Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 08:50 AM   #376
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by KustomizingKid View Post
So I am on a trip right now using a great basin on my Xr650r... I love how the bag gets out of the way, and how easy it is to mount. One major flaw imo though... Give me some water bottle pouches.

When I hop off the bike I want a bevy, and I want it right there easy to get to.
Your wish is our 2014 Possibles Pouch! Strap one on each leg of your Great Basin and put drinks in one side and snacks in the other.

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 01-06-2014 at 09:59 AM
Old 01-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #377
sled_rider
DESERT ADV RIDER

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhawk jockey View Post
Your wish is our 2014 Possibles Pouch! Strap one on each leg of your Great Basin and put drinks in one side and snacks in the other.

Where are these on the web site?
Old 01-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #378
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Our website is scheduled to be updated soon, to reflect all the new 2014 products, design and pricing upgrades. The New Buckin' Roll2, Possibles Pouch, Fandango Tank Bag Pro and Diablo Tank Bag Pro will be added at that time. Stay tuned!

If anyone sees this guy on the road, maybe suggest he look into getting a Great Basin for that ride...

Old 01-07-2014, 09:01 PM   #379
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Phil View Post
Do these hand guards work at dual sport highway speeds(60mph)?
yes! i've been up to 75 w/ no issues on my DR.
great product.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
Old 01-07-2014, 09:12 PM   #380
KustomizingKid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 668
Quote:

Doesn't help me right now

But I will probably buy some when I get back.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:10 AM   #381
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
2013+ Mojave saddlebag

I note the current model of the Mojave saddlebag has side pouches measuring 4" deep x 16" long x 7" wide and hold 6 liters ea.

Does anyone have the dimensions of the older version that held 4.5 liters per side ?

I'm just wondering where they increased the dimensions to get the larger volume.

Also, has anyone tried both ?
Wondering if its worth upgrading
Old 01-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #382
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Thanks for the good question, Bill.

The Mojavi's volume increase came from squaring up the depth of the side pouches. I have used both and like the easier access that the larger rear dimension offers. Unzipping the bag and accessing contents is less restrictive at the rear. The old profile, however, is going to be more streamlined and unobtrusive with the topcase removed, like when sitting the the rear fender on a steep downhill.

On the 2012 Mojavi, the side pockets tapered from full depth at the bottom, to a much narrower width on top.

On the 2013+ model, the depth is 4 inches from top to bottom. The additional change was to make the mounting straps on the Top Case removable, for other mounting needs or arrangements.

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 01-08-2014 at 11:07 AM
Old 01-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #383
Wattner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,955
Quote:
Thanks for the good question, Bill.

The Mojavi's volume increase came from squaring up the depth of the side pouches. I have used both and like the easier access that the larger rear dimension offers. Unzipping the bag and accessing contents is less restrictive at the rear. The old profile, however, is going to be more streamlined and unobtrusive with the topcase removed, like when sitting the the rear fender on a steep downhill.

On the 2012 Mojavi, the side pockets tapered from full depth at the bottom, to a much narrower width on top.

On the 2013+ model, the depth is 4 inches from top to bottom. The additional change was to make the mounting straps on the Top Case removable, for other mounting needs or arrangements.

Nice!

I had one of the old styles and got rid of it as it was a tad too small and the next size up is too big. May have to re-think a GL bag. It would be really awesome to increase this bag slightly more. It's not quite big enough for an overnight, and the Coyote is too big of a jump for me

Keep the improvements coming!

EDIT: What about different size options for the center bag, as it's removable? Hmmm
Old 01-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #384
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,715
i'm in the same boat,,,, but making the coyote work cinching down the straps.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #385
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Mojave for plated dirtbike overnight trips

Snowhawk
Thx for explaining the difference between the new current Mojave vs the old one.

Wattner
I'm thinking similar to you, something in size between the Coyote and my old Mojave, but is the current Mojave big enough ?

Here's a pic of setup last year. 8 day offroad trip, staying in guesthouses so no camping gear. Its warm over here so minimal clothes.
Its the old version Mojave and a small wolfman rolie on top.
Sandals for night time strapped either side of the small rolie.
I carried a front tube on the front fender and rear tube in the Mojave.
Camel back for water and snacks. Usual tools for trailside repairs, tire levers and pump.

Next two pics show how the old Mojave is narrower at the rear, as explained by Snowhawk

I've recently bought a warbonnet hammock and tarp for the odd nights camping, plus a water filter and few other bits and pieces.

Obviously I need more room.

A medium rolie on the back, instead of the small rolie, plus the extra 3 liters volume of the new Mojave might be enough, just.

I too would be interested if there's any plans to enlarge the Mojave even more, or how many orders would it take to make a run of larger Mojaves viable ?
Old 01-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #386
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

The Coyote Saddle Bag measures a whopping 39 liters and that is a ton of storage. With the Mojavi side pockets alone holding 6 liters, adding the 17 liter Rogue to the top of Mojavi would net 23 liters of storage. I put a full week of trade-show clothes into my Rogue Dry Bag, when I flew to Italy last November. 17 liters is a lot of space for a light packer. A pic of stuffed Rogue, strapped onto an empty Mojavi worn by our KTM 500 EXC.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #387
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Giant Loop's 2014 products and pricing are going into effect, any minute. Making a last call for Giant Loop 2013 end of season deals!
We have several discontinued items available at up to 20% off, on our webstore.

There are a last few Tank Bags in Black, Gray and Yellow
Fandango Tank Bag
Diablo Tank Bag

Buckin' Roll

Great Basin Dry Bag

Giant Loop's fitted Stuff Sacks for the Coyote and Great Basin are also being discontinued. There are still some on the shelf, for those that want a set before they are gone.

Great Basin Stuff Sacks

Coyote Stuff Sacks
Old 01-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #388
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
BMW Owners News Reviews Tillamoook Dry Bag, Rogue Dry Bag

“A personal side note: Although not necessarily relevant to your purchasing decision, there is something heartening about a group of adventure riders down the street who have the vision and technical expertise to create top-shelf, functional motorcycle gear every bit as good (maybe even better) than their corporate rivals worldwide.” — Kit J. Vercella, January 2014 “Kit And Caboodle” column, BMW Owners News magazine

Old 01-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #389
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The Coyote Saddle Bag measures a whopping 39 liters and that is a ton of storage. With the Mojavi side pockets alone holding 6 liters, adding the 17 liter Rogue to the top of Mojavi would net 23 liters of storage. I put a full week of trade-show clothes into my Rogue Dry Bag, when I flew to Italy last November. 17 liters is a lot of space for a light packer. A pic of stuffed Rogue, strapped onto an empty Mojavi worn by our KTM 500 EXC.

Thats a nicely designed bag but on a dirtbike I prefer not more than 4 or 5" inches height of anything strapped to the rear of the seat/fender.

If you ran a pronghorn strap under the seat, and another clamped between the rear fender and underguard, then maybe it could be cinched down a bit more ?

You'd have to run the straps in opposite directions so the buckle of the seat strap would marry up to the tail of the fender strap and visa versa.

Just a thought.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:48 AM   #390
Bicycle Phil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
yes! i've been up to 75 w/ no issues on my DR.
great product.

Thank you: MX1West, Renazco Racing, KTM Twins, Rally Management Services
Closed Thread