Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #16
oppozit
Banned

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrb View Post
Фу ты ж блин, совсем не могу изъясняться) Короче внутренний рынок ими заброшен, и чтобы его завоевать, нужно положить на это дохрена сил и средств. А у них нет никаких амбиций мирового господства)) Нафига им это надо? Я б на их месте действовал бы точно также и поставлял свою продукцию туда, где ее бодро раскупают и где есть прекрасно налаженная сеть сбыта с блэкджеком и шлюхами.
Трое мужчин, которые купили компанию из Бендукидзе не были заинтересованы в мотоциклах только в зачистки ИМЗ активов. Они провели больше времени колоть друг друга в спину, чем в улучшении мото или компании.

Я считаю, с вашего номерного знака, что вы живете за пределами Петербурга
oppozit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #17
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by oppozit View Post
Трое мужчин, которые купили компанию из Бендукидзе не были заинтересованы в мотоциклах только в зачистки ИМЗ активов. Они провели больше времени колоть друг друга в спину, чем в улучшении мото или компании.

St. Petersburg? Really?

Old 01-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #18
oppozit
Banned

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
St. Petersburg? Really?

The 47 on the number-plate indicates the Leningrad Oblast. Is that so hard to understand?
oppozit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:30 AM   #19
PetrB OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by oppozit View Post

Yes, yes) The Leningrad region, not far from St. Petersburg.

But I don't want to discuss politics)) IMZ, like, alive and well. Let it be further
PetrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:23 AM   #20
PetrB OP
Adventurer

Well. If the public is so interested, I can tell about how we went from St. Petersburg to Arkhangelsk in 2012. I will be writing small pieces. As I said earlier, I need a lot of time to give birth to a human-readable text in English.

In general, this moto-trip was part of a larger expedition, the purpose of which is to deliver for sale our small sailing-motor catamaran through the White and Barents seas from Arkhangelsk (Arkhangelsk Region) to Naryan-Mar (Nenets region). That is, we had to drive about 600 miles to Archangelsk, there to prepare the boat, then sail on it 700 nautical miles in the polar seas. In Naryan-Mar we had to deliver the boat to the buyer, then boarded a plane to Arkhangelsk, where we would return to our home with the money via the hack.

Since I bought the bike recently, it would be our first long journey on it. And the boat was not cruising yacht - it was an lightweight 19ft inflatable catamaran, with a bare deck with no cover, with the small sail area, and with the small 4HP outboard. Of course that the expedition was going to be an interesting and difficult.

On the map it looks like this: https://maps.google.ru/maps/ms?msid=...f0718400&msa=0

Okay, after a while, I will continue my story, and I will show different pictures
Old 01-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #21
PetrB OP
Adventurer

As usual, we have been preparing for the trip at the last day before the start. I set the bike boxes for different things, big box for arms (according to Russian laws arms shipments are very hard - much easier to carry it self). All these improvements are seems clumsy, but it was produced just during a few hours out of plywood with electric jigsaw and screwdriver.

I also installed the mount for a 20-liter canister, because a gas stations on our route will be rare, on average, every 100 miles. The bike will be extremely overloaded, and I have set up my carbs so that the mixture is obviously richer (to increase a torque at low RPM and to decrease probability of overheating), gasoline we should take a lot - 40 liters onboard.

So, our catamaran and all things that are not necessary in the trip, we sent to Arkhangelsk via a transport company. And on June 14 in the morning we went out of the house - I, my wife, our two dogs and 100 + kilograms of various cargo.

The first day we drove 180 miles from our house to the town Podporozhye on the Svir river. In Podporozhye are living my wife's parents, and we were able to comfortably stay at their cottage. About this passage I cant tell nothing interesting, as the roads in this part of the path are straight and boring.

The next day we left Podporozhye, and have reached the Vologda region. It has become much more fun. Asphalt was ended and the endless grader-dirt-roads (Hmmm... How to say it in English? Sand-covered roads? Coverless roads?) has began.

However, in the our interstate routes have such a wonderful thing. For example, first you drive 50 miles on a bad dirt road, and then, suddenly, quite unexpectedly find yourself on a 30-kilometer section of perfect asphalt. It would seems, like an someone sometime was wanted to build a piece of highway at this point. But no major settlements or important sites here. Its simply piece of highway from nowhere to nowhere. Then as suddenly asphalt ends and begins again sand and mud.

