Oddometer: 29
Nice, keep it coming

IBA #8568
one2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #17
liltravelerforever OP
das Baby

Oddometer: 17
Laugh Part 2 of the second part of my amazing journey! (colorado)

Before I go on to my other western adventures I would first like to finish my New Mexico adventure summary so to start I would love to show you a picture of the not so famous but definitely should be Bobcat Bite.

If you ever come across this place PLEASE go inside and enjoy yourself a burger!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~ so that pretty much is the last of new mexico now! lets move onto Colorado ~~~~~~~~~

Colorado was possibly the best part of the entire trip. The people are amazing! They are very friendly! I remember first getting into Colorado and my mouth just hung open in awe. I was shocked at just how gorgeous it is there!! Everything there is just beautiful. Our first stop was Montrose. If anyone is from there or has been there let me tell yah that the KOA there is spectacular!! Except for when the guy doesnt turn off the nighttime sprinklers.... but it still was an amazing experience. And for all those wondering if we dared to ride the million dollar highway I must crush all of your little hopes and tell you that no we did not ride the million dollar highway. BUT we did go on something that was pretty sweet but that I will save for another state. So listen up!

What I noticed about Colorado is that you have to see it to believe it. Pictures don't tell all but hell they sure do look good! I was so excited to be the photographer because it's amazing to look at the vast difference between a photograph and the real deal. I loved taking pictures in Colorado they really just blew me away. There is just so much there that not even pictures can capture it! Here is one from when we were on our way to Montrose.

So as we twisted and turned through out the large mountains of Colorado my mom asked me a question. 'Do you want to stop riding now? or would you like to continue to Montrose?' What was my answer? Well first I pondered. 'well my butt really hurts I'm hungry and thirsty and slightly tired and i kinda wanna go swimming BUT I am having a heck of a good time out here.' so with those thoughts in mind I raised my voice and told her to continue onward to Montrose! We put over 500 miles on that day. So lets just say my butt was sore! I found some relief though when our KOA had a pool(: If you ask my parents about what all happened at the Montrose KOA they will tell you about a festival with some very strange looking yoga people and of course guitar boy.
After a magical musical night compliments of the oh so handsome guitar boy and a soaking wet sleep from some sprinklers that someone had forgotten to turn off we woke up slightly later that morning to get breakfast and explore our surroundings. One surrounding in particular. It's a cute little town nestled in the U - shaped mountain valley of Colorado. It's name is Telluride. It's like a little town out of the story books and the mountains surrounding you almost remind you of a mythical place that probably doesn't even exist but it does. Our first stop in Telluride was the Gondola or whatever. It's like a ski lift that took us to the top of one of the mountains. After we got out and was saluted with the whole surfs up dude kinda guy we headed off on a tiny trail that lead to the prettiest view in Colorado. Now I must warn you this photo contains sheer and utter beauty and was taken by hand so please try not to stare at it!!!!!!!

so please stay tuned for the rest of my colorado journey till then stayyyyyyyyyyy cool
Old 04-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #18
liltravelerforever OP
das Baby

Colorado (continued)

So this is the continued portion of my adventures in Colorado......... I'd certainly say that Colorado was my first love. As ridiculous as that sounds it's true. Colorado was like a romantic love story for me. The winding roads that held pure elegance reminded me of a princess and the mountains were her prince. As lame as that probably sounds it's true. Colorado to me will always be like every cheesy love story possible. It's weird how one place can have such a large affect on a person. It's amazing though how long one person can live there all of their lives and not see how absolutely gorgeous it is. It's almost like they take advantage of it. Now I'm not saying this about everyone but I mean it's true. Most people do not see how beautiful their own home is. So hopefully these photo's will show you what I mean by how gorgeous this place is...

[IMG] photo ROADTRIP2012223_zpsbb728077.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG] photo ROADTRIP2012219_zps6a12361d.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG] photo ROADTRIP2012241_zps8845a3c7.jpg[/IMG]

One thing I liked about Colorado was Guitar boy and I'm sure if he's reading this right now he probably forgot who I am but I didn't forget him. He was an amazing guitar player. He'd stay out late at night and serenade the stars with his beautiful notes. Now i know I have mentioned him before but I thought I'd mention him again This campground is where I saw guitar boy and this picture is pretty sweet just because and the just because is a secret that I will not tell

I can certainly say that Colorado will enchant you. It will put you in a world you never thought had existed. My problem is that I had to leave. I didn't want to but I had to. So I decided to take it with me and hold it in my heart forever and share a little bit of my Colorado with you. That's all for this installment of Colorado. Come back next time for a little bit of life from Utah. Peace Love and Motorcylces
Old 06-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #19
liltravelerforever OP
das Baby

It's a Dry Heat....

