ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #301
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper
 
snowhawk jockey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon
Oddometer: 1,075
Saw that Tiffany Coates had another run-in with the local tire repairman in Madagascar...
Got a pile of Giant Loop sitting there and a sneaky peek for ya'll!

snowhawk jockey is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #302
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper
 
snowhawk jockey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon
Oddometer: 1,075
Some cool pics From the AIME expo where Olaf and DC of GL are packing it in to come home...


Our friends BajaDiego and Kyle of BajaDesigns showing off their techno-rrific LED lighting systems:



The guys at FMF have quite the booth as well!

snowhawk jockey is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #303
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OlafofOregon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Bend, Oregon, USA
Oddometer: 259
MotoCorsa's Ducati 1199 TerraCorsa with Great Basin Saddlebag



Full story here at RideApart!
OlafofOregon is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #304
xr6
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 27
MoJavi for the XR650R?

Hi,

I have three questions regarding the Mojavi. Two specific for the XRR:

1. Will the bag cover the holes in the side panel (cut up by most XRR owners) ?
If it does i might need to adjust the carb each time I use the bags,

2. Will it work with my Pro Moto Billet "Rack-it" rear rack? Haven't seen any pictures of this.

...and one more general question:

3. Will a motorcycle jacket fit in one of the side pockets? I always use a safety jacket for the larger roads, but need to put it away for when arriving at the trails.

xr6 screwed with this post 10-28-2013 at 11:26 AM Reason: one more question added :)
xr6 is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #305
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper
 
snowhawk jockey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon
Oddometer: 1,075
Thanks for the Q's, xr6!

I have taken a photo of our XRR wearing a Mojavi, showing the airbox cover/side panel.

Our bike doesn't have a rack, so the bag sits closer to the seat than if it were mounted on your PMB Rack-it. I'll double check for pics of a Mojavi on a Rack-it and post them up

Which Motorcycle safety jacket do you use? I couldn't get a Rev-it jacket with full armor to fold small enough to fit into the side pocket. It would roll up enough to strap on the top of the Mojavi, but not fit in the side pocket.


HTH!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6 View Post
Hi,

I have three questions regarding the Mojavi. Two specific for the XRR:

1. Will the bag cover the holes in the side panel (cut up by most XRR owners) ?
If it does i might need to adjust the carb each time I use the bags,

2. Will it work with my Pro Moto Billet "Rack-it" rear rack? Haven't seen any pictures of this.

...and one more general question:

3. Will a motorcycle jacket fit in one of the side pockets? I always use a safety jacket for the larger roads, but need to put it away for when arriving at the trails.
snowhawk jockey is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #306
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OlafofOregon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Bend, Oregon, USA
Oddometer: 259
Last mountain ride of the season

Great ride yesterday with Eric Lange of Ride Adventures! He hadn't ridden a proper dirt bike for a couple years, normally on his BMW R1200GS, so we loaned him GL's Honda XR650R. You never would have guessed Eric doesn't ride a dirt bike much, 'cause he flowed through everything I could throw at him (I as on the cheater orange bike!). Primo single track to snowy double track, to a couple miles on 3-4" of snow on our way to Three Creek Lake, elevation 6,500 feet. Probably won't be able to do this ride again until late next spring. Ride while you can!
OlafofOregon is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #307
xr6
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 27
Thx for the reply!

Looks on the photo that its going to be ok with the holes in the side panel. Would be great if you could find and post some pictures with the rack! Greatly appreciated!

As for the jacket it is a courdura jacket (Lindstands) without protection, I use a separate scotts protector vest with back, shoulders and elbow protection.
Think it would fit?



Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhawk jockey View Post
Thanks for the Q's, xr6!

I have taken a photo of our XRR wearing a Mojavi, showing the airbox cover/side panel.

Our bike doesn't have a rack, so the bag sits closer to the seat than if it were mounted on your PMB Rack-it. I'll double check for pics of a Mojavi on a Rack-it and post them up

Which Motorcycle safety jacket do you use? I couldn't get a Rev-it jacket with full armor to fold small enough to fit into the side pocket. It would roll up enough to strap on the top of the Mojavi, but not fit in the side pocket.
xr6 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #308
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper
 
snowhawk jockey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon
Oddometer: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6 View Post
Thx for the reply!

