?
Old 01-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #12359
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
he is in there somewhere
Old 01-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #12360
Flanny
Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
Barreda and Cyril, still 40 seconds apart at wp9 (physically, on the course)
Man I'd love to watch those two ride from the heli today! That would be pretty inspirational!
Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote