ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #376
BSkye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 703
Let the "un-veiling" of insults begin! No need to check them at the door any longer, huh Barb?? For someone who did not attend this event and contributed absolutely nothing, you sure have a lot to say about it. I am so thankful for happy, helpful hubbys like Jeff, Mat, Craig, Kent and Sprague. While many of the gals in attendance are "independent and self-sufficient" as you like to boast, many are not. I had many "thank yous" for providing these services that are so offensive to you. I even had one tell me that she would not have attended if they were not available. So...continue to take your bitter little pill, but please quit posting it here.

Wow ....and speechless.

That sure makes it that I am better off where I am. Good riddance.

BSkye screwed with this post 07-28-2013 at 08:58 PM
BSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #377
LittlePosum
Scrappy Marsupial

Oddometer: 306
Next!

I am home in Bend. My plans to stay out another night fell apart when I realized that my sleeping bag had been rattled off of the back of my bike on a 5 mile section of the Barlow Trail between the guys camp and Forest Creek. I rode back looking for it but found nothing I alerted some FS workers to be on the lookout for it, but my plan is to post in Craig's List lost and found. It is bright orange and has my last name written on the stuff sack. I have high hopes for its return!

Blah blah blah, any way I was still able to get in another really great full day of northwest riding!

Stay tuned for updates much more to come.....in the way of "thanks, awards, reports" from this fabulous weekend! Oh yeah and plenty more pix of of us lovely ladies!
Old 07-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #378
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,251
Yeehaw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangshelly View Post
The torch has been passed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangshelly View Post
Scarlet and NatDesertCat have enthusiastically agreed to arrange next year's ride in Bend.
I had a great time this year, and so appreciated all the hard work everyone invested in this years event. It seems to me that Natalie and Suzi's efforts should be recognized in addition to those who have been previously mentioned. And last but not least we owe Shelly a great big Thank-you!!!

Sorry I had to cut out early, I enjoyed meeting some new ladies, and getting to know those of you I met before, better. I really do love my ADV Family.

Something to consider!!
Although I got the ball rolling by planning the 1st annual PNW Ladies Ride, and had my vision of what the event would look like, please keep in mind that each year this event is going to look different, since we ladies will be going to a new place, and the hostess (es) will be designing an adventure conducive to their area, logistics, and personal situations.
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #379
TeamGS
Adventure-seeking family

Oddometer: 167
Checking in

Hey all! Had a long day today, rode through Maupin out to Fossil, etc. to John Day and ended up in Halfway for the night. My mommy did my stinky laundry for me... ahhhh nice.... rest of the way home in the morning. I'll post pics tomorrow.

I had so much fun, it was awesome!! You guys all rock! I laughed so hard my ribs were sore when I woke up this morning. I appreciated every one of you being there. The beauty of this group was all the variety, ages and riding ability, life experience, etc. We all had something to contribute -- very cool. I look forward to doing this again, soon!! Cheers!!! -Lisa
TeamGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #380
MotoFlicka
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Day 1: Bennett Pass Lunch stop

Day 1: Bennett Pass Lunch stop

photo STP61050.jpg

[photo credit: neon green shirted mt. biker who rescued a certain lost flip flop from the trail - special credit to Ariel for valiant rescue attempts as well as keen eyes from Shelly in the first place ]
MotoFlicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #381
Crash Clay
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
A few more photos from the ride:

Crash Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #382
Scarlet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60

A few more photos of the weekend. Thank you for such an AMAZING weekend with AMAZING ladies! A GREAT big thank you to Shelly, Susie and Natalie for all your hard work organizing all of this. You are all just the BEST!! I guess it is official Nat and I taking the torch! We are so excited to show you all the BEST of Central Oregon!! I hope we can do half as good of job as you ladies did. Now it is time to go back to reality...Have a great week ladies-Happy Riding!!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #383
BumpABump
DizDirtRider

Oddometer: 84
What I missed

I am so sorry I missed the fun at Timothy Lake! You guys look like you had a great time! Next time!!!! I can't figure out what is on the picnic table? Can someone clue me in? They look like fliers of some kind.
BumpABump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #384
Crash Clay
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Nda

I sent BumpABump a PM re her last post.
Crash Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #385
GrizGirl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,335
Awesome!!

Hiya! Are ladies from other regions allowed to attend this event? Looks like SO much fun! I lived in the Seattle area for 17 years, has to count for something?? If "outsiders" are allowed I'll try to keep a lookout for next year's event!
GrizGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #386
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

Oddometer: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpABump View Post
I can't figure out what is on the picnic table? Can someone clue me in? They look like fliers of some kind.
I can't either and when I ask Staci what they are she just giggles.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #387
BumpABump
DizDirtRider

Pm

Mustangshelly, I sent you a PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #388
leenpockets
Best Girlfriend Ever

Oddometer: 23
yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dual Sport View Post
I can't either and when I ask Staci what they are she just giggles.
Giggle giggle giggle.
leenpockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #389
BumpABump
DizDirtRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizGirl View Post
Hiya! Are ladies from other regions allowed to attend this event? Looks like SO much fun! I lived in the Seattle area for 17 years, has to count for something?? If "outsiders" are allowed I'll try to keep a lookout for next year's event!
GrizGirl...I am pretty sure you are more than welcome. It will be in Bend next year. Where are you living now?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #390
BumpABump
DizDirtRider

Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenpockets View Post
Giggle giggle giggle.
Okie dokie....I understand now!