Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #196
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 17,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
Dakar.com posted some extra photos for stage 4 after my previous post... here they are.

#36 - LAIA SANZ (ESP)

#9 - OLIVIER PAIN (FRA)

#11 - RUBEN FARIA (PRT)

#500 - GERARD DE ROOY (NLD) / TOM COLSOUL (BEL) / DAREK RODEWALD (NLD)

#9 - OLIVIER PAIN (FRA)

#9 - OLIVIER PAIN (FRA)

#8 - PAL ANDERS ULLEVALSETER (NOR)

#503 - ALES LOPRAIS (CZE) / SERGE BRUYNKENS (BEL) / RADIM PUSTĚJOVSKÝ (CZE)

#348 - BORIS GADASIN (RUS) / ALEKSEI KUZMICH (UKR)

#7 - FRANCISCO LOPEZ (CHL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
Old 01-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #197
kaia
team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer: 1,933
Dakar.com has filtered in a few more photos for stage 4. i've re-posted everything to the Dakar 2013 Media thread.

some pretty good stuff!

#28 - JEAN DE AZEVEDO (BRA)

#3 - HELDER RODRIGUES (PRT)

#30 - JAVIER PIZZOLITO (ARG)

#36 - LAIA SANZ (ESP)

#301 - GINIEL DE VILLIERS (ZAF) / DIRK VON ZITZEWITZ (DEU)

#315 - ROBBY GORDON (USA) / KELLON WALCH (USA)

#500 - GERARD DE ROOY (NLD) / TOM COLSOUL (BEL) / DAREK RODEWALD (NLD)

#503 - ALES LOPRAIS (CZE) / SERGE BRUYNKENS (BEL) / RADIM PUSTĚJOVSKÝ (CZE)

#250 - MARCOS PATRONELLI (ARG)

as always, everything posted over in the Dakar 2013 Media thread.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #198
kaia
team F5 ⌘R

all of the dakar - youtube vids for stage 5:

Stage 5 - Car/ Bike - Stage Summary (Arequipa Arica)

Stage 5 Top Moment - Arequipa - Arica

Stage 5 Beauty Shots - Arequipa - Arica

Stage 5 - Interview ROMA / CASTEU -- Car / Bike
Old 01-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #199
kaia
team F5 ⌘R

webventure.com.br photos are trickling in for today's split stage... enjoy! as always, everything posted over in the Dakar 2013 Media thread.

bikes

#54 - anyone know who this is? he's not listed on dakar.com...

quads

#287 - DIEGO MARTÍNEZ DIMETRY (BOL)

#284 - MARCELO FERNÁNDEZ (ARG)

#257 - KEES KOOLEN (NLD)

cars

#422 - VARELA REINALDO (BRA)

#324 - STEPHAN SCHOTT (DEU) / HOLM SCHMIDT (DEU)

#305 - JOAN (NANI) ROMA (ESP) / MICHEL PÉRIN (FRA)

#302 - STÉPHANE PETERHANSEL (FRA) / JEAN PAUL COTTRET (FRA)

#307 - LEONID NOVISTKIY (RUS) / KONSTANTIN ZHILTSOV (RUS)

trucks

#514 - RENÉ KUIPERS (NLD) / PETER VAN EERD (NLD) / MOI TORRALLARDONA (ESP)

#532 - ILGIZAR MARDEEV (RUS) / VIATCHESLAV MIZYUKAEV (RUS) / ALMAZ KHISAMIEV (RUS)

misc

don't forget... everything they've posted is also posted over in the Dakar 2013 Media thread.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #200
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,458
Pyndon's Stage 5 call in

Lyndon delivers another awesome call. Anyone else feel like you're there with him?

Stage 5 was billed as a "short" stage, but as Lyndon reports, woe is the competitor who confused distance, with challenge. Put into difficulty on several occasions, his enjoyment of the stage is nevertheless very clear in his voice (as Ned predicted it would be today). The competitors have a 0430 start tomorrow, compounded by a further two hour loss of sleep due to the time change in Chile. Get some rest, Lyndon, you'll need it for the marathon stage tomorrow!

