Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
kusaj OP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
new to BMW R1150GSA

Hi there,
how are you all doing? I thought I will send here a message as I recently bough a gsa 2003 model. I still haven't seen the bike as is at home in Slovakia and I am still in New Zealand, but finally in May my eyes will set on the beauty and my legs will wrap tenderly around her. ;)
Anyway, my partner and I traveled most of the Europe on Suzuki VZ800 and took it to such places that GS is made for. It really stinks to clean your cooler out of mud all the time and be pissed off with overheating ;)
So GS it is.
I just wanted to introduce myself here a bit and ask for advice what should be done to stock bike to take it to road/offroad travels as we wanna go to Middle East, Kazachstan and such. I've been through heaps of pages and sites and got mixed info. So you might be able to point me to right directions, as you have much more knowledge in this area and I have still milk dripping down my chin.
I usually serviced and fixed my bikes, but always with the good old hanbook manual in hand, without it I'd be lost.
When talking about introducing, my name is Mario and am from Slovakia. Last 5 years have been living in NZ with my kiwi partner and roamed roads of both islands on 1982 XV750, which I had to sell just the other day as we are leaving for EU.
I work as a tattoo artist so if ya guys are keen on some ink while in EU give us a yell, and i will come on the gs and hopefully by then my tattoo toolbox will be modified to fit on its rear rack haha
cheers for all the info!!!!!!
kind regards
Mario
http://www.facebook.com/Inkedbymario
kusaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
everycredit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusaj View Post
Hi there,
how are you all doing? I thought I will send here a message as I recently bough a gsa 2003 model. I still haven't seen the bike as is at home in Slovakia and I am still in New Zealand, but finally in May my eyes will set on the beauty and my legs will wrap tenderly around her. ;)
Anyway, my partner and I traveled most of the Europe on Suzuki VZ800 and took it to such places that GS is made for. It really stinks to clean your cooler out of mud all the time and be pissed off with overheating ;)
So GS it is.
I just wanted to introduce myself here a bit and ask for advice what should be done to stock bike to take it to road/offroad travels as we wanna go to Middle East, Kazachstan and such. I've been through heaps of pages and sites and got mixed info. So you might be able to point me to right directions, as you have much more knowledge in this area and I have still milk dripping down my chin.
I usually serviced and fixed my bikes, but always with the good old hanbook manual in hand, without it I'd be lost.
When talking about introducing, my name is Mario and am from Slovakia. Last 5 years have been living in NZ with my kiwi partner and roamed roads of both islands on 1982 XV750, which I had to sell just the other day as we are leaving for EU.
I work as a tattoo artist so if ya guys are keen on some ink while in EU give us a yell, and i will come on the gs and hopefully by then my tattoo toolbox will be modified to fit on its rear rack haha
cheers for all the info!!!!!!
kind regards
Mario
http://www.facebook.com/Inkedbymario
Welcome, Mario!
everycredit is offline   Reply With Quote