User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
uberaudi OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
First ride of the year.

Decided I needed to start the year off right, so I went for a ride! I left Camarillo and headed north on the 101 and then east on the 126. Eventually getting on hwy 33. Which takes me into the Los Padres national forest.

From here it turns into a nice sweeping narrow canyon road with lots of pull offs with nice views

The road then starts to climb very high, and getting very cold, my first stop was about 2000 feet to clear some small boulders off the road and get a picture of the valley I just came up.

After about 3000 feet I started seeing some weird white stuff on the sides of the road! Now this is very strange for me, seeing as I spent 9 months in Afghanistan, then was home for the summer, and left again for six months in Djbouti, Africa. Both of these places were very hot and lacking in snow...

So I made myself a little snowman and continued on my way.

I got to about 6000 feet I realize I'm running low on fuel and the nearest gas station was about 100 miles away, so I turned around and headed back down the mountain.

Made a small detour on this road which led to a nice campsite, gotta come back in the summer with the wife.

I stopped and met a couple with a baby who wanted to take a picture of the baby on my bike, so I obliged and admired the view and had them get a picture of me

After that it was back into the 126 and back home, wish I had gotten gas before I got on the 33 so I could've done the whole loop which would've taken me about 300 miles.
uberaudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
sealsam
Sam...I am.

Oddometer: 1,586
Nice report, thanks for sharing. You've got a great looking bike there, hopefully time permits and you can get it out alot more.

You've got some great riding areas very close to you, get out and enjoy them(then make sure you post up the ride here on ADV).

Thank you for your service.
sealsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,880
Nice looking bike. I enjoyed seeing the snowman. I really don't like snow, but it was funny.
Thanks for serving !
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #4
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,264
Great ride report! It looks like you have some fantastic riding near you.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
uberaudi OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Thanks guys!
uberaudi is offline   Reply With Quote