Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
1down4upadventures OP
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Dual Sport Ride from Sydney OZ

Greetings all,
Just a couple of days back from our ride to Newnes, thought I would share a few pics and a video.
We mustered early Monday morning in the city so Gatesy and The Smirn were in close proximity after working the night shift. We headed over the bridge and endured the M2, which was RUBBISH.

Wisemans Ferry for coffee and a bit of breakfast, then made our way through Upper Colo, Mountain lagoon, Mt Irvine which was easily passable, and Mt Wilson. We got a little lost as we attempted to get to “The Gardens of Stone” but I gave my GPS a thorough bollicking and we eventually found our way down Black Fellas Hand Trail. If you have never ridden this trail before its pretty good, but there are some spots where you need to concentrate and you really wouldn’t want to drive sections of this trail in any thing other than a reasonably capable 4WD. So it was to the amazement of all of us, that we came across a Toyota Yaris banging and dragging its sorry arse down to the Gardens. We stopped and spoke to the 2 frazzled male occupants, who were no doubt blaming each other for their predicament. They justified their adventure by informing us that it was a rental. Hmmm I dare say they lost their bond. The only thing that would have made it more bizarre is if they were driving an Electric Prius. (unfortunately I have no footage of these two muppets)

Just got our tents up at Newnes and the heavens opened up unleashing thunder lightening and "big fat wet rain". It only lasted 40 mins or so and didn’t rain on us again till Mittagong.

Tuesday morning saw us refuelling bodies and bikes at Oberon then we swung past Kanangra Walls for a look, before descending down to cross the Kowmung River at DingoDell, which was really quite shallow but still lotsafun.
Then south east to Range Fire Trail, Langs Rd and eventually to Mittagong on Wombeyan Caves Rd.

Slabbed it up the Hume to home.
Thanks to Gatesy, Goochy and the Smirn for the good company.
Cheers all
Gus :

The Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlli2fL3ZVo

The team at Gardens of Stone

Gardens of Stone

Gardens of Stone

Wolgen River

Newnes

Kanangra Walls

1down4upadventures screwed with this post 01-02-2013 at 12:57 AM Reason: im learning
1down4upadventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
linksIT
nOObie

Oddometer: 254
thanks for sharing, that Gardens of Stone place looks awesome!!
linksIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,225
Now I have to add The Gardens of Stone to my must-see list!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
TEZZA
ADV B4 DEM/TED

Oddometer: 284
Thumb Rr

Thanks that looked like a great Adenture , great RR.
Tezza
Now the Perfect pair!!!!
TEZZA is offline   Reply With Quote