Direct download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/rallyraidio/13D07.mp3

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA

Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
Old 01-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #201
PackMule
love what you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Dakar race - Johnny Campbell
Stage 5
275 km liaison
136 km special
At the beginning of the day we rode thru allot of technical rocky sections so I rode more conservative, then we had a challenging but fun hill climb on rocky mountains trails that required complete focus. Riding downhill, we faced tricky river crossings with lots of ditches. Overall it was more Baja style than the dunes today after km 50, we got some fast hard terrain, I could ride more on the gas. The bike worked really well today I finished in 25th and everyone on the team moved forward in overall position. Tomorrow will be a big day with over 700k total milage and over 400k special. My plan is to keep the bike moving and avoid any trouble. The team is all working very hard and while we are not quite half way we are in the thick of the rally at this point so it is important for me to get rest and allow plenty of preparation time for my daily road book work. I really appreciate all the support from my family & friends it keeps me going. The USA contingent here in Dakar has been great and we continue to make headway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8340SU View Post
Latest Rally News: Stage 5 - Peru - News - Dakar Rally, Peru - 09/01/2013

Positive day for Team HRC

Positive Start for Team HRCDay 5 Arequipa – Arica 136 km special 275 km liaison The Dakar Rally enters Chile and the difference is visible in terms of the scenery and the average speed recorded at the end of the stage. Riders tackled mountains rocky paths today reaching 2,200 meters before riding downhill for a 136-km long stage. It was a very demanding stage from a physical point of view especially in the stony sections and in the river bed crossings.Team HRC Riders started this relatively short stage with the target to close the gap from the front riders but without taking too many risks. It was a tight battle at the front with French David Casteu winning the stage 1'09" ahead of Olivier Pain and 3'25" in front of Alessandro Botturi. Cyril Despres finished in fourth place, 4'07'' behind his countryman, whilst Helder Rodrigues was eighth, 4'52" behind the stage winner. Javier Pizzolito finished 18th, while Johnny Campbell finished in 24th position.Argentinian Pizzolito now sits in 11th place overall (25’45” behind Pain who maintains the lead) followed by his team mate Helder Rodrigues, 12th at 25’58”. Johnny Campbell sits in 98th place.

Helder Rodrigues, SS5 8th +4’52”, 12th in the Overall: “It was a technical stage with lots of fech fech mixed with rocks, some fast “off piste” and then we climbed on rocky trails up to 2,000 meters. As it was a short stage, my strategy was not to push too much, so that tomorrow I can start in 8th position and I can attack focusing on recovering positions. My CRF 450 rally worked well today and I’m satisfied with today’s performance”.

Javier Pizzolito SS5 18th +7’42”, 11th in the Overall: “The final stage in Peru was short but very technical. I didn’t push too much as this was not a stage where you could recover many positions. I’m focusing on the first stage in Chile tomorrow where we will face sand and dunes of the Atacama desert”.

Johnny Campbell SS5 24th +14’50”, 98th in the Overall: “At the beginning there was a lot of fech fech mixed with stones so I rode more conservative, then we had a challenging hill climb on rocky mountains trails. Riding downhill, we faced tricky river crossings with lots of ditches. I was not comfortable in the first part of the stage, but after km 50, when we got some fast hard terrain, it was more a “Baja style” ride and I could ride more on full gas”.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post

Casteu's email news letter:

www.casteu.fr

Magnifique victoire de David !

Mercredi 9 janvier 2013 – 5e étape Arequipa – Arica

David a remporté mercredi la 5e étape du Dakar-2013 courue entre Arequipa (Pérou) et Arica sur 410 km, dont une spéciale de 136 km, à l’issue de laquelle Olivier Pain (Yamaha) a conservé la tête du classement général.
David a devancé Olivier Pain de 1′09” en finissant en 1 h 39′42”, l’Italien Allessandro Botturi (Husqvarna) terminant 3e à 3′25”.

