ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #31
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Duke View Post
I gotta say I am gettin so F#cking sick of having to write letters to try to save the way of life I enjoy. I have to have written close to 200 letters in the past few months for both riding and shooting.
I'm so F'ng tired of others trying to take things away from me.
I tried to start a 3rd political party 20 years ago.

FOLMA

(F-Off & Leave Me Alone!!!)

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #32
Raul Duke
DROC

Oddometer: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsickle View Post
i tried to start a 3rd political party 20 years ago.

Folma

(f-off & leave me alone!!!)
i'm in!
COHVCO
TPA
Raul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #33
pwrtrippin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
me too. looks like party headquarters will be in Woodland Park.

There is nothing manly about tassels.
pwrtrippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #34
wzd1a
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,318
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...o-Guns-For-You

Six gun companies have announced plans to stop selling any of their products to any government agency in states that severely limit the rights of private gun ownership.

The announcements read:
Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.
Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.
In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York - henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.
The Federal Government and several states have enacted gun control laws that restrict the public from owning and possessing certain types of firearms. Law-enforcement agencies are typically exempt from these restrictions. EFI, LLC does not recognize law-enforcement exemptions to local, state, and federal gun control laws. If a product that we manufacture is not legal for a private citizen to own in a jurisdiction, we will not sell that product to a law-enforcement agency in that jurisdiction.
We will not sell arms to agents of the state of New York that hold themselves to be "more equal" than their citizens.

As long as the legislators of New York think they have the power to limit the rights of their citizens, in defiance of the Constitution, we at Templar will not sell them firearms to enforce their edicts.

Templar Custom is announcing that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee will no longer be served as customers.
Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York. We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York. As a result we have halted sales of rifles, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, and silencers to New York governmental agencies.
Recently, companies such as LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms have announced that they will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states that deny the right to own those items to civilians. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt’s policy to not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and/or agents in states, counties, cities, and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We support and encourage other companies that share in this policy.
wzd1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #35
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by wzd1a View Post
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...o-Guns-For-You

Six gun companies have announced plans to stop selling any of their products to any government agency in states that severely limit the rights of private gun ownership.

The announcements read:
Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.
Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.
In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York - henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.
The Federal Government and several states have enacted gun control laws that restrict the public from owning and possessing certain types of firearms. Law-enforcement agencies are typically exempt from these restrictions. EFI, LLC does not recognize law-enforcement exemptions to local, state, and federal gun control laws. If a product that we manufacture is not legal for a private citizen to own in a jurisdiction, we will not sell that product to a law-enforcement agency in that jurisdiction.
We will not sell arms to agents of the state of New York that hold themselves to be "more equal" than their citizens.

As long as the legislators of New York think they have the power to limit the rights of their citizens, in defiance of the Constitution, we at Templar will not sell them firearms to enforce their edicts.

Templar Custom is announcing that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee will no longer be served as customers.
Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York. We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York. As a result we have halted sales of rifles, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, and silencers to New York governmental agencies.
Recently, companies such as LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms have announced that they will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states that deny the right to own those items to civilians. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt’s policy to not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and/or agents in states, counties, cities, and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We support and encourage other companies that share in this policy.
This is great news.

Fatfingering on tapatalk with my groovy iphone of doom.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #36
atokad
wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer: 2,454
Quote:
Not to make this all political 'n shit, but just in case anyone here would like to contact the CO Representatives today about HB1224...

Here is a complete list of the of the names and number of people who
need to be contacted TODAY:

Colorado State House of Representatives - Democrats (37 total)

To send a Fax, all Reps use a commom/shared Fax #: 303-866-2218
I wonder how they would respond to this? http://sensiblelegislationnow.wordpr.../2013/02/16/2/
Old 02-17-2013, 05:55 AM   #37
Bighead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
I tried to start a 3rd political party 20 years ago.

FOLMA

(F-Off & Leave Me Alone!!!)

I would like to sign up for your newsletter.

Strong like ox...smart like tractor.
Bighead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #38
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,089
Magpul put a full page ad in today's newspaper.

