Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #91
grumpyoldbstrd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Oh bugger, I forgot to mention all the leeches in Big River.

Only gagging. Have fun you beautiful people.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:05 AM   #92
Miss Jane OP
Ride like a girl

Oddometer: 1,937
Grumpy you are a naughty boy.

Weather forecast for Mansfield is 22 degrees and dry for both Saturday and Sunday. I'm still taking bathers.

Chevy, I've got a route sorted out and it's mostly dirt from Yea to camp.

Here's the rough plan: Yea to Narbethong on dirt, about 12km of sealed road to Marysville, then the Woods Point Rd and finally The Big River Rd all the way to camp, which is most of it.
Miss Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:18 AM   #93
SCHEVY
When's the Next Ride

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Jane View Post
Grumpy you are a naughty boy.

Weather forecast for Mansfield is 22 degrees and dry for both Saturday and Sunday. I'm still taking bathers.

Chevy, I've got a route sorted out and it's mostly dirt from Yea to camp.

Here's the rough plan: Yea to Narbethong on dirt, about 12km of sealed road to Marysville, then the Woods Point Rd and finally The Big River Rd all the way to camp, which is most of it.
Cool Miss J, will find somewhere to stay in Yea & will let you know the details, so you can pick me up on the way through......have no idea where Marmalades is .....M
Old 03-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #94
Miss Jane OP
Ride like a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHEVY View Post
Cool Miss J, will find somewhere to stay in Yea & will let you know the details, so you can pick me up on the way through......have no idea where Marmalades is .....M
The pub next door to Marmalades is OK, The Country Club Hotel.

http://publocation.com.au/pubs/vic/y...club-hotel-yea

Maybe we'll join you on Friday night if that's OK with you, girls night on the town and breakfast in Marmalades on Saturday am.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #95
Miss Jane OP
Ride like a girl

Chevy it was such a good idea to stay in Yea, GSDane and I are booked in on Friday night. So we'll see you there.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:33 AM   #96
huskygirl
HuskyGirl

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Chevy it was such a good idea to stay in Yea, GSDane and I are booked in on Friday night. So we'll see you there.
Ohhh me too? What time are you leaving, have to get my hair done before I go.
huskygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:05 AM   #97
SCHEVY
When's the Next Ride

Quote:
Fantastic! i've got a room across the road from where you guys are staying , so will wander over when I get there.... Aiming for around 6ish..i'm sure i'll find ya's .... Bike's primed & ready to roll...very interesting...KTM 500 EXC converted into an Dual Sport...gave her a test ride this evening & all is good.....Lightning McQueen will be able to keep up with you all now as well as ride Erzberg..... c u then....m
Old 03-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #98
Miss Jane OP
Ride like a girl

Quote:
Fantastic! i've got a room across the road from where you guys are staying , so will wander over when I get there.... Aiming for around 6ish..i'm sure i'll find ya's .... Bike's primed & ready to roll...very interesting...KTM 500 EXC converted into an Dual Sport...gave her a test ride this evening & all is good.....Lightning McQueen will be able to keep up with you all now as well as ride Erzberg..... c u then....m
You've got the best of both worlds with that bike, especially as the rest of the fleet will be carrying some stuff and extra fuel for you.

I will have tent, and all cooking gear plus dinner (I can't put gluten in my pots so easiest if I just bring dinner for you too) and fuel bladder. Mel is bringing a sleeping mat for you. Anything else you need?

GSDane and I are aiming for 6:30 arrival in Yea.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #99
SCHEVY
When's the Next Ride

Quote:
You've got the best of both worlds with that bike, especially as the rest of the fleet will be carrying some stuff and extra fuel for you.

I will have tent, and all cooking gear plus dinner (I can't put gluten in my pots so easiest if I just bring dinner for you too) and fuel bladder. Mel is bringing a sleeping mat for you. Anything else you need?

GSDane and I are aiming for 6:30 arrival in Yea.
Hey guys, you are all too good. Don't worry about the sleeping mat, as I've managed to get one of those on the back of the bike, on the top of my tank bag!!!???? Fuel, yes, but I will fill that up in Yea & will do a refuel at Marysville too... Food I have sorted too but will never say no to any extra...ha ha ha...not long to go now & all of you ride safe...... excited big time
Old 03-14-2013, 04:22 AM   #100
Powermel1
Adventurer in Training

Oddometer: 357
Pots n pans

Schevy mat discarded. you are welcome to use our pots if you want your own tucker. Now have room for pre-dinnery nibblies and refreshments. Red or white?
William Orville Douglas
Powermel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #101
GSDane
Ride like a girl

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermel1 View Post
Schevy mat discarded. you are welcome to use our pots if you want your own tucker. Now have room for pre-dinnery nibblies and refreshments. Red or white?
Hmm... red chocolate??

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldbstrd View Post
Have fun you beautiful people.
Ta big

Quote:
...not long to go now & all of you ride safe...... excited big time

Packing of bikes here has started and one is nearly ready to roll... just waiting for Jane to get from laying lots of bricks today, get her stuff together and we will be on the road

Looking forward to going...
See ya'...
GSDane.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #102
UncleGra
CRASHING BORE

Oddometer: 2,722
There's a canary heading your way ladies......
Old 03-17-2013, 05:10 AM   #103
Canary
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Found them at Marmalades.

After breakfast and a chat, the last time I saw some of the Chix they were heading for the dirt. Jude, Powermel1 and I went touring to the National Park and Jamieson via the Eildon Jamieson road. We decided to set up camp when the rain set in as it was too late to try to find the other Chix, also I had road tyres on the DR and thought better of riding thru the mud in the rain.

After messaging the Chix telling them where we were and with the rain set in, Jude decided to hit the sack early so Powermel1 and I went to the pub for tea.

After a lovely counter meal, and the rain still falling we decided to hang out in the caravan park laundry which was the only dry place with any light. Where after sitting on the machines and reading trashy mags from 2007 we decided to complete the crossword puzzles. This provided us with a good hour of entertainment.

This morning we left Jamieson and headed for Mansfield, then Yea where we thought the rest of the gang would be as Schevy had to pick up her bike trailer. On arriving in Yea we found ourselves amongst the Yea Falls Festival with a market for us to have a look at.

We caught up with Huskygirl on her way home who told us the other hardcore bunch had headed for the Strathbogies and would be coming back to Yea later in the day. Huskygirl told us all about the mud and the rain and slippery downhills which made me even happier that we had stayed the night in Jamieson.

Thanks Chix for another fun weekend and to Powermel1 and Jude for the fun and laughs that we had this weekend. I had a great time.

Just finished some washing so just need to repack my clothes ready for my South Australia trip in the morning. Taking V Twin with me this time. I suppose I should as he has just done a service on my bike and put on a new rear tyre for me.

Safe trip home GSDane, hope to catch up next time again.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #104
GSDane
Ride like a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canary View Post
Safe trip home GSDane, hope to catch up next time again.
Thank you, Canary.
Looking forward to going on a ride that lasts a bit more than breakfast with you

You have a great ride for the next two weeks

See ya'...
GSDane.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #105
GSDane
Ride like a girl

Ride report...

Alright... Ride report for the Chix-ride (or at least for the non-Jamieson-ride ) is posted in the big section (Day trippin')... with a link posted in the sticky stuff section

I believe that someone from the Jamieson-ride-section will post a separate ride report

Thanks for a great weekend, Chix.

Cheers, GSDane.

GSDane screwed with this post 03-17-2013 at 09:47 PM
GSDane is offline   Reply With Quote