Au classement général, Olivier Pain devance David d’une minute et 15 secondes, tandis que Cyril Despres (KTM), 4e de l’étape, est 3e à 6′07”.
C’est un retour au sommet pour le Niçois, trois ans après sa victoire lors de la première étape de l’édition 2010. Après trois ‘‘Dakar’’ marqués par un abandon (2010) et des places dans les profondeurs du classement en 2011 et 2012, le Niçois a énormément travaillé physiquement et perfectionné une Yamaha YZF 450 qu’il connaît par cœur.
Parti avec l’expérience de dix ‘‘Dakar’’, David est depuis le début de la course dans le peloton de tête tout en se permettant même d’ouvrir la piste.
« Tout s’est super bien passé, la Yamaha a super bien roulé, raconte-t-il après avoir passé la ligne d’arrivée. Dès le km 20, j’ai rattrapé Olivier Pain et nous avons roulé ensemble. Nous avons bien géré la course, nous avons fait la trace. Ce fut une belle étape ».
Cette 3e victoire d’étape, après celles de 2006 et 2010, lui fait énormément plaisir : « D’autant que c’est le début du rallye, tous les pilotes sont là et personne ne gère ». Après le sable des étapes péruviennes, cette 5e étape fut plus rocailleuse : « C’était très dur, avec beaucoup de pierres, de dangers, il fallait être hyper vigilant ».

Le coéquipier de David, Romain Souvignet, poursuit sa route en se classant 40e à 19′50” du vainqueur et 35e au général à 1 h 28′16” du leader.
Ce jeudi, David s’attaque à la 6e étape, disputée aujourd’hui au Chili, entre Arica et Calama avec une liaison de 331 km et une spéciale de 454 km dans le désert de l’Atacama.

Splendid victory of David!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - Stage 5 - Arequipa Arica

David won Wednesday the 5th stage of the Dakar 2013 between raced Arequipa (Peru) and on Arica 410 km, including 136 km of special, after which Olivier Pain (Yamaha) retained the overall lead.
David overtook Olivier Pain 1'09 "ending in 1 h 39'42", Italian Alessandro Botturi (Husqvarna) finishing 3rd at 3'25 ".

Overall, ahead of David Olivier Pain a minute and 15 seconds, while Cyril Despres (KTM), the fourth step is third in 6'07 ".
This is a return to the Nice summit, three years after his victory in the first stage of the 2010 edition. After three'' Dakar'' marked by abandonment (2010) and places in the depths of the rankings in 2011 and 2012, the Frenchman has worked hard physically and perfected a Yamaha YZF 450 he knows by heart.
Party with the experience of ten'' Dakar'' David is the beginning of the race in the forefront while allowing even open the track.
"Everything was great, the Yamaha has great roll, says it after passing the finish line. At the km 20, I caught Olivier Pain and we rode together. We managed the race track we made. It was a great step. "
This 3rd stage victory after those of 2006 and 2010, it is a great pleasure: "Especially since this is the start of the rally, all the drivers are there and nobody manages." After the sand steps Peruvian, this fifth step was more rocky: "It was very hard with lots of stones, dangers, he must be hyper vigilant."

David's teammate Romain Souvignet, continues its road ranking 40th in 19'50 "winner and 35th overall at 1 h 28'16" behind the leader.
Thursday, David tackles the sixth stage, played today in Chile between Arica and Calama with a link of 331 km and 454 km special in the Atacama Desert

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

Pyndon '13
Old 01-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #202
PackMule
love what you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8340SU View Post
Barreda's dream ends

He had everything planned to the fifth stage. Then came new plans and goals. Everything seemed to go smoothly: nailed his goals being the tenth ranked in the first stage: short, a snack, went out among the former, but not in the lead, the second day and that allowed him to quickly close the gap and win the stage, the same made on the fourth day, but the day before had been something more to break the spokes of the wheel and went further back than expected, but he continued to surprise, daring, fast. In the fifth stage, the more enduro, the more technical, which is said goodbye to the dunes momentarily and welcomed miss roads and land harder, all plans were ruined.

