Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #241
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Swamp's Enduro Earth: Riding South, Chapter One

Have you checked out swamp's Enduro Earth report on his Latin American adventure, "RIDING SOUTH, CHAPTER ONE: MEXISTAN & CENTRAL BUNGHOLE"?

Great details and pics, including packing, tools and supplies lists - and as you might guess from the title, it's pretty entertaining, too.

OlafofOregon screwed with this post 08-08-2013 at 03:36 PM Reason: typo
Old 08-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #242
swamp
U lie&yo'breff stank

Oddometer: 1,798
Thumb little deploy-able tool bag thingy...

here is a shot of your (i dont know what you call it) "deployable tool bag?" in action in Borneo. it was nice to have all my tools in a little, easily accessible, removable bag. I had the Mojavi bag with the "fixed" tool pouch before this one and have to say that the new model is greatly improved.

i've also found that that "little removable bag" can be used as a kind of enduro above-the-headlight-bag. if you remove the windscreen from the BMW Sertao, the bag lashes strong-like onto the two remaining wind screen support brackets.

cheers

you can see it above the headlight on my bike in this picture. im able to fit something like six protein bars, a small can of chain lube and around ten (regular size) condoms it. . and its waterproof.

.... so when are you going to make a fender bag that can accommodate those tire irons with the red handle on them hmmmm?

off the grid and deep in the woods

swamp screwed with this post 08-08-2013 at 07:39 PM
Old 08-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #243
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Beta's Distributor in Poland Tours Montenegro

Beta Polska's Andrzej tours Montenegro with the Coyote Saddlebag and Coyote Dry Bag on his Beta dual sport.

MORE PICS HERE
Old 08-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #244
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

AimForTheHorizon.com - Honda XRV750 Africa Twin

Three riders from the UK set out to "Ride The World" a section at a time. All on Honda XRV750 Africa Twins and all kitted out with Giant Loop's Great Basin Saddlebag and Fandango Tank Bag.

Here's the first intro video documenting the their adventures:

Follow their adventures as they ride the world, a few weeks at a time.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #245
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

video: Tech Tip - Vinyl Protective Film

This short video illustrates why we recommend installing Vinyl Protective Film while your motorcycle is new and/or before you ride with Giant Loop's adventure motorcycle packing systems. One ride is really all it takes to buff the gloss coat off of painted surfaces - or to grind dust particles into the surface on plastics, as you see here on Giant Loop rider Jay's KTM 990 Adventure R. Go light. Go fast. Go far. And stay shiny.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #246
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,270
Top stuff From G/L

Great product guys ..I have used your bags for a few trips ,most 2 or 3 days .Loved the bag and whole system ,recently my son and myself rode 5,000 miles in 17 days in Australia's outback

The bags performed extremely well over the whole trip ,we strapped them on and filled them up ,both bags did not move over some pretty tuff country

I cart wheeled my bike going up a sand dune in the simpson desert,still the bag did not move

I have tried several different setups on my xr650r .Nothing works as well as this setup ......Thanks guys Your stuff rocks
Old 08-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #247
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
Great product guys ..I have used your bags for a few trips ,most 2 or 3 days .Loved the bag and whole system ,recently my son and myself rode 5,000 miles in 17 days in Australia's outback

The bags performed extremely well over the whole trip ,we strapped them on and filled them up ,both bags did not move over some pretty tuff country

I cart wheeled my bike going up a sand dune in the simpson desert,still the bag did not move

I have tried several different setups on my xr650r .Nothing works as well as this setup ......Thanks guys Your stuff rocks

Thanks for the support! Glad the bags are doing the job they were fit to do. Camping off bikes as father and son, is a dream of mine. Sounds like it was a treat.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #248
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafofOregon View Post

To give back to our motorcycling community and the many volunteers who help make racing and group riding events possible, Giant Loop produced a special limited edition MEDIC version of our top-selling MoJavi Saddlebag, with high-visibility yellow construction and graphics to immediately identify designated medical support riders. The MEDIC MoJavi Saddlebags are available free of charge to qualifying volunteers and event organizers.

