Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #16
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultane View Post
Does any one know if SENA has ironed out the iOS 6.x issues?
If it only showed up with IOS 6, it sounds more like an Apple issue.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:17 AM   #17
Connors Dilemma
n00b

Oddometer: 4
New Bluetooth Gear

Just picked up Uclear system, no mic to mess, with dynamic noise cancelling, and great battery life specs. It's winter so haven't tried it on the bike yet, that being said this system will do all that you wanted based on your posting. ICS (intercom system) is clear and readable, the only thing you have to note is the 5 second delay when you shut down the ICS function, so watch what you say about your passenger or the guy in the lead. The vox is quite fast and responsive. Very light and easy to install on the helmet, pairing is simple and the coverage area expands with additional units, up to 10 units. System will accept pairing with three devices. Range is 700m and ICS phone calls are picked by the operator saying "Hello", phone will work paired with the Zumo 550 or the Uclear system. The price is the same as Scala, check Uclear out its definitely a system worth looking at.
Connors Dilemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:22 AM   #18
Connors Dilemma
n00b

Oddometer: 4
New Bluetooth gear Uclear

Just picked up Uclear system, no mic to mess, with dynamic noise cancelling, and great battery life specs. It's winter so haven't tried it on the bike yet, that being said this system will do all that you wanted based on your posting. ICS (intercom system) is clear and readable, the only thing you have to note is the 5 second delay when you shut down the ICS function, so watch what you say about your passenger or the guy in the lead. The vox is quite fast and responsive. Very light and easy to install on the helmet, pairing is simple and the coverage area expands with additional units, up to 10 units. System will accept pairing with three devices. Range is 700m and ICS phone calls are picked by the operator saying "Hello", phone will work paired with the Zumo 550 or the Uclear system. The price is the same as Scala, check Uclear out its definitely a system worth looking at.
Connors Dilemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #19
beechhunter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
voices in my head.

If you plan on many hours in the saddle you may want to consider a bike powered unit. I tried Chatterbox, but after 8 hrs of music and conversation they would give up. Switched to a Starcom1 and haven't looked back. Starcom1 offers a bluetooth option but i haven't tried it. Just my. 02.
beechhunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #20
sparkymcgee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechhunter View Post
If you plan on many hours in the saddle you may want to consider a bike powered unit. I tried Chatterbox, but after 8 hrs of music and conversation they would give up. Switched to a Starcom1 and haven't looked back. Starcom1 offers a bluetooth option but i haven't tried it. Just my. 02.
Just FYI, in a pinch, you can charge the Sena while on the bike with a USB cord. Mine easily goes 8 hours streaming music on full volume before needing a charge.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #21
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,813
I easily get 8+ hours in full talk mode (most battery drain) when hooked to my ham radio on my Sena SMH10.

And if I think that I might be running low on juice that day, a 30-45min charge at lunch easily helps make it last a few more hours.

I've never had my Sena die on my during a long day ride unless I forgot to charge it before hand or if I just went several days without charging it. The batteries really do last all day, even streaming music the entire time.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote