User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
Aleeoop70 OP
EX-MX Adv Tourist

Oddometer: 95
WR250R FP-HUS fuel pump replacement question

Someone asked this question in the many WR250R "fuel pump failure" posts but I'm not sure anyone ever answered it so I will ask it again now (and yes I did the search to see if it was ever answered and I do not believe it was).
The FP-HUS fuel pump from California Cycle Works was cited as being a suitable replacement for the stock WR250R fuel pump. The question was asked if this pump can be mounted/attached to the stock "basket mount" or does it hang from the fuel line and "free float" in the tank without being secured. Has anyone here performed this replacement? Would it be a viable "field repair" or would fabrication tools be needed? Thanks in advance for you patience and hopefully answers.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
cacycleworks
n00b

Oddometer: 1
We've been working with our distributors on this exact problem. Apparently, the initial version of our pump was perfect. The current version is different in that we added barbs to the fuel outlet, which makes our pump NOT a direct replacement. We are trying to find out if there are enough applications for the "WR" variant of the pump to request another production run just for that version of the pump.

We also will incorporate the other internal improvements for the FP-HUS pump which makes it so durable.

We would appreciate your efforts to help us cross-reference this to other models and years of production. I'm not against having a FP-WR but if there aren't a LOT of them, we'll need to piggy back it on our next FP-HUS production run, which might not even be needed in 2013...

Thanks,
Chris
cacycleworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,999

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacycleworks View Post
We've been working with our distributors on this exact problem. Apparently, the initial version of our pump was perfect. The current version is different in that we added barbs to the fuel outlet, which makes our pump NOT a direct replacement. We are trying to find out if there are enough applications for the "WR" variant of the pump to request another production run just for that version of the pump.

We also will incorporate the other internal improvements for the FP-HUS pump which makes it so durable.

We would appreciate your efforts to help us cross-reference this to other models and years of production. I'm not against having a FP-WR but if there aren't a LOT of them, we'll need to piggy back it on our next FP-HUS production run, which might not even be needed in 2013...

Thanks,
Chris
i thought the Yamaha 125 Zuma used the same pump too and those guys have had some issues too.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
Aleeoop70 OP
EX-MX Adv Tourist

Oddometer: 95
Thanks for the reply. I will ask my local Yamaha dealer to cross reference the stock Yamaha pump. I'm wondering if the barbs can be removed without damaging the pump, so the FP-HUS pump could be carried as a spare.

Aleeoop70 screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 12:01 PM
Aleeoop70 is offline   Reply With Quote