So Utah huh? Sure it's gorgeous but hot diggity dog is it hot!! but dont worry its just a dry heat. It's not so bad said no one! Har Har! So enough with the toshing! it's actually really beautiful in Utah i really liked it! Of course it doesnt add up to the love of my life that is Colorado but I mean its up there for sure!!! One thing I just loved was the Moab Brewery! I'm not sure if the only reason I liked it was because of the fact that I was super hot and hungry so maybe then everything was delicious to me but hot dog was it good! That cheese enchalada? DAMN you gotta get some! And their rootbeer?! OFF THE HOOK! So please all of you avid and intense motorcyclists get on your bikes and put balls to the walls to get some of that rootbeer from the Moab Brewery. Your head will be spinning just by how amazingly good it is and I aint yanking your chain.
They have beer there as well by the way not just rootbeer. So keep calm and drink on!!! but not too much please it's not safe to drink alcoholic beverages and ride a motorcycle or any motorized vehicle for that matter. I'm serious. I dont really feel like having some cotton headed ninny nuggens run into me for being drunk and breaking my motorcycle. That would definitely make me angry and I am like the hulk when i am angry so do not make me angry.

I shall continue this later my fellow adventure riders.. i have a top secret mission to complete. Its some serious shiznit. Auf Wiedersehen!!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #20
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,323
good rr, keep it coming!

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #21
liltravelerforever OP
das Baby

Thumbs down Sad News

So I recently got the computer back that i have been doing my ride reports on. I was of course ecstatic by the whole ordeal until soon I came to realize that every single one of my photo's have disappeared... SO fingers crossed that my lovely mother and father made the wise decision to keep the photos other wise I'm on a one way trip up shit's creek that's for sure.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #22
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
we are very honored and touched that you have chosen to share the story of your brother and family here. I am a pediatrician and last year I lost for patients in my practice... Cancer, accidents, overdoses... I've been doing this for 25 years and it's impossible to ever numb myself from the effects of such tragedies. I know how therapeutic it can be for you to share your story with us here in each and every one of us who sees these pictures and reads your words can see a little bit of Bryce in each and every one of them.

please continue to share this with us. Know that the thoughts and prayers of me and all the others here with you and your family and I hope you can find some solace in your postings here and in your plans for the future. The very best to you and your family, always.
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #23
liltravelerforever OP
das Baby

What's to Come?

I was enlightened by the whole experience of this trip. It really made me want to keep doing what I was doing. It made me want to share it with all of you as well. I thought at first the whole passenger thing would be a piece of cake but it really isn't. It is actually really exhausting. I -as a passenger- am my father's back up eyes. If he doesn't see the deer ahead of us then I will. I give him a few quick taps on the shoulder and he immediately knows there's a lurking danger ahead. One tap usually means that I have to empty my bladder. Two tap's usually mean that I just saw something really sweet. Usually when my dad grabs my knee and points it means that I need to use my amazing photography skills. Are we motoryclists forming a new culture if we haven't already?
Old 09-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #24
liltravelerforever OP
das Baby

Revelation.

I had a revelation today. As well as a realization. First off- I did not actually explain whats to come on my last post. I pretty much blabbered on to you all about my thoughts. So, I apologize to anyone who was actually anticipating whats to come in my "adventurous" life. If you really would like to know what is to come please continue reading at a later time. Otherwise you could read my revelation (if you do so please to call it that even) and then continue to read my future posts. Without further a due I present my most recent (what you may call it I do not care) revelation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I recently was involved in a car accident. This one was my fault and it was my second one. This certainly hit me pretty hard (pun may or may not be intended) . I was put through a stage of not wanting to drive or even thinking about setting foot on a motorcycle. I figured if I cant drive well enough not to crash then who's gonna say that I'm not gonna hurt someone? The thought of hurting someone made me honestly want to cry and cry I did. I gave up on a lot of dreams that day. I told myself I wouldn't get back up and try. I'd just let myself go. A very special person told me that I shouldn't give up that I shouldn't just let myself go. I didn't believe her at first but then she mentioned someone's name. That one name was enough to tell me that I am strong and that I can get back up. I realized though that if I ride like lightning I am gonna crash like thunder and that certainly did happen. I thought I was invincible when I drove. That of course was untrue. and that's when I crashed. I got up though. Twice, to be exact. Don't tell yourself you can't. Don't tell yourself you're not pretty enough or skinny enough or a good enough rider. One day just look in the mirror and write down everything you think you can not stand about yourself then throw that list away because in the real world none of that matters. You are as good of a rider as you make yourself to be. You are as good as you make yourself to be. If you only put in half the effort your not going to get more in return. Your going to get half maybe even less. So stand up. Right now. Stand up and tell the world no tell society to shut the heck up. Tell society that you don't care about what THEY want you to be. You care about what you want to be. Then come back and remember that for as long as you shall live. You are impeccably beautiful, a skillful tactful and amazingly adventurous rider and perfectly imperfect. Don't ever give up on what matters the most to you. Please.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #25
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,595
Thumb

i found your story late! however, i have enjoyed and look forward to more. not only do you take some very good pics, but you tell a good story too! too bad about your car accidents...my advice to you is ride a motorcycle instead. The skills learned in riding will transfer to your driving habits too. you'll never find a rider that will disagree. and thank to you, i now must visit telluride....

also, so sorry for the loss of your brother
Old 10-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #26
liltravelerforever OP
das Baby

Pissed It's a dry heat.

Have you ever gone somewhere and looked back at your travels and thought 'Man, was I dreaming?' because you are left in such awe of the place you traveled to? I'm not sure about the majority of you but that's how I feel everyday looking back at my previous adventures. Utah especially is one place that got me good.

[IMG][/IMG]

Riding through Utah was almost as if I was riding through one huge theater the way everything seemed to bounce off each other in the canyons. I also love the fact that from certain points you can see the road go on for miles. It's terrifying in thought yet beautiful in sight if you can understand that. It's almost deceiving how long the roads go on for. It almost as if the road looks close enough to reach but as soon as you go to grab it, it stretches out another 100 miles of scorching hot pavement for you to wonder upon and find your destination.

[IMG][/IMG]

102 was the top temperature it reached that day. It was 102 mind killing degrees. For me at least. I'm a wisconsinite we don't know heat. By the time we reached our destination in Moab my brain was fried. Literally. Heat exhaustion comes easy for us northerners although my mother and father were fine. I was not. I had decided that after we set up our tents I'd take a cool shower and relax. That was until my mom mention food. F.O.O.D. a four letter word that will lighten any teenagers dark mood. I love food. I mean LOVE food. At that point I was in full riding gear in record time and ready to chow down some good old grub. (writing this now I realize that my mindset now is much more mature than it was. just thought I would share that random observation) The Moab Brewery held our sights. I ordered a delicious cheese enchilada thing and some root beer, and man that was amazing. So by the end of the night we attempted sleep in our FIRST EVER AND ONLY crappy KOA. Some may like the constant movement and chatter of people but if I'm camping I want silence. Not people showing up at 1am ruining my sleep and blinding me with headlights. So sleep that night was not a plus.

I believe I wrote enough for now. I shall be back soon more than likely with more photo's from Utah
Old 11-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #27
liltravelerforever OP
das Baby

Eek Bryce Canyon

Bryce Canyon was a definite must see. For those of you who may of forgotten, Bryce was a very important person to me and I lost him so in hearing about Bryce Canyon, I knew I had to go. With slightly cooler temperatures and the sounds of classic fifties rock blasting through the speakers of my headphones, we were off on our journey to see one of the dearest held natural monuments (at least to us) in the entire state of Utah.

We hadn't actually really ever seen an actual canyon before so the whole experience was new and fulfilling. Bryce Canyon, orange and beautiful, stood before us in an unusual and beautiful manner. It was almost like it was sent here from Mars. We all know, however, that it was not sent to us from Mars but it was sent to us from a violent force that has created the rest of the Earth. Bryce Canyon, though, is settled in and calm.

Entering Bryce Canyon we paid a heart wrenching price. Who knew park rangers would charge two motorcycles as 2 vehicles and then charge the 8 wheeler as one? Stupid ugly butts. That was only a small bump in the rest of the journey. We were soon greeted with the hustle and bustle of actual civilization, this could also be called tourism. Older folks on Goldwings living the last of their hopeful dreams scattered themselves throughout the park. They took pictures, their flash permanently embedding their minds with this picture of such a beautiful place as well as such a beautiful life. Perfect families on vacation with cargo shorts on and pastel shirts smiling brighter than the sun fill in around us. This scene isnt like us. We're the loner type. We usually don't embrace the scene of tourism. In fact we hate it. We go where others wish not to. We enjoy it nonetheless. This is a shocking experience for all of us. However, when we saw Bryce Canyon for the first time. The tourists could have vanished. They didn't matter. All that mattered was the prized beauty stretching out before us. Miles and miles of orange rock formations were sprawled out seemingly never ending. So delicate yet strong and quietly violent. Specs of green lay under the orange rock holding vegetation. It was breathtaking.

