User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #286
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
"let's see a picture of your camping setup and how it all fits on your bike...please"

Many great examples of Giant Loop riders sharing their camping kit in the "let's see a picture of your camping setup and how it all fits on your bike... please" thread! Post up and share your packing list - we need help some of these riders discover the joys of the "go light, go fast, go far" approach!

More of this bike here.

More of this bike here.

More of this bike here.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #287
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,097
While Olaf and I were in Colorado sipping Orange Koolaid, Giant Loop riders Whitney, Tracy, Chet and Alex were riding the Touratech WABDR ride. Looks like plenty of fun campin', ridin' 'n swillin'!

Whitney has a nice camping setup:

The Dirty Girls' bikes

Chet, Alex and Whitney's back...

Better watch it in this crowd!

Hanging with the locals:
Old 10-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #288
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,079
Love my bags.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Old 10-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #289
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Love my bags.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Love it! I think you could get another couple bundles of firewood on there easy. Thanks for the pic!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #290
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Meanwhile in Africa . . .

Some of our earliest customers were a group dual sport riders living and working in Tanzania. We really enjoy hearing from them and getting occasional updates on their adventures - great ride reports and pics right!

Full report and heaps more pics here: Dar Bikers in Western Tanzania, AKA the "Lound of Rakes Tlip, 2013"

Full report and heaps more pics here: Tomato and Biltong Soup: The Kilombero Valley Bush, Bikes and Rivers Safari

Full report and heaps more pics here: Mount Kilimanjaro Loop: An Easter Feast of Mud, Rain and African Terrain
Old 10-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #291
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafofOregon View Post
Love it! I think you could get another couple bundles of firewood on there easy. Thanks for the pic!
Oh easily!! Had a bag of ice and a 12 pack of beer in them the next day. Bottles of course.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #292
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

10,000 KM in Australia's Outback

Great email from Giant Loop rider Jack from Perth, Australia:

Hey fellas,

Just got back from a 10,000km solo trip from Western Australia thru the Great Victoria Desert to Uluru (Ayres Rock), down the Oodnadatta & Strezleki Tracks to Tibooburra, then to Albury & up to the New South Wales Snowy mountains, Victorian high country & back to WA, about 10000Km, all on my KTM950 Adventure, equipped with your Siskiyou Panniers & Diablo Tank Bag.

I gotta say, I gave the panniers a floggin’ & they’re still hangin’ in there, cos very early in the trip, I lost the 2 heat shields & the muffler burnt a hole in the right bag & the dry bag as well, but whilst in Kalgoorlie, I managed to patch em up with some hundred mile an hour tape & with some rough bush craft, new hose clamps & some aluminium angle, I fashioned a new heat shield, I was back on the trail in no time flat. Just wished I’d paid as much attention to securing the original heat shields as did doing the patch up job !!!! *Lesson learnt : Lock wire your hose clamps so they can’t come loose.

So, all was going very well till about 50Km west of Tibooburra, NSW, I had a very close call with an Emu ( like an Ostrich), fortunately not knocking me off, but as I glanced it, the left pannier took the full brunt breaking the plastic D ring, but amazingly not the webbing off the lower front side strap that goes onto the footpeg mount assembly. All at about 120Kmh, I didn’t have time to shit myself it happened that quick.

Anyway, *all in all the bags worked great for me & were easily big enough to carry all I needed & did everything I asked of them & more, right from the desert to the snowy mountains & back. Great product fellas, they’re as tough as guts.

Jack

Perth, Western Australia

Old 10-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #293
mr.jadkowski
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Any pictures of a Fandago or Diablo on a first-gen DL650? I'd like to buy one but I want to see how it sits on the tank first. Will the fuel cap be accessable with the bag zipped off?
Old 10-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #294
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

I am looking for pics of a Wee-strom with a tank bag for you. The fuel cap should be visible/accessible in the harness cutout, when the bag is half zipped off. Let me find those pics and I will post them here!
Here is a pic of an original edition Fandango on a DL1000 and this link is of a write up with that same design on a DL1000. The current design has the same foot print, just with a larger fuel cap cut-out in the harness.

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 10-07-2013 at 04:20 PM
Old 10-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #295
mr.jadkowski
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Looks good, I'm just looking for something large enough to put a hydration bladder inside and a map on the top. Are you offering any deals for inmates?
Old 10-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #296
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.jadkowski View Post
Looks good, I'm just looking for something large enough to put a hydration bladder inside and a map on the top. Are you offering any deals for inmates?
We refer as much business to our dealers as possible, so we don't have a program for inmates. Check with Acme Rider Supply, 678-503-5600, to see what they are offering. Andrew is good people and will get you taken care of!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #297
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.jadkowski View Post
We try not to compete with our dealers. Some of them offer various deals, though. Here's the list.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #298
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Yeah, I meant what he said ^^^

We were sent a link to a great video, about a couple camping off small bikes, with GL motorcycle packing systems. I must share it here!

Old 10-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #299
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Best message ever!

"Hey Guys

4 years ago you guys at giant loop auctioned off a bag and donated the money to me after I was injured filming at the races.

On the 4 year anniversary of that accident, a few friends and I took off on a 6 day ride on the WABDR after we ordered some of your gear for the trip.

On the last night of the trip I did a little camp scene setup and took some nice pics for you as a way to say thanks.

Thanks again for stepping up and helping me and my family out while I was out injured.

You guys make a great product, and it worked flawless on this epic adventure.

Dave"

David Schelske Photography

OlafofOregon screwed with this post 10-10-2013 at 12:57 PM Reason: added link to http://davidschelske.com/
Old 10-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #300
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Just got an email from SicVic13 about his 1500 mile run on the Tour of Idaho. He spent four days on the ride and packed only his Mojavi for the single track adventure. Can you say recycled socks?

"
...nothing that has not been said several hundred times...

This time Giant Loop helped me knock out the Tour of Idaho T1. A 1500 mile fun ride across the State.
The MoJavi carried everything I needed for the four day solo journey.

Don't think for a minute that when you strap these fine bags on your single track slaying machine it automatically becomes a nightmare in the tech stuff. The designs fit perfect, and stay there. That said; I no longer remove mine no matter what type of ride is planned.
Always ready for the next challenge!

Proper craftsmanship and top shelf product support.

Well done GL

SicVic"

Closed Thread