ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #391
Nacho Claws
n00b

Oddometer: 9
f yeah

that was an awesome weekend.
you are all amazing and inspiring, and i can't say how glad i am to have met you and ridden with you! i started to get really anxious before the ride because i didn't know anyone and had no idea if i'd be able to keep up, but it ended up being one of the best weekends ever. i am loving all these pictures, you are all adorable. i especially love shelly with her pants down eating a sandwich <3
thanks so much to shelly and jeff for all the work you put in to make it happen, and to everyone else for the experience (not to mention leading rides, being super fun to hang out with, etc.).

next year in bend!

also i think we are heading to bend on our way out of here, so hopefully we will get to ride with some of you again soon. and those of you who live in hood river/portland, we should ride more often!!

serious high fives all around for a weekend i will never forget.
Nacho Claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #392
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,253
A few of my photos

To get to HR Lisa and I rode ID 52

to ID 201

to I-84 took exit 340 Rye Valley Loop

Mormon Basin Rd

Clark Creed Rd past Clarksville

to Bridgeport Bridgeport Road to 245 over Dooley Mtn to Hwy 7
Hwy 7 west, Elkhorn Byway- Saw several Osprey nests

Sumpter Valley Dredge

Gassed up in Sumpter- met and visited with several nice people there.
Passed through the Winom OHV Complex

Noticed the Imfamous BBB gang was camping in the Big Creek area, wished I had time to stop and see my good friend Bernie H, but he should be out riding anyway.

Ride through Ukiah, cross 395 continue on the Blue Mountain Byway, past Willow Creek Dam/Heppner to Hwy 206 Stopped in Condon for a milk shake as Craig had suggested. Gassed up, and again met some really nice people. Made our way to the Deschutes River on the way see windsurfers on the Columbia.

Stopped at the park, met these really nice people from France spending 18 months traveling on their bikes, they've already been to Canada.

Ride old hwy 30 jumped on I-84 when neccessary and then 35 to get to Craig and Natalies place. This is what we see when we park our bikes.

IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms screwed with this post 07-29-2013 at 01:53 PM
liv2rydktms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #393
Scarlet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Wishing I was still riding with you all~

"The greatest thing in the world is to know how to be one's own self."

Just saw this quote and it made me think about all of you ladies from this weekend. The thing I LOVE BEST about all you ladies from this weekend!! I just keep thinking about how much fun the weekend was-thank you to all of you!!

Old 07-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #394
Crash Clay
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Just got word that Ladybug and their group are doing well. A dead battery was involved, keeping them from making it to Timothy Lake. So sorry to have missed them, but relieved that they are O.K.

I really enjoyed meeting EVERYONE! Looking forward to BEND next year!!!
Crash Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #395
Scarlet
Adventurer

Glad they are Ok~

So happy to hear Ladybug and crew are all good! Sorry they missed it, but hopefully we will see them all in Bend next year.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #396
Isis_mgg
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I Missed more of the good stuff :(

[QUOTE=Crash Clay;21978688]

What I wouldn't give to have been jumping in that lake on Friday night!!

I am so sad to have missed all the Saturday fun, someone must fill me in I'm not 100% yet but definitely feel a lot better than Friday I wanted to be there on this trip so bad, thank goodness the trails and you all will be there another time so I can go again!

You ladies rock!! You all were so amazing and wonderful. Special thanks to Crash Clay(?) for taking the pavement with me, as well as Natalia, Scarlet/Angela and Motoflicka/Linnea in camp. But thanks to all, I can't place names to all the faces (I can do most of 'em believe it or not, but not all) but I know who you are and I know all of you were there for me.

Have no fear , I'll be back!

-M
Isis_mgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #397
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Day 2

Our hosts treated us to a fantastic pancake breakfast, then Natatlie lead us to Rosaurs to do our grocery shopping.

Craig followed with our gear and a cooler so we wouldn't have to repack our bikes.

the trailer at AJ and Shelly's

Smokin Mary rolls in, Craig forms a heat shield out of a tin can and a hose clamp.

And we're off! Suzi, leading one group and Shelly leading the other, I'm bringing up the rear of Suzi's group. I have no idea what the names of the roads are, but I know we're riding Bennet pass, when the riding gets more technical I didn't take pics.

This is where Natalie and I buddied up to ride sweep for Shelly's group.

for Ladybug!

Lisa setting up for our group photo, that lady can really run on rocks!!

Natalie!

Shelly laughing, some of us lingered to enjoy the sights or ..........

Moving on...

Natalie and Maria took a paved route while I caught up with the rest of Shelly's group. When I got there, the ladies were cooling of in the creek, before we descended into .

