Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 01:27 AM   #31
ausfahrt
mach schnell

Oddometer: 1,728
Good luck on the purchase. I saw that ad as well and considered calling. I'm glad that it's going to a fellow inmate.

You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing, after they have tried everything else.
-Winston Churchill
ausfahrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #32
DestinationOffroad OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
I'll probably walk. I told him i see a carb in his pic. This is what he sent me

"Yeah, before 2009 they were carbureted. *2009 and on are EFI's. *Are you sure this is the same bike that you're looking for? *This is a KLX, not a KX. *This is the dual-sport, street legal 250, not an off-road only dirtbike like a motocross bike. *

Here's the Wiki page on the bike. *http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_KLX250S

Scroll down just a bit to the "Second Generation" which is what this bike is. *It's a 2009 and it's definitely fuel injected via Kehin EFI. *What I think you're seeing is the fuel bowl on the side of the EFI. "
Old 01-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #33
ausfahrt
mach schnell

Oddometer: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationOffroad View Post

"Yeah, before 2009 they were carbureted. *2009 and on are EFI's. *Are you sure this is the same bike that you're looking for? *This is a KLX, not a KX. *This is the dual-sport, street legal 250, not an off-road only dirtbike like a motocross bike. *

Here's the Wiki page on the bike. *http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_KLX250S

Scroll down just a bit to the "Second Generation" which is what this bike is. *It's a 2009 and it's definitely fuel injected via Kehin EFI. *What I think you're seeing is the fuel bowl on the side of the EFI. "
Now that I have read the whole thread...walk away.

You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing, after they have tried everything else.
-Winston Churchill
ausfahrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #34
Pauls2ndblessing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:

This dude is a sketch... I would be very weary, I see klx250's on the market all the time, in that price range. I think you can do better man but that is just me.
Pauls2ndblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #35
DestinationOffroad OP
Adventurer

I really want a WR anyway... just annoying that i've been searching for a long time and thought it would be good.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #36
Edwards
Gravel Eddie

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
I really want a WR anyway... just annoying that i've been searching for a long time and thought it would be good.
Just because the seller is a flake, that doen't mean it's a bad bike or deal. How far away is it? Just go look at it if it is close. if that is the actual picture of it, it does have a carb and there is some corrosion on the clamps and some funk just below valve cover. I bought my KLX from a guy that lived on the ocean and it had some corrosion spots as well. Pull the seat, look at the air cleaner. You will know by looking at the bike whether it is the low miles bike the seller says it is. Around this area, I would put this bike more in the $2900ish range.

Good luck
Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #37
DestinationOffroad OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards View Post
Just because the seller is a flake, that doen't mean it's a bad bike or deal. How far away is it? Just go look at it if it is close. if that is the actual picture of it, it does have a carb and there is some corrosion on the clamps and some funk just below valve cover. I bought my KLX from a guy that lived on the ocean and it had some corrosion spots as well. Pull the seat, look at the air cleaner. You will know by looking at the bike whether it is the low miles bike the seller says it is. Around this area, I would put this bike more in the $2900ish range.

Good luck
I know it still has potential, but i would be happier with a WR and i am not rushing to get a bike. When the right one comes around i'll get it :-)
Old 01-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #38
Pauls2ndblessing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
I know it still has potential, but i would be happier with a WR and i am not rushing to get a bike. When the right one comes around i'll get it :-)
Trust me there are plenty of bikes on the market and there will always be more. I'm not saying his bike is bad, it just seems weird that if he gave you that picture, and says he knows so much about bikes, he would know that it clearly is a carb'd bike, its easy to see it from the picture.

I just don't think that if it has 300 miles on it, there would be that much rash on the casing or RTV under the head cover, unless it was ridden hard a few times and put up wet/dirt and not taken care of.
Pauls2ndblessing is offline   Reply With Quote