Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #31
Yardstick OP
Hydrophobic

Oddometer: 2,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeouttaglass View Post
How many miles on the odometer when you got it?
When I first picked it up, just over 270 miles. I drove it to about 284 by the time it was back at the dealer. It was at 306 when I picked it up.

I have to admit, they did a nice job...

2009 KTM 950 Super Enduro Erzberg Edition
Yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #32
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,423
New or used is strictly the legal distinction of whether or not the car has been titled. The car could be a dealer demo with 20k on the clock, and still be a new car if it has never been titled and still is on the Manufacturers Certificate of Origin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveShaft View Post
+1

It should be on one of the papers they gave you, with a big ass check mark next to the word "New" or "Used.
'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #33
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,260
That sort of thing would bug the shit out of me for the rest of the time I owned it. Since you have it back now, and it does look good, I guess just forget about it. Unless you have pics of it when it wasn't so shiny

I've never bought a new truck so I don't know, but I could guarantee if I was paying new money that truck had better be **perfect**.

As to the finance douche bag giving me that line here's now that conversation would have gone with my ass in the seat.

"Toyota trucks are junk etc"

"Listen dude, for the remainder of the time I'm forced to sit in this seat signing your paperwork, I want to hear exactly fuckall from your mouth unless it's to ask me where to sign. There are plenty of other dealers in this town who would love to have my money and business, so if you want to keep either of those, shut your fucking mouth. BTW, you were better in your previous job, dickhole"

I actually probably would have walked away. Seriously. BTW I just bought a 2007 Tundra Limited double cab, leathered up with nav, camera, 5.7L, it's pretty sweet. I got a bank check preapproved from my bank, made the deal on the phone and went and picked it up. It was WAY better shape than the pics showed, I was actually shocked almost like new. I was in and out of that dealer in an hour.

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #34
Yardstick OP
Hydrophobic

Oddometer: 2,854
I think I'm just going to decide to be over it and move on. It looks great now and hopefully it lasts a long-long time so I don't have to deal with dealer BS again. They also pulled out the plastic drop-in bed liner and did a spray-in while they had it (no charge).
2009 KTM 950 Super Enduro Erzberg Edition
Yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #35
AerialCameras
Gyrating Peacefully

Oddometer: 1,893
Sounds exactly like my dealings wih Superstition Springs Toyota in 03.
AerialCameras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #36
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer: 2,837
With over 600kms on it, that thing was used on the weekends to tow rvs and shit while you were waiting to buy it.

The truck will likely be ok, but you didn't buy a new truck. I'd return this used truck and demand the new truck you were supposed to get.

Don't sweat the petty things; Pet the sweaty things !!!
Maggot12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #37
Doc.Snyder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
Why do you need a Tundra to pull bikes ?
Old 01-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #38
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,055
Wow, ignorance abounds in this thread. And I really don't mean that as an insult to anyone. The finance guy was a douche. You should have a nice conversation with ownership, or at the very least with the GM. Explain that while you understand the urgency to sell F & I products, stooping to the level of tarnishing the consumer purchase experience, destroying the purchaser's confidence in the vehicle and manufacturer, and bad mouthing the dealer's own service department all in the name of a commission qualifies Mr. "Master Tech/Finance douche" as nothing more than a "buy here/pay here" used car salesman. They would do well to free up his future and divorce themselves from him, but the problem is guys like that make themselves and the dealership a lot of money for a short period of time. By the time they figure out how much damage he's done its usually too late. That's why you should speak up.

Beyond that, the cosmetic issues likely fall on the dealer they traded it from. Regardless, they had a responsibility to make it right, and it looks like they did. I wouldn't worry about a little compound and a buffer, but if they wet sanded it you definitely lost some clear coat. While there is no way to get that back short of re-spraying the vehicle, if they had to wet sand it to make it look good I'd want a different truck. If you find out they wet sanded it and opt to go that route, time is of the essence. You wait and you won't get anything.

To eas your mind, it wasn't being used as a tow vehicle, it wasn't a used vehicle sold as new, and it isn't very likely to be soiled with whore skank all over the seats. It is quite simply put a dealer trade that wasn't prepped very well by one of the involved dealers, and was signed over to you by a bona fide douchebag.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #39
xshanex
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Wow, ignorance abounds in this thread. It is quite simply put a dealer trade that wasn't prepped very well by one of the involved dealers, and was signed over to you by a bona fide douchebag.
This!

Dark vehicle and probably a piece of shit lot attendant washed it with a nasty gritty brush with a pole on it and knocked the crap out of the antenna. A decent polish clears it up and has it looking good after the detailing guys spend a little time on it

I was a lot attendant and learned early on what happens when you use one of those gross brushes on dark colored vehicles and the damage that sometimes happesn even when you're trying to be careful. Even with a somewhat caring attitude I still messed up an antenna and cracked 2x mirrors
xshanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #40
mike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,038
If i was buying a new vehicle from a dealer, I would want to SEE the actual vehicle I was buying. Put my hands on it, sit in it, drive it. Not sign on the dotted line and take it for granted I was going to get a "new" vehicle.

Good luck.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:29 AM   #41
FlagRS
Gone to the Dogs

Oddometer: 1,145
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardstick View Post
I think I'm just going to decide to be over it and move on. It looks great now and hopefully it lasts a long-long time so I don't have to deal with dealer BS again. They also pulled out the plastic drop-in bed liner and did a spray-in while they had it (no charge).
Congrats on the new truck, glad everything worked out. That monster will last forever.
FlagRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #42
SourKraut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,980
I have a black car and feel your pain. That thing is dirty moments after you wash it and trying to keep it looking good is a monumental effort. Hopefully you, like me, give up quickly and just keep a good coat of wax on it so that you have a prayer of ever seeing it look new again.
SourKraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #43
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
Wow!

I would have walked away from the deal after the douching with the Finance guy.

We just bought a 2013 Subaru WRX. It was the first car I have ever bought new that I had to order. Our Salesman was so on top of everything all the way through the process. The dealership folks were really good too. I did lots of research before buying the car on both accessories availability and the reliability and longevity.

I also have a 2000 F250 PSD that has been the most flawless truck I have ever owned. We have rolled over 200K on it and it has not given us any issues whatsoever. The biggest issue I have had is people trying to steal it. I am about to drop some money on the truck for improvements to the Turbo and Transmission from Banks Power. I figure that will keep me happy for another 10 yrs or so. It is going to take me that long to have the money saved up for a new truck. Holy Crap! the Doctor, lawyer and pretty people crowd have messed up the diesel truck market.
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #44
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,619
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveShaft View Post
New car. 5 history reports?

What would I do? I would spend the $14 on the goddamn carfax report. Not spending it is false economy.

that it three posts for someone to suggest it. But FWIW, I have a buddy who made a lucrative career out of fixing high end euro cars that were damaged in shipment/dinged on the sales lot.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #45
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
Dark colored heat sink trucks in the AZ desert. Did you get dark interiors too? You two must be as blonde as the day is long.
You know Arizona means "land of white pick ups" in Navaho, right?

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: