ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #406
BumpABump
DizDirtRider
 
BumpABump's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Hood River Oregon
Oddometer: 84
Luggage

HAHAHAHA...the Mr is so happy the luggage made it to ADV!!!

Red Baron!!! GET UP!! I'm with ya Sista!

See you in Bend!
BumpABump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #407
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Mt. Hood
Oddometer: 551
A few gals camped in our yard the night before. Was great to get a little head start in getting to know each other.
 photo 1374850208828.jpg


 photo 1374874345769.jpg



Yeah, well, just because I'm a dork
 photo 1374875444431.jpg
A few of the ladies on my favorite section of Bennett Pass
 photo 1374874138287.jpg

 photo 1374874100747.jpg

 photo 1374874109348.jpg

 photo 1374874117464.jpg

 photo 1374874168694.jpg

 photo 1374874160510.jpg

 photo 1374874178786.jpg

 photo 1374874235298.jpg

 photo 1374874322969.jpg

 photo 1374874132515.jpg
We have come to save the day!
 photo 1374875692784.jpg
Motokoneko dodged a bullet, I mean nail, on Barlow Road.
 photo 1374950225293.jpg
McGyver to the rescue
 photo 1374950268049.jpg
Mustangshelly & Motoflicka
 photo 1374961487580.jpg
Littlepossum taking a pic of us on the dock, while we take a shot of her
 photo 1374971133897.jpg
I'm not sure, but I think they are singing kumbaya
 photo 1374978701199.jpg
On our way home over Lolo Pass
 photo 1375043046382.jpg
Mustangshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #408
bettyboarder
n00b
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Pdx/Hood River
Oddometer: 6
What a amazing weekend. You girls are awesome! Had a blast looking forward to next year.

-Nicole
bettyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:34 AM   #409
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,802
Hi everyone,

It looks like everyone had a terrific weekend. There are some excellent photos there and I hope more still coming. I always like to see photos of people having fun.

Sorry I didn't make it as you already know I had battery problems. At Biggs after breakfast when I pushed the start button to head to Timothy Lake there was nothing. No grrrrrrr, grrrrrr, no nothing. It had just started with no problem a half hour earlier when I got gas. Itty bitty bike have itty bitty batteries that do not give warning before failing.

Rainbow007, MTLee, & I figured out what to do. I needed to find a battery and started to use my SmartPhone to do the research. After a couple failed attemps the phone became a SmartAlec phone then a SmartAss phone. I was having a difficult time staying on the internet. I decided rather than being frustrated with trying to do the research on the phone I would use the phone to call a friend that could do the research on a real computer. Loud Al to the rescue. He found the closest place with a battery, got them to put it on a charger and Rainbow headed to The Dalles to pick it up. MTLee and I hung out in Biggs with the Superbug that wasn't being so super.

MTLee and I tried to jump my bike from hers but it wouldn't jump. I guess two itty bitty batteries just wasn't enough. A few hours later Rainbow returned with a charged battery and she and I went to work installing it. I discovered what happens when you are tightening the positive and the wrench slips and hits the negative while still on the positive. Wahhhhooo FIREWORKS and not in a good way. Then I was worried that I had killed the new battery but I didn't - Whew.......

After it was installed I discovered one wire was still not connected and I didn't know if it went to the positive or negative. Luckily MTLee remembered and all was good again.

Mechanic is not my strong suit.

With using more than a half a day on that and already being behind we decided we should start heading back toward home rather than going further west. We did have a great ride going home and all was not lost. It was a wonderful weekend with great friends.

I am disappointed that I didn't get to see all of you and meet the gals that I haven't met before but I hope I will get to meet you at some other poing.

BumpABump, I hope you heal quickly. You did good as an ADVer, you got pictures and told the story
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #410
TeamGS
Adventure-seeking family
 
TeamGS's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: New Meadows (McCall), ID
Oddometer: 167
Here are My Pics

Hi Ladies! Finally got a few pics sorted out, they bring back good memories! You can see the whole library in larger res and download the ones you want here. But here are some to highlight:

Me and Katy on top of Mormon Basin:


A cute little guy we met while gassing up at Sumpter:


Next morning, waking up at Craig & Natalie's, getting ready to go:


Not a bad morning to go for a ride!!


More to come!!
TeamGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #411
TeamGS
Adventure-seeking family
 
TeamGS's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: New Meadows (McCall), ID
Oddometer: 167
More Pics

Meeting at Shelly & AJ's place:




Taking a break after the "whooptie" road:


Katy teaches us the finer points of "bench racing":


Lunch break at High Prairie:


Hiking up the rock pile for the view and a pic:


Sure is a purdy mountain!


The gang!!


First camp night at Tygh Valley... showers are much appreciated!!


More to come!!
TeamGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #412
TeamGS
Adventure-seeking family
 
TeamGS's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: New Meadows (McCall), ID
Oddometer: 167
More Pics

The next morning... dead soldier


Prepping for the day's ride:


I think Katy needs to hang about four more things around her neck!! (I was teasing her about her tunes going ALL the time)


Scarlet is waiting to do this little rocky uphill section, but wait, where is motoflicka's GS???


Here it is!!! Ruh roh.


Have no fear, we can fix this!!!


Katy's turn at the ascent. Can't you just hear that center stand hitting???!!!


Me taking a picture of Natalie taking a picture of Shelly. (There was a lot of this going on as you can see.)


