ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #31
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylsmkj View Post
Did you make it up Pritchett?

I seem to remember you did with that bike with me.
I don't know if I would call that MAKING it up Pritchett. I think you had to catch my bike at the top of each obstacle while I rolled down the rock, but me and my bike ended up at the top of the last obstacle, so maybe I made it up. It's really too bad neither of us had working video cameras that day; it would have been an epic FAIL compilation.
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #32
mylsmkj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
I don't know if I would call that MAKING it up Pritchett. I think you had to catch my bike at the top of each obstacle while I rolled down the rock, but me and my bike ended up at the top of the last obstacle, so maybe I made it up. It's really too bad neither of us had working video cameras that day; it would have been an epic FAIL compilation.
Neither one of us had our best day for sure. I honestly don't remember if we went out BTR and Kane or did an out and back.

Hijack over, back to Monkey Butting!

Sorry for the thread jack.
mylsmkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #33
mylsmkj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
Quote:
Wait... What?

I'm not sure I understand this correctly; are YOU giving Trevor shit for maybe not being able to make it to the MB?

I know you're worried that we'll all slow you down, and you're probably right, but at least show up ONE year before giving someone shit for not making it.

Sorry Paul (and I know this won't be popular here), but I don't think I'll ever make the MB. I am a multi-user and I simply won't contribute to an organization that isn't multi-use, or at least has a vision of how to use what we have effectively in a broad context, not just my wishes and needs, with public lands we need to accommodate all users as well as we can.

I have hundreds if not thousands of hours doing trail work (about 125 hrs./year on average), and do more each melt-off or dry-spell on moto specific ST (I have less than 10 hrs. on MTB only ST). So if anyone replys with hate...just do more than me to keep moto ST open.....then free game to bash!

mylsmkj screwed with this post 01-10-2013 at 07:06 PM
mylsmkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #34
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Quote:

Sorry Paul (and I know this won't be popular here), but I don't think I'll ever make the MB. I am a multi-user and I simply won't contribute to an organization that isn't multi-use, or at least has a vision of how to use what we have effectively in a broad context, not just my wishes and needs, with public lands we need to accommodate all users as well as we can.
So when I have control of the MB again in 2014, if I plan for us to ride Sheep Mtn again, park at the top of the trail, and then hike to the summit, you would join us???

Quote:
I have hundreds if not thousands of hours doing trail work (about 125 hrs./year on average), and do more each melt-off or dry-spell on moto specific ST (I have less than 10 hrs. on MTB only ST). So if anyone replys with hate...just do more than me to keep moto ST open.....then free game to bash!
None of us are questioning your dedication; as soon as you decide to show up, you're in. It's just that "showing up" part that doesn't seem to happen.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #35
rinoman
Let's ride

Oddometer: 117
I am glad to see MB is getting ready!
Let me know when you need help with some trail work.
I preffer August for the run of MB.
Tomas
Old 01-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #36
COXR650L
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,387
Quote:
Yea, you never hear about orange bikes having problems running questionable fuel, or overheating, or dropping valves 10 ft after the trailhead. The truth is, the vast majority of bikes have serious quality issues when it comes to the type of riding I like to do.

That DR350 I built has been the best bike I've owned. It's WAY too heavy for a wet, dark Timberline trail, or going south on Pritchett Canyon, and the forks still kind of suck... but that thing has been so reliable.
I was just giving you a hard time.

Think about how many times that bike has probably been kicked over in its life time before it broke...........

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #37
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Oddometer: 2,225
Quote:

Whatever. This is just some better worded excuse than others. You just don't want to have to tolerate me there and back in the car. I get it..First Moab Monkeybutt "my carb is leaking" ...second rocky mtn monkeybutt "I have to work Monday" ...third rocky mtn monkeybutt "my vag is too sandy (or was it work, or a plate, or lighting..)"...I get it, it's me, not you..Dick!
You can come this year, despite your stance. I understand and appreciate it because I know the time you put in. If you would feel better, you can MTB day two since it will probably be around Taylor Park. You might still be ahead of me on the ST actually..
Old 01-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #38
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Quote:
Yea, you never hear about orange bikes having problems running questionable fuel, or overheating, or dropping valves 10 ft after the trailhead. The truth is, the vast majority of bikes have serious quality issues when it comes to the type of riding I like to do.

That DR350 I built has been the best bike I've owned. It's WAY too heavy for a wet, dark Timberline trail, or going south on Pritchett Canyon, and the forks still kind of suck... but that thing has been so reliable.
Too bad they still put cheap Japanese foot pegs on those DR's...I have seen two break that I know of..anyone know a good welder?

:
Old 02-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #39
Stephenson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Any ideas on dates yet? I'm really interested inn this one!

I would say July for the same reasons as Pablo, more daylight hours.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Stephenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #40
Raul Duke OP
DROC

Oddometer: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenson View Post
Any ideas on dates yet? I'm really interested inn this one!
I am just waiting to hear back from the "Official MB Support Crew" as to what dates are good for them. They are the ones who really make the camps possible at the end of each day, so it will ultimately be up to their availability.
COHVCO
TPA
Raul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #41
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Duke View Post
I am just waiting to hear back from the "Official MB Support Crew" as to what dates are good for them. They are the ones who really make the camps possible at the end of each day, so it will ultimately be up to their availability.
I think you should just grow some balls and make a decision...
Old 02-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #42
COXR650L
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Duke View Post
Real men do it unsupported, just three days worth of cliff bars

(Really though the thought of good food and beer at the end of the day is all that keeps you going some times)

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #43
Raul Duke OP
DROC

Quote:
I think you should just grow some balls and make a decision...
Yeah, because your side of the house has provided all kind of support in the past.

Maybe we should just strap duffel bags to our fenders with cinch straps and see how that goes? Oh, wait... some silly f%ck already tried that.
COHVCO
TPA
Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #44
Raul Duke OP
DROC

Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
(Really though the thought of good food and beer at the end of the day is all that keeps you going some times)
COHVCO
TPA
Old 02-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #45
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Real men do it unsupported, just three days worth of cliff bars

(Really though the thought of good food and beer at the end of the day is all that keeps you some times)
I could make that a compromise..been working on bacon granola bars this winter! BTW- just picked up one of your jerseys from Highland Cycles. Liked being able to support a local shop and a friends business at the same time! It looks really good Ben!