Here I must make a remark. Main traffic from St. Petersburg to Arkhangelsk is aimed at a completely different track. That is a large highway. But that big road is longer than this, and quite uninteresting for us. That is why we was decided to go here on the route St. Petersburg - Podporozhye - Vytegra - Pudozh - Kargopol - Bryn Navolok – Arkhangelsk. In addition, the Ural is created as a "ground cruiser", and a long ride it on a smooth asphalt will be very sad, IMHO.

By evening we reached almost to Vytegra, but we had to find a place to camp away from the town. Of course, we wanted to get in the forest away from the road, to stay there in safe and secure place for the night. But all my attempts to enter the small country roads in a places, there were looks pretty, was failed. It is not surprising. The motorcycle was terribly overloaded, and had not yet been equipped with 2wd. The grounds in this area was loose and muddy, and the relief - a very crossed. So, when we drove a little, we will either get stuck in a puddle, or were unable to enter any hill. Every time I was compelled to take a winch, and a long pull the motorcycle from the grip of sticky mud.

Finally we went back to the main road, and during two hour, in the night, passed Vytegra. Further, in the dark, we found a clearing in the forest, climbed into it as deeply as possible, and there set camp.

Well, as long as enough. Will be continued later. Unless, of course, my writing is not tired anyone.And because there are very few pictures, I'll show you the video. It is too long and boring, but it was filmed on a cell phone, and mastered very quickly, without any special software.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #22
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,346
I can't believe you took the dogs with you! Too cool! Very great video!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #23
Mechanista
manic depressive

Oddometer: 444
[

I love Russia!
(Except for the mosquitos!)
Old 01-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #24
claude
Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer: 3,475
Good video. Thanks for sharing it.

Founder: Internet Sidecar Owners Klub at SCT
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

President: C Stanley Motorsports Inc.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rsandTrailers/

http://freedomsidecars.com/
claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #25
Alaskahack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
Great video 😊

Thought everything you put in this thread was great. I really like your front tire what size is it?

Lets get more videos

Blog: alaskapeeks.blogspot.com

Retired and Riding
Alaskahack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #26
PetrB OP
Adventurer

Perhaps, we will continue. In the morning we got out of the forest back to the main road and headed toward Pudozh. On this part of our journey was unremarkable. It was just a narrow asphalt road desert, sandwiched between two walls of thick deciduous forest. We passed a couple of villages and then reached and town Pudozh - a small district center in Karelia.

Here we was refueled and drove on. From Pudozh town to the border of the Arkhangelsk region is going smooth lonely highway, straight as an arrow. On the sides are carried bright pine woods, growing on a sandy slopes; sometimes come across a beautiful lakes. Near one of these lakes, we was stops to take relax and to have a dinner.

Although, relaxation got quite stressful. Starting from these places, in the air was naturally swarmed innumerable hordes of mosquitoes and midges. These nasty critters are hiding in the grass, and if any warm-blooded creature are appears near, they jumps up to clouding it, and began to mercilessly eat it. We with my wife wore mosquito nets, but the dogs could not escape from the attacking parasites.

As soon as we had passed a border sign of Arkhangelsk region, the road was dipped somewhere down, pine forests have disappeared, and we were on the dirt road, winding among disordered swampy thickets. To continue ride today, we was somehow lazy. So as soon as we saw an attractive meadow, we immediately moved out on it, and went to the far end of the field, there we could to hide in the woods and put up a tent.

So, another night we spent in a pleasant place. In the morning, as usual, got prepared and moved on. We passed a couple of villages, look at the local wooden churches. The road was constantly changing: the sand gave way to concrete slabs, which are then gave way to asphalt, which again gave way to sand, and so on. So we got to town Kargopol. Again refueling, and again riding. After Kargopol road get excellent quality. They remain as desolate as ever, but are perfectly smooth and straight. Often appears around very neat villages and large pastures - one can see that in this region are live a very diligent and good farmers. And those their fields - its calling us up to drive at, through the grass and flowers, and stop in, to boil and drink a pot of tea.

