Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Europe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
5 speed OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
Londoners-in town next week, where can I sit down and watch Isle of Man???

Looks like I have Thursday free. Would love to go over to the Island but too far so just assumed this is a big deal over there. Staying over near Regents Park. Any Pubs, bike hang outs, etc where they might be showing the time trials or whatever my be televised relating?

Could kick myself not to have scheduled my trip better to be there over the weekend
5 speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,890
Don't know if anyone carries the TT live. Highlights every night on ITV4 at 21:00.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
5 speed OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
Really what a shame, for the pathetic US I understand but for you guys having the biggest race in the world in your backyard, quite a surprise.

Anybody else?
5 speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
jquinton
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quite so, have to sit at home watching as even local biker pub does not show it.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
Fast_Boy_Slim
Don't call me Wighty

Oddometer: 3,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 speed View Post
Really what a shame, for the pathetic US I understand but for you guys having the biggest race in the world in your backyard, quite a surprise.

Anybody else?
37.5 mile circuit is not realistic to have live coverage. The best you are going to get unless you are there is online listening to Manx Radio which will commentate live on the race.

The team filming the event change their position up to 4 times per race and are still editing the show as it starts running at 21:00 the same night.

You might be able to get a flight out and watch it live though, but if you did we would all probably be too jealous to ever talk to you again so don't do that.

Quote:
Treat your throttle and brakes like a pair of b**bies! You go grabbing them hard and you're going to get slapped. You want to massage them nice and smooth. That way the bike will kiss you. Chris Carr
Fast_Boy_Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #6
Beer
950 SE

Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Boy_Slim View Post
You might be able to get a flight out and watch it live though, but if you did we would all probably be too jealous to ever talk to you again so don't do that.
from where you are - take the tube to victoria, get the gatwick express (30mins) jump on the 14.45 www.easyjet.com and 1hr 15 mins later you will be there!!

come back the next day flight costs are less than 100...trust me you won't regret it

don't worry about a hotel - just party all night!!

jobs a fookin gooden!!

http://950superenduro.com
Beer is offline   Reply With Quote