Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #346
JerseyBiker
Scootarazzi

Oddometer: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwfxd View Post
Thats what I was looking for. Thank you.

Oh SWEET it worked perfect!
Well you are welcome but I guess you won't see this.

JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #347
rkwfxd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
Well you are welcome but I guess you won't see this.

That's funny.
rkwfxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #348
aCab
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
I want one of these so I can learn to do stopies and sue Honda when I hurt myself so that I never have to work another day in my life!
aCab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #349
JerseyBiker
Scootarazzi

Oddometer: 1,901
Remember you can sue just about anyone. Winning the suit is a different story.
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #350
p0diabl0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
sport bike riders are now the ones to be afraid of. They also tend to ride in large groups, and at speeds a Harley rider can only dream about. They also crash a lot, while Harley riders don't.

I'd missed this kind of comedy with Jerry not commenting in Road Warriors for a few days.
p0diabl0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #351
rkwfxd
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0diabl0 View Post

I'd missed this kind of comedy with Jerry not commenting in Road Warriors for a few days.
You can have him back.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #352
p0diabl0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwfxd View Post
You can have him back.
Really we'd rather not. Maybe he can go to "Old's Cool" where he belongs.
p0diabl0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #353
rkwfxd
Adventurer

We will PAY you to take him.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #354
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0diabl0 View Post
Really we'd rather not. Maybe he can go to "Old's Cool" where he belongs.
Already there, and currently, as in right now, searching for an old, cool bike. Already been out to look at 3 in the past week.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #355
dan0
just going with it.

Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
But, back to the Grom - I have to say - I think Jerry is closer to predicting the future of this bike than y'all. As a retired lawyer (I know, I know ) I find it amazing the ad Honda put out. Every kid who hurts himself trying a stoppie or wheelie is gonna be suing - after all - that's what the Honda ad says to do. Now these folks might not WIN the lawsuit but it will certainly get to a jury.
Kids already know about wheelies and very likely stoppies. Half the time if I am riding around town and I stop for a light if there is a kid nearby they'll yell do a wheelie! The commercial Honda put out isn't introducing wheelies to people, random guess 95% of people know what a wheelie is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimotos95 View Post
and i can't think of any of them being successfully sued? i grew up playing grand theft auto and doom, i have yet to run over a whore or kill a demon..... people can blame whatever they want when they do something wrong but it's always 100% their fault, the video didn't make them do a stoppie into the back of a semi...
Amen! I grew up on Doom, Quake, GTA, Carmageddon and I haven't even held a real gun or run anyone down in a car.

Am I going to try to wheelie a Grom if I get one? Hell yeah! but if I screw up it's on me, I'm not going to blame a commercial for it.

Quote:
Already there, and currently, as in right now, searching for an old, cool bike. Already been out to look at 3 in the past week.
This is pretty old and I think it's cool. But then again I bet Honda got sued a ton back in the '70s for this bike. I mean who needs that much power back then

Old 06-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #356
CaptnJim
Scootist

Oddometer: 821
Quote:
It isn't just a T-shirt... Old Guys Rule. Of course, I am older than Jerry. But, as someone who has been riding for 45 years, I appreciate anyone who brings experience and knowledge to the forum. And, I appreciate the enthusiasm new folks bring. I am a scooter fan... and, I am a Jerry fan.

It's possible to appreciate the experience without agreeing with every opinion. Of course, that perspective comes with years of experience.

Captain Jim
Old 06-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #357
quasigentrified
Cityfolk

Oddometer: 652
yeah, i'm a younger dude, and i like jerry's mildly curmudgeonly rants. he's internet "local color". a bar isn't a bar without the old man on the end corner stool ranting about how kids are fuckin' crazy and everything is shit and jesus nobody cares about doing things right these days
quasigentrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #358
rkwfxd
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasigentrified View Post
yeah, i'm a younger dude, and i like jerry's mildly curmudgeonly rants. he's internet "local color". a bar isn't a bar without the old man on the end corner stool ranting about how kids are fuckin' crazy and everything is shit and jesus nobody cares about doing things right these days
Im an old guy and I have learned that an old drunk is nothing but an old drunk. I have no time for them.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #359
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,504
I'm about Jerry's age and while I don't agree with some ( or maybe a lot) of what he posts, he does make things much more interesting. Lets face it, it's the threads with controversy that seem to generate the most interest. If there wasn't so much disagreement on the Grom, this thread would probably only be a tenth as long as it is.

Getting back to the Grom, while I am getting old, I'm not so old that I don't remember what is was like to be young and foolish. When I was in my 20's, I went out and bought one of the fastest bike available at the time, a Yamaha FJ1100. I rode it in a manner that would probably not meet the approval of a lot of the people on this forum. I won't mention any names. I survived several years of routinely riding 100+,totally ignoring speed limits and double yellow lines and passing just about everyone else on the road. I survived that without incident and only one ticket. The thought that some young guys might buy a Grom and ride it like hooligans just doesn't upset me in the least. The world won't come to an end.

Actually, I'd love to take a Grom to Deal's Gap or some other tight and twisty road and see how many guys on "real" sportbikes I could pass

I may be getting old but I refuse to grow up

klaviator screwed with this post 06-14-2013 at 07:24 PM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #360
gore-tx
DOUBLE-O G

Oddometer: 2,230
This thread needs more pics!