Barreda fuel pump broke his at kilometer 40 of a special 136, a short timed, which speaks volumes about the difficulty of the terrain. The Spanish, one of the biggest names in the beginning of this rally, reached the last checkpoint three hours after the first, David Casteu, and just behind teammate Matt Fish, who gave him a hand to complete the stage. So Barreda, winner of two stages, says goodbye to his title options. Frenchman Olivier Pain Yamaha leads the overall thanks to his consistency and challenge his compatriot Cyril Despres, third place and the favorite.

"I could not move forward, towards the end we suffered a lot. Fish had a fuel pump, but would not have solved anything, "recounted the Barreda, who believes that the problem derives from Wednesday when he suffered the accident two days earlier:" By going with broken spokes and wheel side by side I think it broke the tank, "he said, his face still dirty, full of dust, exhausted after more than five hours of a terrible job. They had to push his bike for almost 100 miles and another 275 special liaison to the bivouac: "We were taking turns, dragging as we could, we have fallen several times and have come out a little from the path to find an easier way without forgetting go through all the obligatory passage points "he recalled.

Throughout the year I have not had any mechanical problems and now I have been the only in the team with problems
And hurt by the missed opportunity: "Now the race is already lost. And you have to learn and analyze what happened. We are still in an upward, both the team and myself. The pity is that in all the years I've had no mechanical problems and now I have been the only in team with problems. I've had bad luck. " Confess it will cost to ride the bike on Thursday: "Now you remember the work done throughout the year and you realize that everything is going to hell in a moment. But had a hard time getting here, so you have to follow. " From now on, he says, is to get to Santiago and take advantage of what is to gain experience and help fellow Botturi Gonçalves and to get into the top 5. "And if I can pull, open track someday and take risks in terms of navigation, I will take" ditch thinking ahead.

Pyndon '13
Old 01-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #203
PackMule
love what you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
My friend and rally field observer ends his chase of the Dakar today at Tacna. Thanks Ryan for all your on the ground reports!

Ryan Illingworth (Facebook)

Today we have sadly left the Dakar after 5 amazing days following the race. We have arrived in a city called Tacna which is on the border of Peru and Chile. The competitors have and are busy passing through the border to continue the rally in Chile for a day then they pass into Argentina. The highlight of today was riding a few hundred kms with Riaan Van Niekerk and Darryl Curtis. Wayne and I took turns videoing the scenery and the riders and then the most amazing thing happened - while Wayne was filming, Darryl took his camera and filmed himself and us! Awesome stuff to have a top Dakar competitor having fun with us. Hopefully Wayne will be able to post the video on his blog.
Tomorrow the focus changes completely to relaxed touring and playing tourist tourist. — with Wayne Whiffler.

From Darryl Curtis (Facebook) two hours ago - The Briefing in Arica.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanny View Post
One of Patrick before I hit the hay for the night..

Nighty-night folks...gotta rest for the marathon stage...

Pyndon '13
Old 01-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #204
PackMule
love what you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagnaou View Post
Nate, here is my take on it, I remember when the first Dakar started the french press was all over it, even magazines that were not related to motorized sport were talking about the Dakar, because it was the dream, they were getting people hooked to the human challenge, the adventure in the unknown outside of our societies where risk has for the most part been taken away. Plus kind of like the Tour de France, the Dakar caravane was crossing France, I remembered spending hours on the side of the road watching those vehicles go by, something that no very many of us experience anymore.

Obviously pretty soon, the TVs went in and it expanded from there, I seem to remember that in the early 90's during the Peugeot an Citroen era La 5 had more than 5 hours daily related to the Dakar. That was awesome, but it was probably too much as they did not maintained it. Then France television picked it up, France 2, France 3 and France 4. From there it seems that the coverage has been about constant. Somebody commented earlier that in Africa there was not as good TV coverage, from a french viewer stand point I do not think it was true, this year coverage by France 4 based on the available technology is no different in my opinion to what we were seeing in Africa. Something that they try to do is to present the Dakar under all its various aspects, the race with the leaders, the country and the landscape visited and then the human adventure (the guys that are in the back that are struggling to make it through the stages, etc...)