Events of 50 or more riders qualify, as well as individual volunteers who work two or more events per year. Quantities are VERY limited, and saddlebags will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis to qualifying requests. Message us here to apply.

great idea. me like!

olaf, we can use one, the 2013 nOObs rALLy @ death valley as you know attracted over 200 riders. not happy to mention that we had 3-4 injuries requiring major surgeries. with that many noobs, what else could go wrong.

there will be a 2014 version and we expect the participation will be very good again.

couple of the javi's here; the xr400 on the right is mine. the perfect size for doing a day ride @ 140 miles, enough room for water, tubes, tools, misc. items and snacks.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #249
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
great idea. me like!

olaf, we can use one, the 2013 nOObs rALLy @ death valley as you know attracted over 200 riders. not happy to mention that we had 3-4 injuries requiring major surgeries. with that many noobs, what else could go wrong.

there will be a 2014 version and we expect the participation will be very good again.

couple of the javi's here; the xr400 on the right is mine. the perfect size for doing a day ride @ 140 miles, enough room for water, tubes, tools, misc. items and snacks.

Thanks for the support! We're get a list of medics together, so we can submit another run of the yellow MoJavi Saddlebags. I'll print this and put it in the folder. Cheers, Olaf
Old 08-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #250
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,636
Coyote review

Greetings guys,

I've been a fan and user of the GiantLoop Coyote since the first model brought out by Wachs and crew and then later upgraded models. I just did a comparison of the GL Coyote and Kriega Overlander 30 lter bags here for anyone that's interested:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22155800#post22155800

One of the most astonishing finds for me is that I believe the 30 liter stated capacity of the Coyote may be understated. I've got my packing system pretty dialed for multi week trips and found I could not get all my gear that was stuffed into the Coyote, loaded into the Kriega bags, though GL Coyote and Kriega Overlander 30 claim the same liter capacity. Something I believe GiantLoop may want to confirm.ipt>
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.

Flood screwed with this post 09-15-2013 at 08:10 AM Reason: malware removed.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #251
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Inmate Joe Motocross found the usefulness of Polystraps, an older design like our Pronghorn straps! Read all about his ride in his ride report!

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 08-26-2013 at 11:40 AM
Old 08-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #252
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
Greetings guys,

I've been a fan and user of the GiantLoop Coyote since the first model brought out by Wachs and crew and then later upgraded models. I just did a comparison of the GL Coyote and Kriega Overlander 30 lter bags here for anyone that's interested:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22155800#post22155800

One of the most astonishing finds for me is that I believe the 30 liter stated capacity of the Coyote may be understated. I've got my packing system pretty dialed for multi week trips and found I could not get all my gear that was stuffed into the Coyote, loaded into the Kriega bags, though GL Coyote and Kriega Overlander 30 claim the same liter capacity. Something I believe GiantLoop may want to confirm.

Cool write up TFB! I am curious if our 30l measurement is understated or if the Coyote's design makes the difference. I like how the Coyote shows its ability to accommodate large items with it's single envelope design vs. the luggage with multiple containers for the same capacity. Each has their place and benefit.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #253
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ride Report: Impromptu Central Oregon Overnighter. Destination: Unknown.

Posted up a little ride report about my little weekend adventure.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #254
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Siskiyou Panniers on KTM 990 Adventure

Thanks Mark at Sierra Nevada Adventures for the beautiful pic of the Siskiyou Panniers on your KTM 990 Adventure!
Old 08-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #255
tmotten
Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhawk jockey View Post
Cool write up TFB! I am curious if our 30l measurement is understated or if the Coyote's design makes the difference. I like how the Coyote shows its ability to accommodate large items with it's single envelope design vs. the luggage with multiple containers for the same capacity. Each has their place and benefit.
Easily checked. Take it to the desert, fill it with sand, tip the sand in buckets and report back.
Closed Thread