Looks on the photo that its going to be ok with the holes in the side panel. Would be great if you could find and post some pictures with the rack! Greatly appreciated!

As for the jacket it is a courdura jacket (Lindstands) without protection, I use a separate scotts protector vest with back, shoulders and elbow protection.
Think it would fit?
I checked the Blog and found a post on the XRR with a PMB Rack-it and a Coyote. The Coyote and Mojavi have the same mounting harness and foot print. The Mojavi includes a length of webbing, to use in place of the fender hooks, for mounting to bikes with tail racks. The pic with the bag mounted isn't very clear, but gives the idea of capatibility.
http://giantloopmoto.blogspot.com/20....html?q=xr650r

Here is a pic of Scotty Breauxman's bike for general reference ;-)
snowhawk jockey is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #309
xr6
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhawk jockey View Post
I checked the Blog and found a post on the XRR with a PMB Rack-it and a Coyote. The Coyote and Mojavi have the same mounting harness and foot print. The Mojavi includes a length of webbing, to use in place of the fender hooks, for mounting to bikes with tail racks. The

Thx but i think you might have copied the wrong url, the picutre in the link shows the "buck'n roll" not the Coyote or the Mojavi.

Another question: do I need the GL heat shield for Mojavi on the BRP?
xr6 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #310
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer
 
hyperboarder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Meridian, ID
Oddometer: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6 View Post
Thx but i think you might have copied the wrong url, the picutre in the link shows the "buck'n roll" not the Coyote or the Mojavi.

Another question: do I need the GL heat shield for Mojavi on the BRP?
I think he was referring to this pic:

__________________
Current: 08 Yamaha WR250R, 05 Suzuki DL1000, 92 Ford E250 Motohauler
Gone but not forgotten: 2008 KLR650, 2000 GSXR1000, 1999 ZX6R, 2000 GSXF600, 2004 Ural Tourist, 99 Suzuki DR650

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #311
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper
 
snowhawk jockey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon
Oddometer: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6 View Post
Thx but i think you might have copied the wrong url, the picutre in the link shows the "buck'n roll" not the Coyote or the Mojavi.

Another question: do I need the GL heat shield for Mojavi on the BRP?
Thanks Hyper for getting that pic posted for me!
xr6, I tried to put up the pic and got the thumbnail, so grabbed the link instead, sorry for the confusion. To answer the last question about your jacket, I could stuff this unarmored, KTM cordura jacket, or a KLIM Inversion into the side pocket.

snowhawk jockey is offline  
Old 11-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #312
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OlafofOregon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Bend, Oregon, USA
Oddometer: 259
Giant Loop 2014 Catalog: Andre Corpuz

The 2014 Giant Loop catalog features riders - many of them ADV inmates - on adventures around the world. Here's the first one: Andre Corpuz in Death Valley with the Moto Americana: Deserts crew.
OlafofOregon is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #313
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OlafofOregon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Bend, Oregon, USA
Oddometer: 259
Giant Loop 2014 Catalog: Lukas Matzinger

The 2014 Giant Loop catalog features riders on adventures around the world - many of them ADV inmates. Here's Jenny Dakar's photo of Lukas Matzinger (Husaberg Adventure Team) racing in Tunisia's Tuareg Rallye. Check out his comments!
OlafofOregon is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #314
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OlafofOregon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Bend, Oregon, USA
Oddometer: 259
2014 Giant Loop Catalog: David Schelske on WABDR

The 2014 Giant Loop catalog features riders on adventures around the world. Here's photographer David Schelske on the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route - full camping gear packed in the Coyote Saddlebag isn't slowing him down!

OlafofOregon screwed with this post 11-04-2013 at 12:21 AM Reason: fixed photo link
OlafofOregon is offline  
Old 11-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #315
NotAllWhoWanderRLost
Lost
 
NotAllWhoWanderRLost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Bend, Oregon
Oddometer: 417
GL at EICMA13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNeville View Post
We met fellow ADVriders too, Harold and Justin (That was the best part :), they gave us cool T-shirts -thanks guys! )


So again to see all 130 photos, visit http://bit.ly/eicma2013myphotos
Hope we get to see more photos from the show.
NotAllWhoWanderRLost is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014