Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #211
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
2013 Touratech Rally

Rode the first two north-bound sections of the WABDR on the way to the Touratech-USA Rally last weekend.

Carson to Packwood and Packwood to Ellensburg - all clear, no reroutes needed.

Expect a few patches of snow on the first section and about 10 miles of rutted muddy dirt road on the second section. Great variety of terrain, road surfaces and scenery!

See that broken limb behind my bike? Jousted my handlebar end, pitching me off the bike high-side going about 30 MPH - be VERY cautious with overhanging branches!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #212
Gale B.T.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,423
Beautiful country and awesome sights. Sure glad you are able to continue on after that get off Harold, that could have been serious.

Ride safe and ride smart out there.

I have some updates coming but sad to say the Papoose fire is moving towards Lake City , American Basin and the Alpine Loop road. Not good but plan B may just kick in.

gale
Old 07-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #213
vicvegas
eager beaver

Oddometer: 187
Hey guys, i'm wondering if there is a adv discount for GL gear?
Old 07-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #214
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

ADV Inmates - Use this code for a free hat or t-shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvegas View Post
Hey guys, i'm wondering if there is a adv discount for GL gear?
No, we do not discount because we do not want to compete with our own dealers. BUT . . .

Add a Giant Loop "Skull & Sunset" t-shirt, a Giant Loop "Ride while you can" t-shirt or a Giant Loop Cap to your order, then use these promo codes when you check out on our shopping cart for your choice of a free t-shirt or cap:

GLT cap
GLT skull
GLT ride

Enjoy life behind bars, fellow inmates!
Old 07-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #215
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale B.T. View Post
Beautiful country and awesome sights. Sure glad you are able to continue on after that get off Harold, that could have been serious.

Ride safe and ride smart out there.

I have some updates coming but sad to say the Papoose fire is moving towards Lake City , American Basin and the Alpine Loop road. Not good but plan B may just kick in.

gale
Hi Gale - So sorry about the fire. I hope you and yours are safe from harm's way. What's "Plan B"?
Old 07-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #216
Gale B.T.
Beastly Adventurer

Plan B is as follows: Wifee has a class to teach on July 13th here , I have plans to be at HU , Terry Gross Park, at the base of Guanella Pass in Grant.

I have my gear and Fort Rock packed , strapped down with Pronghorn straps and the 640 all jumping to go.

Any chance there will be any Giant Loop folks there?

If any of you are going to attend I need to ask a favor, one female end to the buckles on Dry Pods bags. For the life of me I cannot find a match locally.

I will let you know if I can get a famous friend of my to join me.

keep smiling gale
Old 07-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #217
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,088
Hope the rest of you inmates had an excellent Independence Day celebration, like I did!
I have been riding my sweet GF's Triumph 500 scrambler and she has been familiarizing herself on the bike's handling characteristics. Her Diablo is a perfect fit on the tank and she doesn't even know it is there when she does her drills. I had my Coyote strapped to the back of the Triumph, instead of the Siskiyous she had first picked. It strapped far enough on the back that she still could use the whole seat, something she liked. Pics soon...

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 07-06-2013 at 05:17 PM
Old 07-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #218
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Big News!! Japanese study finds motorcycling increases brain function!
I am happy to announce that riding makes the brain work better. No wonder we feel all sharp when lighting the camp fire after a spirited days ride...

Read more about it in MotoCrossActionmag dot com:
http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Ma...scov-5756.aspx
Old 07-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #219
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Giant Loop rider Tosh from San Fran stopped by the shop today on his way back from riding a WR250R with a Great Basin, to Alaska, visiting Fairbanks, Prudhoe Bay and Inuvik, NWT. He bought the bike and bag, especially for this trip, breaking it in on the 8000 mile ride. They both had served him well over those miles and he had some valuable feedback about the kit. He mentioned the weather was good and, while stopping at Advcycleworks.com in Fairbanks to get fresh K60's for the way home, it was very hot and felt like 100*f outside. He enjoyed the Dempster better than the Haul Road, as it was more scenic. I was especially excited that he had taken the side tour to Tuktoyaktak, NWT, where he reached the Arctic Sea and took a plunge. "Not a very long one, it was cold" he said. Nice ride, I said. Of course, I couldn't let him out of town without sending him to McMenamin's, for a scenic pub lunch. Great Meeting ya Tosh!

