ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Kent Glasscock OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Moving to Salt Lake City...

I hope sometime between April and June. I'm working in the Northeast area and was wondering any of you know some good mechanics/dealerships to check out for my KLR 650. And, if you happen to know of some good areas/neighborhoods to rent a home out in the country somewhere that would be cool also. Thanks!
Kent Glasscock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
ScottG
Razor Sharp

Oddometer: 264
Welcome to Utah. I don't know who to refer you as far as mechanics/dealers for your KLR but there are a lot of good Utards that are willing to lend a hand and/or advise you. I have a rental home in Taylorsville, Utah and my renters lease is up next month. They haven't told me if they are going to re-up or not yet. So let me know when you get closer to moving maybe I can help find you a place. I also have a few other connections for rental homes. What areas are you interested living?
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
mylsmkj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 924
I'm a ST rider and maybe you'll have better luck, but I've never had any Wasatch Front guys offer to go for a ride, and I've put at least 4 threads out there...even though there are hundreds of miles of ST up there. Maybe with a KLR you'll be more successful! If you come to Moab I'll point you in the right direction for ADV fun with your KLR though. Colorado guys are always willing to help and/or ride!

I'm guessing I won't get any help or riding buddies after this post either!

mylsmkj screwed with this post 01-11-2013 at 11:05 AM
mylsmkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
mylsmkj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 924
There is also the "Utards: Who's riding what" thread, and my guess is that they'll help out.

mylsmkj screwed with this post 01-11-2013 at 03:08 PM
mylsmkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #5
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer: 1,484
http://www.southvalleymotorsports.com/

You will find good service at this dealership if you need to take it somewhere. I would strongly advise staying away from some of the others. How close to SLC do you need to be? Out in the country is hard in an urban area surrounded by mountains that are public lands. If you don't mind being ~40 miles out Heber City and surrounding areas are nice. There is Park City if you have the means. If you like the desert there is open space around Tooele. I live in town. Most of the valley is habitable. The east or SW sides of SLC are the best areas.

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylsmkj View Post
I'm a ST rider and maybe you'll have better luck, but I've never had any Wasatch Front guys offer to go for a ride, and I've put at least 4 threads out there...even though there are hundreds of miles of ST up there. Maybe with a KLR you'll be more successful! If you come to Moab I'll point you in the right direction for ADV fun with your KLR though. Colorado guys are always willing to help and/or ride!

You are not looking in the right places for riding partners. http://motoutah.com/

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Oddometer: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylsmkj View Post

Its just that riding with you is worse than alcohol in that anyone who joins you will probably be beat up, expensive things broken, and gettting home late...so the typical Utard will avoid you like the plague...that is just my experience though, others opinions my vary!