Obviously here (in the US) TV coverage of the Dakar is mainly inexistant and that has been hard to follow. Myway made my year this year by figuring out a way to get the french broadcast here. In the past I was messing with VPN from France to access that coverage but it was cumbersome and never worked really well. I actually the last few years planned my yearly trip around the Dakar so that I could get the good coverage while over there ;-)

Pyndon '13
Old 01-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #205
PackMule
love what you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplug678 View Post
I seem to recall Ned's voice sounding about the same through some of the stages last year. The thing I think is really cool, first with Ned and now with Lyndon is the enjoyment in their voices. For them this isn't a job but a passion or goal they worked hard to achieve and they are having fun. In my eyes this is the true Dakar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
I had the privellige of talking with Ned during last years rally, together with PackMule, prior to one of his RallyRadio call in's. In the banter before Nate hit the record button, one of the things that impressed me, was the genuine way that ned seemed to be thoroughly immersed and enjoying th experience that was Dakar, he was jus sooooo damned glad to be a part of it... I got the impression that he enjoyed EVERYTHING... the dry throat parching tatse of the fexh fesh, the encrusted dust cornflakes that accumulate in your nasal cavity, the sting of sweat and sand in your eyes, even though you are wearing the best goggles money can buy, the smell of that helmet liner after 10 days... the fact that it no longer bothers you after ten days...

Ned was high on the whole deal and lovin' it, This coupled with his undoubted riding skills, pragmatic tenacity and most of all (I thought) a sound realistic approach to something that is tough... but achievable, provided it is approached with respect. I think that ned had a respect for the rally, but even moreso a respect for himself. The respect not to let ones self get caught up in the hype of "racing" the Dakar... racing others or even racing ones self.

He said something prior to the event - I am paraphrasing . but I think it is pretty close; "A lot of people enter the Dakar with the expressed goal of finishing... and then (somewhere along the journey) they get caught up in racing the Dakar" (and thatäs how it ends for them).

That struck a chord... probably the single most profound comment/statement I have ever seen read or heard, with respect to the "everyday joe" approach to rallyings everest.

And that's who Ned is... an everyday joe, with a damned awesome work ethic, more than a dose of skill and determination and all round good bloke while he is at it.

I for one hope he takes another stab at it one day. He'll do a bloody good job of it, that we can all be sure of!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
Not caught up all the way but wanted to throw some input here.

Over the course of the stage, there are often on the order of 30 waypoints, between speed zone entrance and exits, WPM, WPS, DSS, ASS, etc. The GPS records mileage as covered on the ground, UNTIL you collect one of those 30 waypoints, at which point it sets itself correctly to the roadbook.

So, the advantage of the GPS odo is that it automatically corrects itself. I found myself using it more and more heavily as the rally progressed.

The drawback is that you can't increment or decrement it if you get lost... but the need to do so is mostly obviated by the auto correct function.

A few car navigators I spoke with indicated using the GPS odo more or less exclusively.

Pyndon '13
Old 01-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #206
kaia
team F5 ⌘R

more webventure.com.br photos from stage 5... all cars and trucks; no bike photos posted yet. -->> all posted in the Dakar 2013 Media thread.

cars
#314 - BORIS GARAFULIC (CHL) / GILLES PICARD (FRA)

#311 - GUILHERME SPINELLI (BRA) / YOUSSEF HADDAD (BRA)

#305 - JOAN (NANI) ROMA (ESP) / MICHEL PÉRIN (FRA)

trucks

#504 - HANS STACEY (NLD) / DETLEF RUF (DEU) / BERNARD DER KINDEREN (NLD)

why are you still here? many more photos are posted in the Dakar 2013 Media thread.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #207
Flood OP
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Note the antifreeze pouring out of the dash when they are upside down

2013 Team SPEED Dakar Stage 4 from PlanetRobby on Vimeo.
">
2013 Team SPEED Dakar Stage 4 from PlanetRobby on Vimeo.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Old 01-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #208
Flood OP
F5lood.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Old 01-10-2013, 12:49 AM   #209
Flood OP
F5lood.