After camp was set up some of us that are kin to pickle went to the lakeside resort for dinner and enjoy the Karaoke artists.

We saw many of these on the way back to camp.

We pretended we had a and then .
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms screwed with this post 07-29-2013 at 04:15 PM
Old 07-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #398
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

Oddometer: 552
3d

Ditto to what everyone else has said!
To Susi, Mat, Natalie & Craig for all the route help AND to Jeff for delivering our beer, food, pedicure supplies and clean underwear
I can't stop thinking about what an amazing time I had with such a diverse group of gals. As soon as we took off, all the nerves went away and it was just like hanging out with old friends...on motorcycles . Who da thunk that I would find such cool people while taking up motorcycling at my age??? WOW! I know it's all been said before, but you are an amazing group of gals. I am humbled by your kindness, attitudes and the way you all just "git 'er done." I am truly a fortunate soul after spending this past weekend with you all. I am SO very happy that we didn't break any of you too badly.
Mustangshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #399
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Day 3 - Barlow Road

We all headed toward Wamic there were two groups Shelly took one and Natalie lead the other and I rode sweep for Natalies group after we hit the dirt.

the Black hot rod 3rd car from the left, was camped across from us last night.

Some sort of harvest fire/accident I guess.

Lone Pine Cemetary

The dirt

I took no more pics I was very busy perhaps others have some pics they can add.

I rode with the group to Forest Creek campground, by then it was nearly 3 pm and I needed to head home, two others gals rode out also one lead, Bump was in the middle. I swept, we took rd 48 to hwy 35 then we parted.

I rode hwy 35 to HR, I rode across the Columbia

Crossed over the Columbia again

got gas in Biggs and rode hwy 30 to Rufus rode I84 when old hwy 30 was not an option stopped for gas in Baker, about 9:15 mountain time I crossed the snake river into Idaho

rolled into the driveway

I had a great time, I am grateful my ADV Brothers encouraged me to ride the wee, it was the right bike for me on this trip.

I hope some of you other girls got some pics of the terrain of both days, I did not I was busy.

Can't wait for next year!

Thank you to the ladies who have agreed to organize next years event.
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms screwed with this post 07-29-2013 at 04:21 PM
Old 07-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #400
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 2,116
Those pics make it look like it was a fantastic weekend

Kudos to the organizers
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #401
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,662
I think one word sums up this whole event....

BEAUTIFUL!
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #402
LittlePosum
Scrappy Marsupial

Oddometer: 330
Lost and FOUND!!!

Quote:
Found your sleeping bag on the Barlow Trail Road! (Mt Hood National Forest--Barlow Trail )
To the woman on the cool motorcycle looking for her orange sleeping bag after it fell off her bike: my kid found it! Has the name Colas written on it.
A kind woman responded to my Craigslist post and said that her son found my sleeping bag!!! It had rolled about a hundred feet down the hill from the trail! I am so blessed!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #403
Scarlet
Adventurer

Congrats Little Possum- That is so awesome!!!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #404
BumpABump
DizDirtRider

Oddometer: 84
Sleeping Bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePosum View Post
A kind woman responded to my Craigslist post and said that her son found my sleeping bag!!! It had rolled about a hundred feet down the hill from the trail! I am so blessed!
Nice!!!!
BumpABump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #405
MotoFlicka
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Wow

PNW LR, fabulous ladies -- I'm still stunned and so delighted at the weekend and just took the time to re-read the posts and enjoy the photos.

THANK YOU so much Shelly, Susi and Natalie for taking turns leading the rides, Angela and Lisa, my seriously special angels and coaches. Energizer Bunny and Nacho Claws, you both were so inspiring and to read the story of Stacie's start in the parking lot with Team O. really cracks me up since you are one bad-a** rider. Katy, you definitely saved my day with your mechanics and power you gave back to me. :-)

SO cool that Bend has already decided to give this a whirl for 2014. I hope to see you sooner than that, of course, but would love to think I could be maybe be riding the orange machine by then, a little more nimble-y...

Super nice to meet everyone, so grateful for the special camaraderie that women can have...haven't had to be rescued like that !

Thanks again, and special thanks for the support hubbies, too...that was a beautifully done thing down to the trash can that we FILLED with bottles and cans !!

~motoflicka

....and some more photos....

Some real luggage was brought...who needs Givi and Zega when you have this stuff?

Debate at the top of the awesome "whoops" section: Wait, or Go ?

Why didn't someone ride up this? LittlePosum, Nacho Claws???

This is why I seriously cannot do this on my own -- which f*ing direction to Badger Creek?

Footrest, Sunshade, and Susi

Red Baron Napping

Last Dust before Timothy Lake
MotoFlicka is offline   Reply With Quote