ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
alfredman22 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Free Dinner!

Now that I have your attention......Who wants to swap vacations?

Wifey and I are avid AdvRiders, we rode the TAT two up on our KLR a few years back and have been dreaming of getting back since.....only problem is my work says no way on taking that much time off again. So to save time we would have to fly out to Colorado/Utah area but then we dont have any bikes......and well.......cars suck!

So here is what we want to see if anybody is interested in doing.

We trade vacations. We are close to wine country and Watkins Glen! Got an extra bike/side-by-side/ATV/hovercraft/Jeep....whatever and want to let two completely random strangers from the internet borrow them for a few days...Let us know! In return we could...buy dinner, clean your house, pay you, or host your dream east coast ride of your own at our place on our bikes. Whatever we are flexible, transportation just has to fit two adventure nuts (We are both very small people, so anything KLR or bigger works). I have the following for trade/barter:

02 KLR 650
98 KTM 620 Adventure
08 CBR1000RR
11 Husaberg FE570
77 Yamaha DT250
02 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo (Well 700HP gets people into trouble so supervision is a must)

We would love to be able to explore Colorado/Utah area, really have no plans doesn't matter where/when we are flexible but it would have to be over the summer sometime.

Alittle about us. We are house trained, layed back responsible people who just love adventure and bikes. Heck the wife even lets me store my bike in the dinning room! I have been riding my entire life, have logged close to 80,000 miles and we rode the TAT roughly 8,000 miles two up, not using those wussy big-bike bypasses. Wife has her license but prefers to be on the back.

-Trevor/Julianne

alfredman22 screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 01:52 PM
alfredman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
Keepiru
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredman22 View Post
Now that I have your attention......Who wants to swap vacations?

Wifey and I are avid AdvRiders, we rode the TAT two up on our KLR a few years back and have been dreaming of getting back since.....only problem is my work says no way on taking that much time off again. So to save time we would have to fly out to Colorado/Utah area but then we dont have any bikes......and well.......cars suck!
I might be interested. I have an 02 1150GS. As long as I am able put new tires on it prior to then, which I should be able to provided I'm not unemployed. I live in Denver.

I travel a lot for work, so my preferred trade would be next time I'm out near you, the opportunity to go riding, either with you as a guide, or by myself for the weekend.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #3
alfredman22 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
WOW.....so many great people on ADVrider. We cant count how many great people we met on our last trip, truely shows that ADVriders are some of the best people anywhere.

Will try and respond to everybodys PMs soon@!

I have had offers from scooters, to brand new BMW multi-day demos!

alfredman22 screwed with this post 01-10-2013 at 08:59 AM
alfredman22 is offline   Reply With Quote