Frog Lake Sno Park, suddenly we have cell service. Quick! Everybody text!!


Camp at Timothy Lake:


Staci's clever stove, amazing how that heated up so fast!


Good times around the campfire


Marshmallows for desert


Thanks for the good times, everyone!! See you next time!!!
TeamGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #413
GrizGirl
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Loving life in tha mountains :)
Oddometer: 1,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpABump View Post
GrizGirl...I am pretty sure you are more than welcome. It will be in Bend next year. Where are you living now?
Thanks! I am in northern Colorado, near Estes Park, which is northwest of Boulder. Loving the pics of the adventure you all had! I'll keep my eyes open for the thread about next year.

If any of you end up in Colorado drop me a PM! We love to host fellow ADVers and meet new folks to ride with.
GrizGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #414
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer
 
liv2rydktms's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Payette ID
Oddometer: 2,253
Hey GrizGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizGirl View Post
Thanks! I am in northern Colorado, near Estes Park, which is northwest of Boulder. Loving the pics of the adventure you all had! I'll keep my eyes open for the thread about next year.

If any of you end up in Colorado drop me a PM! We love to host fellow ADVers and meet new folks to ride with.
Do you know my friend CJ Rider? She is from Fort Collins CO Do you girls still have chickfest?
__________________
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. Henry Ford
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip



liv2rydktms screwed with this post 07-30-2013 at 04:14 PM
liv2rydktms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #415
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,802
Motoflicka, I saw earlier your F650 is dubbed Red Baron. Did you give it that name or was it pre-named? Reason I ask is another gal that was on ADV a few years back had a red F650 name Red Baron and I'm just curious if that is the same bike.

Nice looking bike by the way, even while it's taking a nap.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #416
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Mt. Hood
Oddometer: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Hi everyone,

It looks like everyone had a terrific weekend. There are some excellent photos there and I hope more still coming. I always like to see photos of people having fun.

Sorry I didn't make it as you already know I had battery problems. At Biggs after breakfast when I pushed the start button to head to Timothy Lake there was nothing. No grrrrrrr, grrrrrr, no nothing. It had just started with no problem a half hour earlier when I got gas. Itty bitty bike have itty bitty batteries that do not give warning before failing.

Rainbow007, MTLee, & I figured out what to do. I needed to find a battery and started to use my SmartPhone to do the research. After a couple failed attemps the phone became a SmartAlec phone then a SmartAss phone. I was having a difficult time staying on the internet. I decided rather than being frustrated with trying to do the research on the phone I would use the phone to call a friend that could do the research on a real computer. Loud Al to the rescue. He found the closest place with a battery, got them to put it on a charger and Rainbow headed to The Dalles to pick it up. MTLee and I hung out in Biggs with the Superbug that wasn't being so super.

MTLee and I tried to jump my bike from hers but it wouldn't jump. I guess two itty bitty batteries just wasn't enough. A few hours later Rainbow returned with a charged battery and she and I went to work installing it. I discovered what happens when you are tightening the positive and the wrench slips and hits the negative while still on the positive. Wahhhhooo FIREWORKS and not in a good way. Then I was worried that I had killed the new battery but I didn't - Whew.......

After it was installed I discovered one wire was still not connected and I didn't know if it went to the positive or negative. Luckily MTLee remembered and all was good again.

Mechanic is not my strong suit.

With using more than a half a day on that and already being behind we decided we should start heading back toward home rather than going further west. We did have a great ride going home and all was not lost. It was a wonderful weekend with great friends.

I am disappointed that I didn't get to see all of you and meet the gals that I haven't met before but I hope I will get to meet you at some other poing.

BumpABump, I hope you heal quickly. You did good as an ADVer, you got pictures and told the story
At least you had an adventure trying to get to the ladies ride
Mustangshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #417
NotAllWhoWanderRLost
Lost
 
NotAllWhoWanderRLost's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Bend, Oregon
Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamGS View Post
Scarlet is waiting to do this little rocky uphill section, but wait, where is motoflicka's GS???
ATGATT?

I'm glad to hear everyone had a great time and came out with very little injury! Looking forward to Central Oregon...

NotAllWhoWanderRLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #418
motokoneko
usually confused
 
motokoneko's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: PNW
Oddometer: 11
superfun!

HUGE thanks to Shelly and everyone else who helped put the ride together - had a blast! Me and my can/heat shield just might see you all next year...
motokoneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #419
Loud Al
.
 
Loud Al's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Forest Grove, OR
Oddometer: 3,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Hi everyone,




I discovered what happens when you are tightening the positive and the wrench slips and hits the negative while still on the positive. Wahhhhooo FIREWORKS and not in a good way. Then I was worried that I had killed the new battery but I didn't - Whew.......

Neg off first and on last, follow this rule and you won't have fireworks when you are working on your electrical system
__________________
A Quick Trip to Big Sur


Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:24 AM   #420
GrizGirl
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Loving life in tha mountains :)
Oddometer: 1,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2rydktms View Post
Do you know my friend CJ Rider? She is from Fort Collins CO Do you girls still have chickfest?
I don't think I do... Hmmmm... We haven't had chickfest in a few years but we are talking about it for next year again. We are having a ladies ride, single track little bikes in the morning, dualsport stuff in the afternoon, on the 9th of August as part of Westfest if any of you are coming for that!
GrizGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014