ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #16
mongox
ARRRRGH!!!

Oddometer: 2,487
Sorry I didn't get back to you. The XR had street dual sports on it for tires, I fiqured it would be pretty cold and icy and didn't think they would be appropriate. Also it was freakin cold at my place and I didn't feel like dealing with it. Glad you had a good time and thanks for the pics.

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music" unknown
mongox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #17
goldentaco OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongox View Post
Sorry I didn't get back to you. The XR had street dual sports on it for tires, I fiqured it would be pretty cold and icy and didn't think they would be appropriate. Also it was freakin cold at my place and I didn't feel like dealing with it. Glad you had a good time and thanks for the pics.

No problem.

You would have struggled with anything less than a knobby 50/50 tire. I have Shinko 244 front and TKC80 rear. That was just adequate for the muddy bits.

J
Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #18
Bike Guy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentaco View Post
No problem.

You would have struggled with anything less than a knobby 50/50 tire. I have Shinko 244 front and TKC80 rear. That was just adequate for the muddy bits.

J
has the closure changed at c/c ? i thought you could only ride the main c/c road through to new idri. camping and riding the trails or the ridges were off limits. just asking.....
Bike Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #19
goldentaco OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
No photos of new idra? hear that all the buildings are gone.. I may be persueded to take a spin through there soon!

Not much has changed in the last few years but here are sone from 2010

Bienvenidos!

This isn't there anymore but it's to the left the old processing building.

Since it was in use up into the 60's or 70's it doesn't look interesting in the way Bodie does from a construction standpoint but up until last year when someone moved in on a plot of land just up the hill from the town, it did feel eerie being there by yourself...in "the hills have eyes" sort of way.

J
Old 01-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #20
slowerthanu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike Guy View Post
has the closure changed at c/c ? i thought you could only ride the main c/c road through to new idri. camping and riding the trails or the ridges were off limits. just asking.....
yes you can excercise your right to legally ride the county (controlled) road through clear creek.
husaberg fe570 plated
slowerthanu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #21
goldentaco OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike Guy View Post
Yes Clear Creek Rd as it appears on Google maps is R1 through Clear Creek I think and is a county road.
R11 goes South from the intersection of R1 and R11. R14 ( Aurora Cutoff) hits R11 also.

I believe R13 and T158 form a loop off R11 that allows you close to 45 or so miles you can ride legally in Clear Creek.

25 miles on Clear Creek Rd. 9 miles out on R11, and I think about a 10-15 mile loop via R13 and T158. I haven't ridden that loop yet. I'll find the link to the legal roads there.

J