Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #616
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
Load the bikes and head for Palermo, capital of Mexican food in Buenos Aires. Found one of the only joints that would let us push our bikes in (Borges Hostel)….quite a bit more expensive but a much better location. And off for chorizo tacos and deep fried cheese for lunch!! Now I can’t wait for dinner.

So for dinner we headed off to another Mexican food joint and both got Nachos. I had carne and Al got chorizo….mine were better. We even got free shots of Margaritas and then Al really stoked the fire buying a pair of Patron shots.

The restaurant is called Tijuana.....what could go wrong?

From there things got a little fuzzy but I do know we tried really hard to find some Karaoke with no luck at all. One bar had it but it didn’t start until 2:00 AM and it was only about 8:00 at this point and time. Not gonna happen.

I didn't read the books:

Shots of Jameson:

'01 DRZ 400

Oregon to Argentina on the Dizzer:
Romanousky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #617
woodly1069
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,764
Glad to see you fellas are eating well, now how 'bout some SA women before you depart?
Old 06-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #618
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Today my awesome parents arrive from Oregon. My father is going hunting about 200 miles south of here and my mother is just hanging out with me in the city. They are great people and supported me so much on this trip I’m really looking forward to seeing them.

Unfortunately I woke up feeling awful. I met my mother for lunch at our taco place; the chorizo did not sit well with me so I just lied in the room and watched the tube for a bit. Later we headed for Plaza Dorrago for the antique/craft fair thing. Lots of stuff; about 12 blocks worth. Hit Florida street so I could turn some of my folks’ cash into even more cash.

The Mate cups for sale. I don't think I will ever understand this trend.

Crepes in the street:

Walked up to the pink house for some night shots.

Then back around Palermo we hit a nice little place for some seafood pasta and good Red.

Bread with cheese spread:

Seafood spaghetti with an Enormous Prawn on top:

'01 DRZ 400

Old 06-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #619
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Up early I had to get my bike to a car wash to clean the mud off. Not sure if it was necessary but I figured the US customs would give me hell for having third world mud on a dirt bike. After paying an exorbitant price and rushing the man at work I had something worthy for shipping.

Absolutely ripped up the streets trying to get to the airport on time. It was very fun last day of splitting lines and hauling ass in the wrong lane to get by all the big rigs. I will really miss this part.....or end up with a few large tickets in the first couple weeks back home.

Made it to the airport without and hitch and finding the cargo area is a piece of cake. Then just waited in a certain area for a man named Franco to come meet us. Sure enough about 30 minutes later he strolled out and gave us some paperwork that got us through another security checkpoint.

From there you pull into the export warehouse and two finely constructed pallets were waiting for us.

Rolled the bikes up, popped off the front wheel, scooted the forks up until they hit the handlebars, disconnected the battery, let the guys there siphon all the fuel from the bikes, and then tossed on any gear that you wanted to ship with the bike. Didn’t bother with handlebars because the pallet was just as wide as them. You are not supposed to ship camping gear or personal belongings on the pallet (just riding gear and tools are allowed). I would like to have put my pots, stove, first aid kit, tire pump, etc… on the bike but if that gives them reason to remove the saran wrap and “inspect” things I am afraid something expensive may go missing. I put my abused boots, pants, and tools on the pallet but I’m not risking my awesome jacket or helmet.

The photos aren't great because the security guard did not want us taking photos. Had to sneak them.

With those things wrapped up and taken care of we slapped an SOF sticker on Al’s bike and an LAX sticker on my bike and headed for the bus. Waiting for the bus I felt like one of those stupid hippie dope smoking backpackers and really didn’t feel real “freedom” like you do on the bike. Get me to California!

Back in Palermo I headed for lunch with mom. Ceviche and some fried Mixta at a Peruvian Restaurant (Lavalle & Aguero Streets. Really fantastic food and very refreshing. Can’t wait for more tonight.

Feeling like some good Indian Curry we went to “Mumbai” for dinner. Absolutely fantastic curry dishes. All this stuff looks like baby food and makes you nervous about how it might come out but truly fantastic dishes.

'01 DRZ 400

Romanousky screwed with this post 06-04-2013 at 04:41 PM
Old 06-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #620
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodly1069 View Post
Glad to see you fellas are eating well, now how 'bout some SA women before you depart?
I will work on this!

'01 DRZ 400

Old 06-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #621
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chuck View Post
So the first picture you post after saying you are gonna work on some hottie pics is one of your MOTHER...TOTALLY AWESOME
You're just crazy

'01 DRZ 400

Old 06-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #622
dasvis
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
Did you get all of the dynamite out of your hiding spot on the bike before you shipped it??

2009 Suzuki DRZ400S
dasvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #623
GypsyWriter
Sarah

Oddometer: 1,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvis View Post
Did you get all of the dynamite out of your hiding spot on the bike before you shipped it??
Haha, lets hope so!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Life is dangerous. Not doing what you love makes life even more dangerous...
GypsyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #624
Ricky Chuck
Red Green Rulz!

Oddometer: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanousky View Post
You're just crazy

NO NO I meant that as a compliment!, jeez, sorry! I'll remove now.

It was awesome that your parents were there...man it's warm in here. Abjectly sorry for the malapropos.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #625
CaseyB
Adventually

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
The fact that this sentence can even be asked, goes to show what a kick ass trip this was .
CaseyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #626
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Yep....even wiped it down with alcohol swabs so no dogs or "swab" tests would delay me from getting back behind bars.....errrrrrr

'01 DRZ 400

Old 06-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #627
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyWriter View Post
Haha, lets hope so!!!
Can you imagine leaving some kind of drugs or explosives hidden and ship your bike to a new country. Ditch the bike or hope for the best? I'd be sweating bullets over that affair because I am a cheap bastard and would never ditch the bike

'01 DRZ 400

Old 06-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #628
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chuck View Post
NO NO I meant that as a compliment!, jeez, sorry! I'll remove now.

It was awesome that your parents were there...man it's warm in here. Abjectly sorry for the malapropos.
No worries, all in good fun.

'01 DRZ 400

Old 06-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #629
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
The fact that this sentence can even be asked, goes to show what a kick ass trip this was .
Doesn't it though? What a riot. I hope other countries can offer this kind of legal/illegal fun. I need to research what countries have the least amount of rules. I think that the Russian country side could provide good fun.

'01 DRZ 400

Old 06-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #630
woodly1069
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,764
Damn boys this rules! The fact that your folks show up at end of your trip is nuts! This has to be one of the very best ride reports EVER!
Maybe we need to get you hooked up with Colebatch so you can go ride in Russia!
Thanks for taking us along, I can't tell you how many hours I have spent reading this!