Fatfingering on tapatalk with my groovy iphone of doom.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #39
wzd1a
Beastly Adventurer

A very positive drum beat continues: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...eah-lots-more/

No matter what ArmaLite’s stance may be, there are many new additions to our initial list published late last week.. Joining the expanding group are:Bullwater, which does business as A&T Firearms, posted a statement on Facebook
Our small company, Bullwater Enterprises LLC dba A & T Firearms out of Sylvania, Georgia is also joining these companies in refusing to do business with any state that is trampling the constitution and Bill of Rights of their citizens. We will not sell anything to any governmental agency, their contractors or employees. We will sell all lawful items to all other citizens of those states. Andrew & Tracy Orphanoudakis.

West Fork Armory also chose the social media outlet for making a statement, and did so with a very clear graphic atop their post.
Image: Facebook

Their message:
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY! All New York Government and official purchases from New York Law Enforcement agencies within that state are cancelled. All future sales will be suspended and firearm servicing is halted until your current bans further restricting law abiding citizens is lifted.
West Fork also named a couple of other states besides New York, while encouraging other companies to join them:
California you’re already on the list, and Colorado your borderline on the list. We suggest all other manufacturers and dealers do the same.
Arizona’s Smith Enterprise posted a letter to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on its website. It shared some of the same sentiments as those who had joined the protest:
Until your state changes your gun control laws and ensures these laws are back in line with the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution, Smith Enterprise will be forced to keep this policy.
At a time when crime is rampant and people are becoming more and more desperate due to the struggling economy, it is imperative that state and local governments support the people’s right to defend themselves from would-be attackers. The police have nothing to fear from law-abiding citizens with guns.
When you change your gun laws back to something more along the lines of what our country was founded on, please let me know and we will reopen our sales in your state to government agencies.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #40
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrtrippin View Post
me too. looks like party headquarters will be in Woodland Park.
Sorry, to get to Woodland Park you visit Colorado Springs and take a hard right. Folks that protest military funerals with anti-gay pickets are not FOLMA material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
This is great news.
I have to wonder, if all these US companies refuse to sell to government agencies, will those agencies simply go to Chinese suppliers?

Old 02-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #41
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 6,969
Barrett just joined the fray.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #42
wzd1a
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
Barrett just joined the fray.
A running list can be found here: http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/
Old 02-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #43
Raul Duke
DROC

Quote:
Sorry, to get to Woodland Park you visit Colorado Springs and take a hard right. Folks that protest military funerals with anti-gay pickets are not FOLMA material.
WTF? Am I missing something? Im pretty sure those sick fuckers that do the picketing are from out of state (Westboro Baptist Church I think?). COS happens to be the place where many of the ceremonies are due to Ft. Carson. Now, if those sick fuckers set up camp in COS, please tell me so I can help run them out of town.
COHVCO
TPA

Raul Duke screwed with this post 02-21-2013 at 12:11 PM
Old 02-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #44
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Quote:
WTF? Am I missing something? Im pretty sure those sick fuckers that do the picketing are from out of state (Westboro Baptist Church I think?). COS happens to be the place where many of the ceremonies are due to Ft. Carson. Now, if those sick fuckers set up camp in COS, please tell me so I can help run them out of town.
It may not have been specifically anti-gay, but when I was there last November, there were religious picketers marching down the sidewalk. They are also setting up a new bible college. Extreme religious dogma and FOLMA don't go together.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #45
Raul Duke
DROC

Quote:
It may not have been specifically anti-gay, but when I was there last November, there were religious picketers marching down the sidewalk. They are also setting up a new bible college. Extreme religious dogma and FOLMA don't go together.
Now if you are talking about the Southern Baptists that show up in Woodland Park from time to time, and do their whole “Jesus Saves” thing, that is WAY F’ing different than Westboro picketing a military funeral with the “gay/fag” reference. Besides being a huge supporter of the 2A, I am also a huge supporter of 1A… (as well as the rest of the Constitution and Bill of Rights). To each their own. I would have thought that would have been a premise of FOLMA. I guess not.
COHVCO
TPA