Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.90 average. Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #196
Campari
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post

ps If anyone in the United States was wondering on which channel Real Madrid-Dortmund is airing, it's on FX on Wednesday.
this site looks legit as well (for the barca game today too)

http://www.foxsoccer2go.com/

hope it works...

edit: nevermind, it's by subscription only...damn

Campari screwed with this post 04-23-2013 at 11:38 AM
Campari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #197
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 74,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campari View Post
this site looks legit as well (for the barca game today too)

http://www.foxsoccer2go.com/

hope it works...

edit: nevermind, it's by subscription only...damn
If you need links to flash feeds of the game, go to wiziwig.com. When Chelsea aren't available anywhere else, that's how I watch them.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #198
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,636
Quote:
If you need links to flash feeds of the game, go to wiziwig.com. When Chelsea aren't available anywhere else, that's how I watch them.
Some people on the pitch looked a bit shellshocked.

Great game! I hope for another one tomorrow.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #199
wxwax
Excited Member

Yup, this is definitely the year of Bayern. They look unstoppable. Very impressive. Even Gomez played well. Just think, if not for Chelsea's valiant effort, Bayern would be going for their second consecutive European Cup.

Barca are less of everything that they used to be. Less press, less tiki-taka, less Messi, and less defending (which was always suspect.)

Real Madrid's defending isn't going to be able to cope with this Bayern attack either. Some years there's an inevitability about the best team in Europe. This is one of those years.

ps The officiating was awful. Typical UEFA, huge stage, so bring on officials from Hungary.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #200
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,633
Barca, Barca, Barca

Well, that was a clusterfuck of tactics if I've seen one. Tito seemed trapped in a tactical box that he couldn't see out of. Should not have had an obviously unfit Messi on the park and he should have set the team up for a stifling draw or 2-1 at worst.

There's no question that Barcelona are hurting badly in several positions and they rely too much on Messi (who wouldn't?). But, Fabregas as No.10 with Villa as a CF could have been much more productive while they played 90% possession football and stifled Bayern. Messi should have been rested for the return leg where they tend to win at home.

Bayern are a fantastic team and I would relish a match-up with them against Madrid in the final. But, today has to be on the shoulders of the coach.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #201
mancunian
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
To change the topic slightly

http://youtu.be/pGRpLiJtIcg

20 on his back 20 league titles.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #202
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Jayzus, who knew Dortmund were that good

By the way, I watched the Bayern - Barca game again last night and if they were Italian I'd swear they'd been paid to lose. A shocking lack of positional awareness, it's as if they didn't care. Very strange

JNRobert screwed with this post 04-24-2013 at 06:40 PM
JNRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #203
wxwax
Excited Member

BVD looked awesome. Lewandowski's third goal showed remarkable skill. What great feet and composure. It's a shame he's leaving the club.

Madrid aren't as toast as Barca, but they're not far from it. Seems very unlikely they'll claw back 3 goals. It's tough to be a counter-attacking team when you don't defend well.

I've been wondering why Barca no longer press as they did under Pep. It worked really well, covered their poor back line. I can only conclude that their players can no longer keep it up for 90 minutes. Alves looked old and slow yesterday.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #204
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Quote:
I've been wondering why Barca no longer press as they did under Pep. It worked really well, covered their poor back line. I can only conclude that their players can no longer keep it up for 90 minutes. Alves looked old and slow yesterday.
Something is wrong in that team and it's mental rather than physical. The core of the team is still on average under thirty. They need Pep to shake them up but, oh wait, where's he going to be next year

Madrid are toast. Barcelona have come back from the dead but not Madrid (watch them prove me wrong). Is there any doubt Mourinho is going to be somewhere else next year?

So, an all German final and two deserving teams - Ubber Alles. At least you get a sense with them that stylistically something revolutionary is going on. You couldn't say the same when Man U. and Chelsea made it an all English final.

p.s. I can't get over my creepy revulsion that Gomez looks like a he's straight out of Wehrmacht central casting
Old 04-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #205
ThePikeman
German n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
Something is wrong in that team and it's mental rather than physical. The core of the team is still on average under thirty. They need Pep to shake them up but, oh wait, where's he going to be next year

Madrid are toast. Barcelona have come back from the dead but not Madrid (watch them prove me wrong). Is there any doubt Mourinho is going to be somewhere else next year?

So, an all German final and two deserving teams - Ubber Alles. At least you get a sense with them that stylistically something revolutionary is going on. You couldn't say the same when Man U. and Chelsea made it an all English final.

p.s. I can't get over my creepy revulsion that Gomez looks like a he's straight out of Wehrmacht central casting
Madrid would be alright with a 3-0. Barcelona needs 4 goals without conceding. If Barca concedes, they need 6! goals. I don't think either team has a chance to recover from that.
That were not fluke results (like for example the Arsenal win in Munich). They were a result of dominating play. Even if Barca and Madrid improve, Bayern and BVB would have to totally deflate in addition.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #206
wxwax
Excited Member

What a shame that Dortmund is losing its two best players to Munich. It can't be healthy for the Bundesliga when one club can hog all the best German talent.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 04-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #207
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman View Post
That were not fluke results (like for example the Arsenal win in Munich). They were a result of dominating play. Even if Barca and Madrid improve, Bayern and BVB would have to totally deflate in addition.
Shows how important bad refereeing is. Dortmund should have been at home, watching Malaga play. Instead, they go out and dominate Madrid.

Did I say bad refereeing? I meant appalling, ludicrous, unforgivable refereeing. To miss the offside, especially on the winning goal, is unacceptable.

Tonight we saw more UEFA refereeing, Basle being given a phantom penalty against Chelsea.

The standard of officiating in Europe is disgraceful.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 04-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #208
ThePikeman
German n00b

Quote:
Shows how important bad refereeing is. Dortmund should have been at home, watching Malaga play. Instead, they go out and dominate Madrid.

Did I say bad refereeing? I meant appalling, ludicrous, unforgivable refereeing. To miss the offside, especially on the winning goal, is unacceptable.

Tonight we saw more UEFA refereeing, Basle being given a phantom penalty against Chelsea.

The standard of officiating in Europe is disgraceful.
It's all leveling out. In two legged games for sure.
Malaga's goal for the 1:2 in Dortmund was offside, too. So it even levelled out in one game.

What do you expect them to do? The games got much faster and more accurate. Officials barely have a chance to see everything a tv camera can capture on the third replay. I am surprised, so many of their decisions are accurate.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #209
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman View Post
It's all leveling out. In two legged games for sure.
Malaga's goal for the 1:2 in Dortmund was offside, too. So it even levelled out in one game.

What do you expect them to do? The games got much faster and more accurate. Officials barely have a chance to see everything a tv camera can capture on the third replay. I am surprised, so many of their decisions are accurate.
How they missed Dortmunds second as off-side is beyond me. Nothing marginal about it.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #210
Bshelton OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
I only saw it in fast motion, but it looked like the defender to his right was even with him. But this was a weird angle on TV

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: