Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #31
AZ Desert Dog
AZ Desert Dog

Oddometer: 82
Awesome ride reports! You have captured the west very well. I am a transplanted New Englander and I fell in love with the west 15 years ago on a trip. Haven't left since. It's been like a 15 year long vacation. Hopefully by the time you guys finally thaw out up there you'll be riding again.
AZ Desert Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #32
knobbyjoe
knobbyjoe

Oddometer: 467
Just found your cool ride report. Your writing is intriguing and I was drawn to keep reading. I also drifted to my own memories about rides, friends and places that left an imprint. Not everyone can write and stir emotions that way. I encourage you to write more, your good at it and it's enjoyable reading.
knobbyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:35 PM   #33
Honkey Cat
Tailights Fade!

Oddometer: 1,065
Great RR thanks for the read
Old 03-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #34
liltravelerforever OP
das Baby

Oddometer: 17
Laugh This Post Doesn't Have Pictures.

My life is an ongoing adventure with long winter breaks in between. If this were a perfect world I would be riding through a winter that held the same feelings as summer. Living in Wisconsin, we face some difficult challenges getting through winter. This winter has been the most harsh I have ever seen it. A couple days ago the temperatures reached a record high for the year. It was heartwarming to see a few bikes out on the roads. Claustrophobia has been getting the best of all of us in our home. Short tempers and easy frustration due to the lack of travel have been getting the best of us and WE NEED TO RIDE!!!!! I think Adventure Rider is what keeps me from going totally insane. A place to express your feelings and passion for something is all this world needs I've been involved in the only cool thing circulating through this paper town. Freedom of press in the highschools. We recently published an article on a very controversial subject and in turn our school paper must be looked over by our principal and board director. Though it may not seem too bad. It really is. I believe they are scared to let our minds soar beyond the paper perfect life. A wrinkle in the paper to them can kill the fragile minds of the juveniles. However, the ability for a student body to reach out to there fellow peers is heroic.
This small event is the only exciting part of my monotonous winter life. However, summer livens me up. The open road leading me to a temporary life better than the one I'm leading. The beauty of it is the fact that it'll be over before you know it. It will allow you to appreciate it more, and trust me you will. I've been to a lot of places in my life. I've seen a lot of things. Good and bad. Nothing compares to that of a summer road trip on a motorcycle headed to Nowhere, USA and then coming home and sharing it with people who question your mental stability for doing something so crazy.
It's weird how one two-wheeled motorized vehicle can make someone feel so at home and still yet (despite the oddities) its the only thing that makes me feel the most alive. I feel like my writing doesn't even come close to describing the feeling I get on that motorcycle. I remember on a hot day in Georgia my mother and I were looking for some desserts. We had heard of this pie place in a small town with a single railroad track running through it just like the movies. Houses, small and worn, are scarce throughout the town. A gas station on the corner was our first stop. It was small and not very clean. It had a restaurant joined in, it claimed to have " The Best Fried Chicken Around!" It was a total ma and pa shop. After some calculations on my mothers dinosaur phone we found the perfect pie stop in town. We made our way down the street to a quiet road. The shop was small and it wasn't air conditioned. Before entering an old man in his late sixties stopped to talk to us. I never got his name. Nor did I get the pie shops name. I was too concerned with the gentle beauty of a simple man in a small town that the world didn't even know existed. I remember he was in a pastel shirt and black pants, his hair done neatly. The old man walked alone. He was a cheerful, happy. We stopped and made small talk. "Where are y'all from?" "You like pie?" " When I was young..." That man talked for what seemed like forever while my family and I scorched in the hot Georgia sun. I felt bad though, his wife had died some years ago and now the poor old guy's alone. The fact that he's still happy and smiling amazes me. So finally we got our pie and made our way to the east coast. His happy smile soon drifting from thought and lodging itself into my memory. I wish I would have gotten a picture of him.

The world treated us well last summer.