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 07-10-2013 at 11:16 AM Reason: added pic
Old 07-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #220
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Zigzag Handlebar Bag in Dirt Bike Magazine

Thanks Dirt Bike magazine for including Giant Loop's Zigzag Handlebar Bag in the August 2013 issue's "Adventure - The Goods" gear roundup!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #221
Gale B.T.
Beastly Adventurer

-----
Here is a pic just before leaving to the HU rally at Grant , CO.
I rode the 230 miles in rain, hail, rain,sleet, hail, and once there it rained almost all night on the tents/bikes, etc.

That Fort Rock bag did not leak, I did not find a single drop of moisture during the trip or once I got home and I also rode half the distance in the rain coming home. I had no cover for the bag so this is a great example of how well this bag is designed for light , fast , secure bike traveling. :)
I got to share the bag and it's qualities with several at the rally and all were impressed.

Our next planned trip is the double up ride to American Basin for that fire is almost totally under control and we will be allowed to travel into the area. I also plan to use the bike/bag at the New Mexico Land of Enchantment rally at Sipapu, NW in early September.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #222
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale B.T. View Post
-----
Here is a pic just before leaving to the HU rally at Grant , CO.
I rode the 230 miles in rain, hail, rain,sleet, hail, and once there it rained almost all night on the tents/bikes, etc.

That Fort Rock bag did not leak, I did not find a single drop of moisture during the trip or once I got home and I also rode half the distance in the rain coming home. I had no cover for the bag so this is a great example of how well this bag is designed for light , fast , secure bike traveling. :)
I got to share the bag and it's qualities with several at the rally and all were impressed.
Thanks Gale! Glad to hear you're logging some miles in some beautiful country. Did you seam seal your Fort Rock? Or has it been that water resistant with no treatment?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #223
Gale B.T.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafofOregon View Post
Thanks Gale! Glad to hear you're logging some miles in some beautiful country. Did you seam seal your Fort Rock? Or has it been that water resistant with no treatment?
NO seam seal/no treatment until I find water. I wanted to test the Fort Rock as it came to me . I looked over the workmanship and compared it to the u bag we have logged so many k of miles . I was very very impressed so I wished to test " as it" . The wall of water I rode through before Fairplay and the steady rain all evening was to my experience a very good test.

I have to admit , I was amazed ( and also super impressed and thankful) that I found no drops of water or condensate. I will not use any treatment until I am forced to do so with a leak.

A great bag this Fort Rock!!. I did have my clothes in the DRY PODs in those soft droopy panniers which naturally also stayed dry

Big THANKS to GIANT LOOP!
Old 07-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #224
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Headed to the Salem Oregon for the BMWMOA national rally. Now that I got her fuel pump points replaced, I'll be riding Big Bertha. Dustin and Harold drove over yesterday and are set up to show. Come on by and check out the Giant Loop luggage, chat up the gear and hang out! Hope to see some of the inmates there.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #225
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

The BMWMOA rally was a blast! We met lots of new riders and outfitted a bunch of them with new GL bags for their motorcycles. One fellow had ridden from Nebraska on his new GS WaterBoxer, fully outfitted with Siskiyous Panniers, Diablo tank bag and a Zigzag Handlebar bag. His new GS looked the business and the Giant Loop soft luggage kept his cargo light and flexible. He was really pleased with how easy the bags were to install and remove, leaving no frames on the bike. Pics later...
Closed Thread