ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Sol Erzenberg OP
Lost somewhere
 
Sol Erzenberg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Adelaide - North East.
Oddometer: 1,314
KTM 690 Tail Tidy - Advice sought ?

Just wondering if anyone has fitted one of these KTM Twins Tail Tidy on the back of their 690R or 690 Enduro ?

http://www.ktmtwins.com/rg-ktm-690-smc-enduro-tail-tidy


I currently have the KTM Enduro tail tidy & where I live the boys in blue dont like the angle that my number plate sits on & I thought the KTM Twins version looks much less of an angle & would certianly be more street legal.

Cheers, Sol..
__________________
2009 KTM 690 R
"Thats A Sweet Noise You Got There Man, I Had You Picked Clear Across The Mallee"
2006 KTM 625 SXC
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1979 Honda CR125R Elsinore.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC







Sol Erzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!
 
Yellow Pig's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 6,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Erzenberg View Post
Just wondering if anyone has fitted one of these KTM Twins Tail Tidy on the back of their 690R or 690 Enduro ?

http://www.ktmtwins.com/rg-ktm-690-smc-enduro-tail-tidy


I currently have the KTM Enduro tail tidy & where I live the boys in blue dont like the angle that my number plate sits on & I thought the KTM Twins version looks much less of an angle & would certianly be more street legal.

Cheers, Sol..
Try an exc 500 led tail light
__________________
So Many Idiots, So Few Comets!!!!!!!!!
Yellow Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
KC-10ENG
Adventurer
 
KC-10ENG's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 96
Just buy the Euro version from KTM twins. Mount the plate on the EXC plate holder or a stiff piece of plastic. I also put a sheet of dynomat on the back of my plates so that they do not vibrate. If you have to much angle you could heat it up with a heat gun to bend it down a little bit.
http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-690-endu...ght-and-fender

__________________
2014 KTM-350EXC
2008 KTM-690e
1971 Rupp Hustler
KC-10ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
Sol Erzenberg OP
Lost somewhere
 
Sol Erzenberg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Adelaide - North East.
Oddometer: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-10ENG View Post
Just buy the Euro version from KTM twins. Mount the plate on the EXC plate holder or a stiff piece of plastic. I also put a sheet of dynomat on the back of my plates so that they do not vibrate. If you have to much angle you could heat it up with a heat gun to bend it down a little bit.
http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-690-endu...ght-and-fender

Hi, I'm already using the KTM Euro version & the local Force here have defected me a few times already.

Everything else is legal on my bike in terms of mirrors, tyres & indicators etc..

Just looking for a better option from ADV folks for the rear tail tidy.
__________________
2009 KTM 690 R
"Thats A Sweet Noise You Got There Man, I Had You Picked Clear Across The Mallee"
2006 KTM 625 SXC
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1979 Honda CR125R Elsinore.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC







Sol Erzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #5
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!
 
Yellow Pig's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 6,815
Here is the 2013 KTM 500 EXC tail light.











Easy to find for cheap on E-Bay since most EXC riders switch to the more dirt worthy XC-W tail light.

__________________
So Many Idiots, So Few Comets!!!!!!!!!
Yellow Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
fastdadio
Still gettin faster
 
fastdadio's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Pinckney Mi.
Oddometer: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Erzenberg View Post
Hi, I'm already using the KTM Euro version & the local Force here have defected me a few times already.

Everything else is legal on my bike in terms of mirrors, tyres & indicators etc..

Just looking for a better option from ADV folks for the rear tail tidy.
Shim the plate so the coppers can see it. Couple of washers, piece of fuel hose, chunk of cork. soiled panties wrapped around a crumpled beer can...yada, yada. you get the idea. Why you letting them get close enough to read it anyway?

fastdadio screwed with this post 01-03-2013 at 09:38 AM Reason: Im a smart ass.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
Sol Erzenberg OP
Lost somewhere
 
Sol Erzenberg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Adelaide - North East.
Oddometer: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
Why you letting them get close enough to read it anyway?
Was parked in front of a Pub last time..
__________________
2009 KTM 690 R
"Thats A Sweet Noise You Got There Man, I Had You Picked Clear Across The Mallee"
2006 KTM 625 SXC
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1979 Honda CR125R Elsinore.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC







Sol Erzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #8
daniel5600
Adventurer
 
daniel5600's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Oddometer: 27
I checked the NSW laws on this the other day. The legislation here states...

The number plate should be vertical.
The above is exempt if it is impractical due to vehicle design.

It must also be visible from 20m.

I'd ague that it is still clearly visible from 20m, and the vehicle design puts the numberplate on an angle, it is impractical for this particular dirt bike to have the number plate dangling lower and straighter.
daniel5600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #9
Cruz
Lost but laughing.
 
Cruz's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Northside Brisbane, Qld Australia
Oddometer: 5,623
Wrong, as they come with a lower guard that the plate and plate light and reflector attach to.
__________________
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #10
SportsGuy
icanhazdirt?
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: redmond wa
Oddometer: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
Here is the 2013 KTM 500 EXC tail light.











Easy to find for cheap on E-Bay since most EXC riders switch to the more dirt worthy XC-W tail light.

Does this bolt directly on to the Enduro R rear end? Any trimming, etc. needed?
SportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
Bigbugberg
Meatbucket Supreme
 
Bigbugberg's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Oddometer: 280
Tail Tidy

The Tail Tidy on my 690 Enduro broke in two places when the wheel hit the plate (catching air). I was on a 1500 mile ride and had to field repair the TT to keep the plate on.

Seek another solution

__________________
I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it to you

2013 Guzzi Stelvio
2010 KTM 690 Enduro
2009 KTM 400XCW Plated
Bigbugberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #12
Okieboy2
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbugberg View Post
The Tail Tidy on my 690 Enduro broke in two places when the wheel hit the plate (catching air). I was on a 1500 mile ride and had to field repair the TT to keep the plate on.

Seek another solution

That looks like something from Sic Ass Racing. Get the Euro version. Mine has survived numerous G-outs.
__________________
12 500 XC-W
10 690 Enduro R
07 525 EXC
Okieboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #13
matt33
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: NE Pennsylvania
Oddometer: 117
After two different OEM taillights quit working in the first 1,000 miles, I decided to get a different setup. I bought this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-690-SMC-...71a2e3&vxp=mtr

It uses the OEM KTM euro fender, but the seller installs a custom LED taillight. I'm very happy with it. I added signals from sicass racing.


matt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014