ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
DestinationOffroad OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: South FLA
Oddometer: 51
2009 klx250s?

So someone near me is selling a 2009 KLX with 300 miles on it. He's put cycra handguards, Tag handlebars, bar raisers, new grips and Dunlop MX51 tires. Everything else is stock. there is a "1/4 inch tear" in the seat. He has it up for $3200, i still haven't sold my ninja but i might consider this because it looks like a good deal, but i don't know much about dual sports. Looks very clean in the photos. What do you guys think? Offer i should make? Etc.


Thanks!
__________________
Florida
DestinationOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
HighFive
Never Tap-Out
 
HighFive's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Okiehoma
Oddometer: 2,710
Its a great dualsport bike for light duty exploring. I have owned one. It's a Billy Goat on the trail....nice slow speed torque, but will also run the slab for hours on end at 70mph. You can leave it pinned wide open, if you don't mind the vibes.

As a starter bike, I would strongly recommend it. The price looks good! Nab it before someone else does. I sold my 2006 in 2012 with thousands of miles, and lots of scars, for $2,500

HF
__________________
'13 Husky TR650 Terra, '11 Husaberg FE390, '10 BMW F800GS, '12 BMW R1200GS
The Okie-Dokie BDR Terra-izing the CDR Bergs Over the Rainbow
Texas or Bust! Rocky Mountain HighFive The Other Side of Nowhere
Athena Big Bore Project
HighFive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG
 
AustinJake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Oddometer: 3,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
Its a great dualsport bike for light duty exploring. I have owned one. It's a Billy Goat on the trail....nice slow speed torque, but will also run the slab for hours on end at 70mph. You can leave it pinned wide open, if you don't mind the vibes.

As a starter bike, I would strongly recommend it. The price looks good! Nab it before someone else does. I sold my 2006 in 2012 with thousands of miles, and lots of scars, for $2,500

HF
+1 to Highfive's info, plus the 2009 KLX250 was the first year of the re-design so it really is a good bike to be looking at.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2009/02/18...mparison-test/
__________________
____________________________________
Get fit. Stay safe. Enjoy life. Learn something to help someone in need.
AustinJake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
marc11
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: New York
Oddometer: 167
KLX250s is a great bike, really good stock suspension and bullet proof motor. Takes to mods easy and easy/cheap to work on. I've own mine since 2006 and don't see myself selling it anytime soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
__________________
2007 BMW R1200RT
2002 Honda XR400r
marc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
Pauls2ndblessing
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Robertsdale, AL
Oddometer: 99
I just got a 2009 about a month ago, l've only owned 3 bikes so far, but out of all of them, it's the most fun and my favorite. It's a 250 Dual Sport so don't expect it to be a ninja 250 with dirt tires. If it's still choke collared(stock jetting, exhaust, no air box/filter mods) don't judge it till you take care of those things. I would jet/airbox mod first, then look up the free mods. After a few hours of work and 60-70 bucks, you'll see a big improvement.

check out www.kawasakiforums.com for some really great information, people, and help.

Here's my green mole:


**EDIT** as far as pricing goes... with 300 miles on it, its a good deal, 3k would be A GREAT DEAL :)
Pauls2ndblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
DestinationOffroad OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: South FLA
Oddometer: 51
I've sent an email to him telling him i'll give him the full price, he'll just have to wait a week because he is a few hours away. Hopefully he'll hold on to it for me. :-)
__________________
Florida
DestinationOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
Pauls2ndblessing
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Robertsdale, AL
Oddometer: 99
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationOffroad View Post
I've sent an email to him telling him i'll give him the full price, he'll just have to wait a week because he is a few hours away. Hopefully he'll hold on to it for me. :-)
I think as long as you go into it with the right expectations, you'll be really happy with it like most klx owners are !
Pauls2ndblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #8
IDRIDR
Take me to the River
 
IDRIDR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Boise, Idaho
Oddometer: 1,345
Another KLX250s fan here. Picked up my '06 from an 80-yr young gentlemen a couple years ago and have modded the heck out of her. Here it is in the parking lot this summer, KLR next, and a co-worker's 07 KLX250s. The co-worker picked hers up almost immediately after taking mine for a run around the block.

Paul's got the ticket on the kawasakiforum. There's TONS of great stuff over there. But don't forget ADV either: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107591


IDRIDR screwed with this post 01-04-2013 at 05:12 PM
IDRIDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
DestinationOffroad OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: South FLA
Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDRIDR View Post
Another KLX250s fan here. Picked up my '06 from an 80-yr young gentlemen a couple years ago and have modded the heck out of her. Here it is in the parking lot this summer, KLR next, and a co-worker's 07 KLX250s. The co-worker picked hers up almost immediately after taking mine for a run around the block.

Paul's got the ticket on the kawasakiforum. There's TONS of great stuff over there. But don't forget ADV either: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107591

Oh cool, thanks for the info. Is there a way to get rid of those ugly mirrors?
__________________
Florida
DestinationOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #10
sealsam
Sam...I am.
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: seal beach, ca.
Oddometer: 1,644
I've had mine a year now, and it has become my favorite bike. It is light, nimble and sips fuel. With my supidily large trunk, I can carry anything, and I gotta lotta crap in there most of the time.
Enjoy the bike, you'll probably search out some trails and you'll be glad you got it. Good luck.

Mine this summer in UT..

sealsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #11
DestinationOffroad OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: South FLA
Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by samthg View Post
I've had mine a year now, and it has become my favorite bike. It is light, nimble and sips fuel. With my supidily large trunk, I can carry anything, and I gotta lotta crap in there most of the time.
Enjoy the bike, you'll probably search out some trails and you'll be glad you got it. Good luck.

Mine this summer in UT..

Yeah I definitely plan on hitting some trails.
__________________
Florida
DestinationOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #12
DestinationOffroad OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: South FLA
Oddometer: 51
Hey guys- update time. Probably will go up to Orlando this week and he said he could meet me in Orlando to sell me the bike. He seems really nice. Also this thing has EFI?
__________________
Florida
DestinationOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #13
marc11
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: New York
Oddometer: 167
Nope carby.


Odd grammar, words and spelling brought to you by my iPhone's autocorrect.
__________________
2007 BMW R1200RT
2002 Honda XR400r
marc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #14
DestinationOffroad OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: South FLA
Oddometer: 51
He says it is fuel injected?

"It's a Fuel Injected Four Stroke 250" -Thats what he says in the ad.
__________________
Florida

DestinationOffroad screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 06:49 PM
DestinationOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #15
DestinationOffroad OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: South FLA
Oddometer: 51
Also, i don't see a choke in the pics (Bad pic, but on my ninja the choke is very noticable and you would be able to see it next to the high beams)
__________________
Florida
DestinationOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014