Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
bill42
Old-School BMWs

Oddometer: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinboy View Post
The emulators will require some work to install properly.Your damper rods will have to be machined a bit and the fluid holes will require some modification .Race tech supplies the proper instructions or a competent shop can do it for you,The result is well worth the mods that you have to do. The action of the forks and the handling improvement is incredible. I made many adjustments to springs ,fluid weights,braces etc.but this modification transforms the front end from a lightly sprung touring fork to a planted front end. If you don't want to tackle the work send to dampers and springs to Ivan at Motorrad Unlimited in Asheville NC and he will do it quickly for you. They race airheads and won the AHRMA championship in their class in 2012. They know what it takes. Yes the mods alter the stock components but the results are such why would you ever want to go back to the original setup?
I didn't feel comfortable doing the conversion myself so I sent my forks to RaceTech and they sent them back to me in about a week- the conversion being done by the guy who designed most of their products- Matt Wiley.

It is true that they don't seem to always answer emails quickly, but they do return phone calls right away. I figured out they are simply "phone" people.
1958 BMW R50 aka: A BMW Motorcycle Story (link)
bill42 is offline   Reply With Quote