Again, today's special, posted last night by redhat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhat View Post
The distances for the WP's tomorrow:

Start of the special @ 8:45 local
WP1 @ 38km
WP2 @ 64km
WP3&4 are a mess, and almost the same as the CP's
CP1 @ 116km
CP2 @ 132km
WP5 @ 164km
WP6 @ 229km, start of neutralisation
WP7 @ 326km, end of neutralisation
CP3 @ 438km
Finish @ 454km
We're on Chile/Argentina time now, 2 hours earlier:

Local time in Chile and Argentina

That means Casteu opens today's stage 3 hours from now.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Old 01-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #210
Flood OP
F5lood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Still havent found time to catch up
But here is the email from INGO's wife

Hia everyone

I have to say...”third time is the charm” – well, for me that is.. I am finding this Dakar a lot less stress full than the last two. I have learnt NOT to hover over the waypoints till i see him through them... instead- i walk away and do other things- coming back in the time that i expect him to be showing up. Man it is working for me..
I do believe – I have found the Dakar fever cure ... J and saved myself a lot of heart beat skips/stops

Today’s stage – saw 156 bikers off... with 25 already dropped out. With Ingo is starting position 61 into a stage that could be described as a landscape of changes... with dunes... rocky tracks.. river beds and Valley’s.
274km of that being racing and 136km of connection route. One tends to forget how long and boring ( and tiring ) the long connections routes are for the guys. If you can remember .. Ingo finished Tuesday race stage @ 18h20 ( our time) and only phoned home 6 hours later...when he got into the biviac.
We all sigh a breath of relief once we see he is at the finish for the day.. forgetting, that he still has hours in the saddle before he can get off the bike and say he is actually finished for the day.
It’s one of Ingo’s “Dakar don’t likes” - the long ( speed limited) connection stages.

He phoned in just after 23h00- sounding chirpy and happy- saying it was a short but very tough stage.
He says the fesh fesh in the beginning was horrible- with the extra soft sand, knee deep. If his bike “dug in” to it, the whole wheel was under sand. “man it was hard” he kept saying.
The navigation was very tricky today.. trying to “catch the guys out” where ever they could. He says he lost a bit of time by taking on a mnt from the wrong side.. there was a short cut up the mountain.. which he didn’t see and struggled to get up it –then tackling the down side of it was hard.. very rocky.
But on the bright side..made up time on another mountain.. where it looked like most guys had taken the right hand side route.. he opted for the left- getting up it- in one shot. says he saw guys flipping their quads on that mountain (that’s how steep it was)

As in the previous Dakar’s with our dude.. his first fall was – well not even a fall.. he just tipped over- saying his legs are to damn short ( guess we aint solving that problem any time soon)
Says his famous boom bum problem’s way better today.. Doctored it and slept “in the nick” last night. mmmm am just thinking....., if one huge sand storm ever had to hit a biviac in the early hours of the morning taking tents with it..... am guessing it would be a sight for sore eyes ( and sore boom bums )

Orange service team is doing amazingly well so far... with David in overall 39th after today’s stage and Ingo 48th. (this is at 00h05...so can guess it will stay like this )

Stage 6 (Thursday) takes them on a 455km special stage through Chile- from Arica to Calama. Bikes starting 08h45. If i am not mistaken.. Chile is 2 hours ahead of Peru.. so take this in consideration when you want to start tracking. But pls double check..i am speaking under correction and sleep deprivation .

Yesterday- Brett Cummings (south African #89) dropped in positions after towing in his fellow team mate, Todd Smith for 28km of the race stage and then 130km of the connection stage. In doing this- almost blowing his own engine-he says it was the toughest stage so far. ( guess towing dead weight for 158km will take it out of you) but this just shows –team work.. sportsmanship... is what this race is all about.

Unfortunately i can’t give you any more Ingo info- as his sat phone credit run up in mid call-
Just that- all is well in Dakar Land for #101

Thumbs up and fingers crossed for #101
Proudly Namibian
Lisa and Zoe

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Closed Thread