Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #391
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1960 View Post
Thats a nicely designed bag but on a dirtbike I prefer not more than 4 or 5" inches height of anything strapped to the rear of the seat/fender.

If you ran a pronghorn strap under the seat, and another clamped between the rear fender and underguard, then maybe it could be cinched down a bit more ?

You'd have to run the straps in opposite directions so the buckle of the seat strap would marry up to the tail of the fender strap and visa versa.

Just a thought.

The pic shows a Rogue stuffed to the brim and you could easily pack it much smaller and cross strap it tight like you described. Part of the versatility of the double ended dry bags is the ability to roll them down tight for smaller loads.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #392
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

The new 2014 WATERPROOF Great Basin and Coyote are now for sale and shipping! Check out the added value of Water Proof and Adventure Proof that is Giant Loop's new offering:

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 01-13-2014 at 10:42 AM
Old 01-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #393
Creation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhawk jockey View Post
The new 2014 WATERPROOF Great Basin and Coyote are now for sale and shipping! Check out the added value of Water Proof and Adventure Proof that is Giant Loop's new offering:
I'm confused, are the dry bags only what is waterproof or is both the main bag and dry pods both waterproof?

Also I have an older Great Basin and my straps are torn to hell, can they be fixed? I couldn't find the size and material anywhere.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:11 AM   #394
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creation View Post
I'm confused, are the dry bags only what is waterproof or is both the main bag and dry pods both waterproof?

Also I have an older Great Basin and my straps are torn to hell, can they be fixed? I couldn't find the size and material anywhere.
Our Packing System is waterproof using our roll top, seam sealed Dry Pods. The Saddle Bags continue to be extremely water resistant and Adventure Proof. Relying on the shell alone as the 100% waterproof, will lead riders to disappointment when the shell gets damaged or compromised and no longer holds out water.

Email me your address info(addy in sig line) and I can help you with your Great Basin straps.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #395
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Juamev just posted some beautiful shots of his XTZ660 Tenere in Morocco. He build an amazing Super Tenere and rode North Africa, now he has built an equally sweet Tenere.

Check out his dune camp!

Thanks riding Giant Loop, Juamev!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #396
Creation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
Quote:
Our Packing System is waterproof using our roll top, seam sealed Dry Pods. The Saddle Bags continue to be extremely water resistant and Adventure Proof. Relying on the shell alone as the 100% waterproof, will lead riders to disappointment when the shell gets damaged or compromised and no longer holds out water.

Email me your address info(addy in sig line) and I can help you with your Great Basin straps.
Email sent, thanks Jason!

My older Great Basin is pretty water resistant, just run beeswax over the zipper once every few months. I guess if it was submerged water would get in, but that's why they make dry compression sacks and bags!
Old 01-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #397
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Tiffany has posted up the latest update to her thread and Blog. The pics are filled with sand, as she crossed the Badlands, and are quite different from the rain soaked ones of her last update. Click on the links and get the whole story!
Old 01-16-2014, 08:39 AM   #398
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Giant Loop Blog post with big news for GL customers went up yesterday. We have signed sales rep, Chad Johnson, for the South East US market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Loop Blog
Giant Loop names Chad Johnson As Independent Sales Representative For Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama
(BEND, OR, USA) Adventure-proof packing systems innovator Giant Loop has named Chad Johnson as its independent sales representative for Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Alabama. Johnson currently represents other top motorcycle brands, such as Bell Powersports, Alpinestars, Napa Gloves, Sport Performance Eyewear and Promotional Apparel Inc. With the support of two additional reps, Johnson services approximately 350 motorcycle dealerships in his territory.
Johnson previously worked as general manager at a multi-line motorcycle dealership, owned a cylinder head and dyno tuning shop, and he has been an independent sales representative in the motorcycle industry for 6 years.
He is also a former WERA Motorcycle Roadracing competitor, as well as a drag and land speed racing competitor with ECTA (East Coast Timing Association). Currently, Johnson scratches his two-wheeled racing itch as a competitive road bicyclist, logging 5,000 miles a year.
To schedule a Giant Loop product line dealer clinic, contact Chad Johnson at 931-349-5272.
Giant Loop’s adventure-proof motorcycle gear packing systems are available from select international distributors, as well as from a network of premium dealers throughout the USA. Giant Loop designs and tests products in Bend, Oregon and manufactures everything in the USA (except for the Canadian made Pronghorn Straps). For all the details, go to www.giantloopmoto.com.
#
Giant Loop® and the GL® logo are registered trademarks of Giant Loop LLC.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #399
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

The Possibles Pouch is now available on our online store!

