Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 02:40 AM   #1
betitou OP
Thumperized!

Oddometer: 100
Gredos Mountains, Spain

Hi y'all riders!

This past saturday we had a perfectly sunny riding day, with many corners to enjoy, good sightseeing and best company!
Route planning: http://goo.gl/maps/7xGgg
The main idea was to climb up Navalmoral, Mijares and El Pico, and of course, we succeeded!

First stop: Burguillo dam, looking a bit dry. We'll have to see it after the melt down...

Next stop, Burgohondo. We had a quick breakfast there, to warm up ourselves and start climbing Navalmoral. This spot, marked on the map as "D", was misterous to me, since it was quite away from the main route. The route designer told us it is an unavoidable spot. Many many corners, great asphalt and a bit of snow on the top. Mistery resolved!
Temperature up in there was -0'5C, quite chilly!

Next climb was Mijares. This climb goes along a very narrow road, and it was plenty of salt. The asphalt wasn't the best, so we had to take extra caution here. On the other hand, there was no sign of ice packs.

Just before this climbing, we found a very rare rider, or maybe the weird thing was the machine down his legs... Make your own conclussions!

Scorpion sponsored pic!

Climbing Mijares up, there's a wall where the sun doesn't fall during the whole winter. The mixture of that, and a waterfall coming the same way, makes the wall look like this:

HJC sponsored pic!

We found another rider on top of a blue Wee Strom like mine, the so-called "my cousin":

We stoped by a restaurant to have a rest, coffee and a quick chat with some other riders, who wanted to know how was Mijares road, since we were coming from where they were going to
Down the mountain, fueling up our bikes, it was 14C. Soooo warm

Back to the mountain, climbing El Pico, you can see many people walking along the road. There's a Roman sidewalk, full of stones, goats and so on, very natural
Sight from the very top:

The drama of the day was losing our koala. We could only keep her gloves stuck to the bike handle...

Well, this is only a brief summary of a day full of sensations, experiences and good friends riding together.
I'm giving my best English. Any correction would be appreciated.
2005 Yamaha XT 660 R
Hello from Spain!
betitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
Hunebed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
[QUOTE}The drama of the day was losing our koala. We could only keep her gloves stuck to the bike handle... [/QUOTE]

Shu!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
trespalacios
Oh libertad

Oddometer: 661
Que buen paseo!! Tu ingles esta muy bueno. Greetings from a fellow Strommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by betitou View Post
Hi y'all riders!

This past saturday we had a perfectly sunny riding day, with many corners to enjoy, good sightseeing and best company!
Route planning: http://goo.gl/maps/7xGgg
The main idea was to climb up Navalmoral, Mijares and El Pico, and of course, we succeeded!

First stop: Burguillo dam, looking a bit dry. We'll have to see it after the melt down...

Next stop, Burgohondo. We had a quick breakfast there, to warm up ourselves and start climbing Navalmoral. This spot, marked on the map as "D", was misterous to me, since it was quite away from the main route. The route designer told us it is an unavoidable spot. Many many corners, great asphalt and a bit of snow on the top. Mistery resolved!
Temperature up in there was -0'5C, quite chilly!

Next climb was Mijares. This climb goes along a very narrow road, and it was plenty of salt. The asphalt wasn't the best, so we had to take extra caution here. On the other hand, there was no sign of ice packs.

Just before this climbing, we found a very rare rider, or maybe the weird thing was the machine down his legs... Make your own conclussions!

Scorpion sponsored pic!

Climbing Mijares up, there's a wall where the sun doesn't fall during the whole winter. The mixture of that, and a waterfall coming the same way, makes the wall look like this:

HJC sponsored pic!

We found another rider on top of a blue Wee Strom like mine, the so-called "my cousin":

We stoped by a restaurant to have a rest, coffee and a quick chat with some other riders, who wanted to know how was Mijares road, since we were coming from where they were going to
Down the mountain, fueling up our bikes, it was 14C. Soooo warm

Back to the mountain, climbing El Pico, you can see many people walking along the road. There's a Roman sidewalk, full of stones, goats and so on, very natural
Sight from the very top:

The drama of the day was losing our koala. We could only keep her gloves stuck to the bike handle...

Well, this is only a brief summary of a day full of sensations, experiences and good friends riding together.
I'm giving my best English. Any correction would be appreciated.

Antioquia, tierra de mis amores
Some trail riding stories
trespalacios is offline   Reply With Quote