ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
GrayEagleRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Oddometer: 229
Fox Comp 5 Boot for Trials

Posted this in another thread, but thought it was deserving of it's own for more responses.

Has anyone tried the Fox Comp 5 boots for trials riding? They are not a trials specific boot, but they do advertise that they have a more flexible sole/ankle and better comfort compared to "normal" motocross boots.

They also seem to have good protection and are reasonable priced compared to trials boots.

GrayEagleRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: nm
Oddometer: 2,185
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...-Black?ref=sho
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
motojunky
Professional Idiot
 
motojunky's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North East, MD
Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayEagleRider View Post
Posted this in another thread, but thought it was deserving of it's own for more responses.

Has anyone tried the Fox Comp 5 boots for trials riding? They are not a trials specific boot, but they do advertise that they have a more flexible sole/ankle and better comfort compared to "normal" motocross boots.

They also seem to have good protection and are reasonable priced compared to trials boots.

My advice: if you don't want to spring for trials boots right away (it took me a year), buy a pair of cheap ATV/MX boots to hold you over until you're ready. If you stick with it, you'll want trials boots.

I'll PM you a local source for Alpinestars...
motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
GrayEagleRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojunky View Post
My advice: if you don't want to spring for trials boots right away (it took me a year), buy a pair of cheap ATV/MX boots to hold you over until you're ready. If you stick with it, you'll want trials boots.

I'll PM you a local source for Alpinestars...
Got it, thanks!

Maybe if I am good this year Santa will bring me some new trials boots for my... Birthday.
GrayEagleRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
motojunky
Professional Idiot
 
motojunky's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North East, MD
Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayEagleRider View Post
Got it, thanks!

Maybe if I am good this year Santa will bring me some new trials boots for my... Birthday.
I think they cost about $21.75...
motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
GrayEagleRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojunky View Post
I think they cost about $21.75...
Good one.
GrayEagleRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014