[IMG][/IMG]

and there you have it. Bryce Canyon..

liltravelerforever screwed with this post 11-28-2013 at 06:15 PM
liltravelerforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #28
Tropic-Of-Canada
Thread Derailleur

Oddometer: 843
Keep on Keepin' on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltravelerforever View Post
Have you ever gone somewhere and looked back at your travels and thought 'Man, was I dreaming?'
Yes, I have! For me it was the Arctic back in July! It was the first extended trip I ever did, and everytime I add to my report, it takes me back with very vivid memories! I can see how Bryce Canyon could do that to a person.

Loss is always hard to deal with, riding seems to help. It's a way of assuring yourself that life goes on, and there is so much out there to live for!

Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself, I like your fun writing style! Nice RR!
Tropic-Of-Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #29
liltravelerforever OP
das Baby

Talking Makin' Pals

I love animals. Which could very well be taken up as a commonly found trait of some humans. I am an animal lover and I dont care if it's stereotypical. So throughout our journey I stumbled across a quite a few critters. These varied from roadkill to stray cats. I mean I saw a lot. In Utah, I believe it was our last day there, we were at a gas station just chilling before a long hot day of riding. We looked over and saw a HUGE gecko! It was just chillin in the sun not giving a crap what people thought. So as we laughed about how cute the little guy was we came across a group of adorable chipmunks scurrying about around us. I named one Alvin and the rest The Chipmunks.

[IMG][/IMG]

That little guy is Alvin. They were just so cute! They lived under a flat that was just hanging out outside.

After seeing Alvin we became more aware of our surroundings. This is where we came across Jack. Jack the Gecko. (i named him btw)

[IMG][/IMG]

So that's Jack. A total cutie pie I wanted to take him home really really bad but my mom said he would end up dying on the way so I couldn't I actually named him Jack because it kind of reminded me of the titanic. Haha. Call me a nerd but it was a pretty close thing there. We actually met a lot of other people as in humans along the way but I am positive I have mentioned them and I don't have any pictures of them :/
Old 02-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #30
liltravelerforever OP
das Baby

Pissed Devil Goes Down to Georgia

I am in an ongoing battle with my computer and Adventure Rider. Fear not my friends for I am here

I ponder too much on life. I sit and think and wonder where I'm going to be in 2 years and what I will be doing.. I hope I'm not the only one who does this. I hope most other people do.. I over think everything. Where should I turn? What classes should I take? Why, in my 17 years of living, have I not done something outrageous and crazy? Why is the grass green? I mean seriously it is an endless stream of thoughts indecisive and relatively stupid. When I'm on the motorcycle though it all kinda goes away. It's like my racing thoughts come to a sudden halt and I'm left with a clean mind (not to say that it was dirty to begin with for all you weirdos out there) It's like that episode of SpongeBob where Squidward tells Spongebob to clear his mind so he does and he gets really good at fine dining.. Until he forgets his name and goes ballistic. It's sorta similar for me except I'm not practicing fine dining and I don't go completely insane because I can actually remember my name. That may have been an incredibly childish example but it's true.

Last summer (summer of 2013) we made our way down to Georgia. Our journey down was more than interesting. The further south you got in Indiana the thicker the southern accents got. It was almost like a line was placed in the state. It made me chuckle We eventually made it to Kentucky and stopped at a less than perfect Waffle House where there was poor service and some people smoking cigarettes next to a small child. I had my first taste of grits that day. I surprisingly enjoyed them. That waffle house though was not it was all cracked up to be. The next morning we left early to get a head start for Tennessee. It felt like ages before we got there but when we did I fell in love. We stayed in a place called Telico Plains and stayed there for a couple of days. On the day we arrived at the campground the office lady was gone and left us a note. We got to pick our campsite and we hand to slide our money under the door. She was at a wedding in Jacksonville if i recall right. Later that day after setting up camp a few more people arrived. I directed them to the correct areas and gave them directions. I should have gotten paid... I met an adorable dog who wouldn't shut up named Panda. She ran wild but belonged to someone who lived next door.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thats her and I I kinda was amazed with the smokey mountains. They were beautiful. The way the fog would rise and stay there. In the morning the sunrise set behind the haze looking glorious greeting us for the day. I probably sound like a total cheeseball but I guess I'm okay with that... More to come my fellow inmates.. I'm out!!!!