Next we drove town Plesetsk, where are one of the Russian spaceports. After a few miles after the Plesetsk, asphalt has ended and started again a dirt road. Here I first saw other motorcyclists - both local and visiting motorcycle tourists. Because riding here was rather difficult, so neither they, nor I, was not bother for mutual greetings. But, honestly, I was a little sorry for these people, who were limping sadly on the pits and bumps on these heavy enduros. Either case, Ural! Of course, we can not go fast on asphalt, but we will not go slow on the ground. That the asphalt, that on the ground, we are keeping a cruising speed of 50mph.

This evening we stopped for the night in an interesting pine forest. Probably, in the last year, there had a forest fire, and now forest looks so surreal. And the next morning we pass Bryn-Navolok village, were we turn on the busy highway, which after a few hours brought us to the goal of the trip - in Arkhangelsk.

In Arkhangelsk, we were waited by our friend. He kindly accommodated us in his own little country house. After a few days, we have to get our boat and marine equipment in the office of cargo company, then pack up and go into the sea. But I'll explain that history later.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #27
PetrB OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskahack View Post
Thought everything you put in this thread was great. I really like your front tire what size is it?

Lets get more videos
On the front, and on the back is Russian "Petroshina" L-96 3.75-19 - http://petroshina.ru/catalog.php?idd=16 But I do not really like this tires, as they tend to dig on a shaky ground.

Much more interesting, IMHO, mount to all wheels C-97 - http://petroshina.ru/catalog.php?idd=67
Old 01-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #28
PetrB OP
Adventurer

I'll tell you now, end of story. About six weeks we spent in the polar tundras, on the northern coast of Russia, moving on a catamaran to Naryan-Mar. More about this, I will not write, because it would be offtopic. Confine myself to a short video.

So, in August, we were returned in Arkhangelsk from the Arctic by the plane. And after some preparations have gone home. The first time our returning trip was no different from the way there. Even on the first night we was stayed in the same place, where there we were stay at the last time.

But then we decided to go a short way: instead of going through Pudozh, we decided to go straight to Vytegra through an abandoned section of the federal highway P1. In fact, according to the map, the difficult section would have been only about 20 miles. In fact, according to the map, the difficult section would have been only about 20 miles, but there are legendary around it. People tells about a horrible offroad, reigns that place. So, that's only more interesting for us, let's go!

Passed through Kargopol we found ourselves near a road sign, which states that after the village Solza is no road. But, who believes to a such road signs? In fact, that only means that the road is exists, but it will have to ride at your own risk.

We reached Solza very quickly via the smooth sandy road. And after the village, we saw a border sign of Arkhangelsk and Vologda regions. After this sign, the road are narrows and turning into a small country road.

Then there were the deep puddles, holes and bumps. However, we was rode easily, and soon I saw, that all the terrible legends about this place are lying. However, sometimes we had to stop, and I went to see if we can overcome the next puddle or pit, but in general we have not seen there any "offroad" - it simply was a country road.

Sometimes, we carefully drove through a terrible deep truck-ruts, which I was afraid to fall down; we drove through the causeways, which were heaped in the creeks. Finally, the road back has improved and in the front was appeared village Prokshino. All of difficult is now behind us.

That night we got to Podporozhie, where we visited my wife's parents. Next, we did not go straight to St. Petersburg, but ride to Petrozavodsk, capital of Karelia. There we were visiting our grandma. After Petrozavodsk we moved along the northern shore of Lake Ladoga via Sortavala, and than we ride to our house, which is located in the northern part of the Leningrad region.

Thats all.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #29
Alaskahack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
Thumb

That is quite an adventure, keep the writings and videos comming.

Blog: alaskapeeks.blogspot.com

Retired and Riding
Alaskahack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #30
NitroMax
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskahack View Post
That is quite an adventure, keep the writings and videos comming.
Yes please
1200 cc Z1000 dragbike (1976)
300 cc MZ transporthack (1989) winterhack
900 cc BMW R 90/6 hack ( 1976) summerhack
750 cc BMW K 75 RT ( 1993 ) daily driver

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter ( Mark Twain )
NitroMax is offline   Reply With Quote