Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #316
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
2013 EICMA - European Women's Enduro Champ

We met a lot of super cool people at EICMA this year, including Cristina Morrocco, European Women's Enduro Champion and Team Italy rider at the ISDE world championship! In this photo with Morrocco is Marco Grangetto, team mechanic for Boano Racing. Grangetto worked in Giant Loop's stand on the consumer days at EICMA, the best Italian ambassador possible.

Cristina Morrocco in action on her 125!

OlafofOregon screwed with this post 11-18-2013 at 01:30 PM Reason: added link to Boano
Old 11-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #317
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAllWhoWanderRLost View Post
Hope we get to see more photos from the show.
I finally got my camera uploaded to my online host, so more pics will be coming! Looks like HOC got one posted of the Italian Moto-starlet, Cristina Morrocco, that kept us company. It was sooo cool, getting to know Cristina and Marco! They are both racers at heart and it showed, especially in the professional way Marco worked the booth.

Edit to add: Pic of Beta Rally that Marco built for 2014 Dakar!!

Old 11-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #318
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

As the season winds into the cold months, I am noticing the distinct lack of heated grips on my bike. I am counting my lucky stars to have Bushwackers Hand Guard flairs to slap on for the cold stretches. My first real experience with them was a few weeks ago, when I took a run over the mountains, to McCall, ID. It was a relief to discover that they ride solid at speed and kept the wind off my hands. They were quick on and off, once I got the straps threaded through the slots that best fit to my controls.

Ride while you can!

Old 11-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #319
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Eric Wright and Rory Sullivan of 405 Moto Sales Inc. have just been appointed sales reps for the Northwest. Read more in our press release!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 18, 2013

MEDIA CONTACT: Harold Olaf Cecil, harold@giantloopmoto.com, 971-832-3164

Giant Loop Appoints 405 Moto Sales Inc. As Independent Sales Representative For Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Alaska

(BEND, OR, USA) Adventure-proof packing systems innovator Giant Loop has appointed 405 Moto Sales Inc. as its independent sales representative for Oregon, Washington, northern Idaho and Alaska. Headed by motorcyclists Eric Wright and Rory Sullivan, 405 Moto Sales represents other top motorcycle brands, such as Bell Powersports, Smith Optics, Novik Gloves, Virus Base Layer, Slick Products and Puma Motorsports.

Wright is an off-road motorcycle enthusiast with nearly a decade of motorcycle industry experience, and Sullivan is one of the top off-road, motocross and endurocross motorcycle racers in the Pacific Northwest, as well as a multiple ISDE medal winner.

To schedule a Giant Loop product line dealer clinic, contact Eric Wright, 405 Moto Sales, 206-390-8396.

Giant Loop’s adventure-proof motorcycle gear packing systems are available from select international distributors, as well as from a network of premium dealers throughout the USA. Giant Loop designs and tests products in Bend, Oregon and manufactures everything in the USA (except for the Canadian made Pronghorn Straps). For all the details, go to www.giantloopmoto.com.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #320
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Are there owners of the new Rogue or Tillamook drybags with pics of the bag mounted on their bike? I am curious to see what riders are doing with them and how the bags are working. I have enjoyed the pics coming in from Tiffany Coates, on her Madagascar ride, but havent seen many of other bikes/riders with the new drybag mounted and in action.

Post 'em if ya got 'em!

Token showroom shot...

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 11-21-2013 at 03:00 PM
Old 11-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #321
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Rally bikes, rally bikes and even rallye bikes at EICMA!

Why? Because they're so freakin' cool!

Boano Beta 450 Adventure Light

Boano Honda Africa Twin XRV750

Touratech BMW R1200GS Rallye - and its designer Bart van den Bogaard

Tacita T-Race Electric Rally Bike

Boano Beta Factory Dakar Rally Bike

Another one . . .

And what might have been . . .

And what may be . . .

2014 KTM Dakar Rally Bike

I'd ride it!

Cyril Despres' Yamaha Rally Bike - comes with dirt!
Old 11-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #322
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

2014 Giant Loop - Buckin' Roll Tank Bag Redesign

Giant Loop's Buckin' Roll Tank Bag gets a major redesign for 2014, becoming the ultimate modular front-of-bike enduro and dualsport packing system.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #323
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,794
mojavi for the front, nice
Old 11-26-2013, 07:55 AM   #324
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Now the cats are getting out of the 2014 bag!!!

The new Buckin Roll sits very close to the bike and doesn't impede rider movement.

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 11-26-2013 at 08:05 AM
Old 11-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #325
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Enduro360.com has a review of the Bushwackers hand guards. He also wrote about the Pronghorn Straps in a previous review. Thanks Chilly, for the support!

Old 11-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #326
onewoodsrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
So what is it that you do for Giant loop ?
Old 11-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #327
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewoodsrider View Post
So what is it that you do for Giant loop ?
Let me answer on Snowhawk Jockey's behalf: He started working with Giant Loop this year as a contractor supporting our sales and marketing efforts. Now, he's about to become our fifth employee, wearing a bunch of hats like the rest of us, including quality control, shipping/receiving, marketing, sales, customer service, wrenching on GL bikes, testing products, participating in new product development, etc., etc. He brings a bunch of motorcycle retail and outdoor industry sales experience - as well as a passion for performance motorcycles.

And he's about to get married this weekend! Congratulations Mr. Snowhawk Jockey!
Old 11-28-2013, 05:11 AM   #328
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafofOregon View Post

And he's about to get married this weekend! Congratulations Mr. Snowhawk Jockey!

aww congrats snowhawk,,,, are you into downhill MTB as well, cause it'll all be downhill after the vows
Old 11-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #329
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,028
Quote:
Giant Loop's Buckin' Roll Tank Bag gets a major redesign for 2014, becoming the ultimate modular front-of-bike enduro and dualsport packing system.
More info please
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 11-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #330
Gale B.T.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,456
Quote:
Let me answer on Snowhawk Jockey's behalf: He started working with Giant Loop this year as a contractor supporting our sales and marketing efforts. Now, he's about to become our fifth employee, wearing a bunch of hats like the rest of us, including quality control, shipping/receiving, marketing, sales, customer service, wrenching on GL bikes, testing products, participating in new product development, etc., etc. He brings a bunch of motorcycle retail and outdoor industry sales experience - as well as a passion for performance motorcycles.

Wow , congrats are in order there Snowhawk in all the neat jobs you are assuming here in the immediate future, including hubby. With the right attitude and support they will all take you to higher levels, especially with that Harold being part of your lead
We wish you the best !!
Closed Thread