It is our first 2014 product to be released, and the rest will come shortly. Most of our 2014 line is in-stock and ready to ship. The exception is the Fandango Tank Bag and Diablo Tank Bag, they are not in yet.

The 2013 Fandango and Diablo Tank Bags are still on sale, while supplies last, for 20% off or about $131 plus shipping.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #400
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

We now have the 2014 Fandango Tank Bag Pro and Diablo Tank Bag Pro added to the online store. They are not on the website yet so these are direct links:

Diablo Tank Bag Pro
Diablo Tank Bag Pro™ (4 liters) upgrades are similar to its larger cousin, the Fandango Tank Bag PRO, while remaining true to its minimalist, slim, trim design.

An electronics pass-through enables on-bike charging and power inside the tank bag and/or the clear vinyl map pocket top.

Full interior lining with hook-and-loop accepting fabric, movable divider with elastic tire pressure gauge holder, exterior mesh pocket and D-ring mounts for new optional Buckin’ Roll pannier pockets (2 liters each side) are key new features.

Fuel fills are now easily accessed by simply unzipping either side from the harness, and the concave front allows vent hoses to breath. Fits virtually any motorcycle, including dirt, dual sport, adventure and sport machines with metallic or non-metallic tanks/shrouds.

Fandango Tank Pag Pro
Fandango Tank Bag PRO™ represents a major upgrade of Giant Loop’s largest, most popular tank bag (8 liters). Expandability, electronics compatibility, and features driven by rider feedback inspire this Adventure Proof state-of-the-art design.

An electronics pass-through enables on-bike charging and power inside the tank bag and/or the clear vinyl map pocket top.

The Fandango PRO’s underside includes a concealed document pocket, and two separate side zippers for easy mounting to harness.

Full length interior lining with hook-and-loop accepting fabric, movable divider with elastic tire pressure gauge holder and slots, exterior mesh pocket and D-ring mounts for new optional Buckin’ Roll pannier pockets (2 liters each side) are key new features.

Fuel fills are now easily accessed by simply unzipping either side from the harness, and the concave front allows vent hoses to breath.

Fits virtually any motorcycle, including dirt, dual sport, adventure and sport machines with metallic or non-metallic tanks/shrouds.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:07 PM   #401
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,674
i like the idea of two zips instead of the one wrap around
Old 01-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #402
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
i like the idea of two zips instead of the one wrap around
Thanks! Using one zipper per side is MUCH easier to access the fuel cap and remove the bag. Plus it provides direct access to the security pocket in the underside of the Fandango, without removing the bag.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #403
spaceman_spiff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Is the new fandango waterproof?
Old 01-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #404
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

Oddometer: 1,865
Quote:
Thanks! Using one zipper per side is MUCH easier to access the fuel cap and remove the bag. Plus it provides direct access to the security pocket in the underside of the Fandango, without removing the bag.

I'm Really liking the features on the updated Fandango!

Huge kudos to Giant Loop for continuing to innovate.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #405
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
NEW THREAD: 2014 Giant Loop

Thanks to you, our friends and customers, 2013 was another year of double-digit growth and continuing expansion of our Giant Loop rackless soft luggage line into a comprehensive offering of Adventure Proof Packing Systems.

We're now shipping Giant Loop's 2014 product line! Please join the conversation on our new thread, 2014 Giant Loop.

Designed by riders in Bend, Oregon. Ridden on adventures worldwide.
Closed Thread