User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #31
Gasman_ADV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Domasura

what do you do with your pics you take on a ride........do you have a site/page where we can view them??

thx
A.
Gasman_ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #32
bikerbilly
throwing a leg over

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman_ADV View Post
Domasura

what do you do with your pics you take on a ride........do you have a site/page where we can view them??

thx
A.
Ditto.......

2012 Husaberg FE 570................2004 KTM Adventure 950
bikerbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #33
Tjilpi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Thanks for that; almost made an expat Aussie homesick seeing all those familiar roads.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:24 AM   #34
masterbrewer OP
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,576

Personally, I thought they were the best scenic Fleurieu tracks possible ..................... apart from Conman & NoGasmans' excitement ...... obviously not enough to impress

masterbrewer screwed with this post 01-19-2013 at 02:51 AM
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:36 AM   #35
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonsura View Post
That's weird - I was comparing the specs side by side for the 450 Oregon and the 650 Montana directly from the Garmin website on two separate tabs while I wrote that post, and the Montana specs definitely showed smaller screen dimensions at the time - I even thought about copy pasting it into the post then - looks like I should have as they seem to have changed (no shit - I even got the missus to come and check it as it didn't even seem right to me, but thats what it said!)
Oh well. I was wrong on that point then. Wouldn't have been the first time :) (Although this time I had help from Garmin)
PERSONALLY it wouldn't make enough of a difference to cough up the extra, as that extra size of the Montana makes it just a little more unwieldy IMHO and while landscape view would be nice I'm not sure it would make enough difference (to me) whilst riding to make it that much easier to read (to spend $300 extra). Each to their own though. Maybe they'll come down in price drastically like the Oregon did......(straight after I bought the bloody thing )
montana has the option of a li ion battery and can also be mounted and wired properly to a powered mount
Old 01-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #36
Domonsura
Mad Bastard

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman_ADV View Post
Domasura

thx
A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerbilly View Post
Ditto.......
Mostly I get home, put the camera in office and forget about them for a couple of days. Then when I do get to them, my wife reminds me that I have 'WORK' to do, and I never get a chance to get back to them.......lol
I did take a couple of OK ones, but haven't had chance for more than a quick look. Ditto with the Gopro footage. I'll get there....
Domonsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #37
Domonsura
Mad Bastard

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
montana has the option of a li ion battery and can also be mounted and wired properly to a powered mount
No 'powered' mount for the Oregon, but hardwire power/data cable is available - I'm just about to put one on the Super Enduro. I already have a RAM mount and cradle for the GPS, so it's effectively the same thing.
The Oregon also has both a NimH Battery pack available, but I already use NimH rechargeables so not really any point.

My point was, most of the things Garmin makes a song and dance and dance about on the Montana in order to make you buy the newest model - also exist on the Oregon, as it's also not a particularly old model and they share very very similar operating systems. They're not exactly the same no - but in my opinion you're not getting that much more for having paid twice as much for the Montana, and the Oregon may be an appropriate model for those who want those sorts of features (as opposed to a 60 series Garmin) without having to come up with $600 or more.
Wait 12-24 months, and the Montana will be replaced with something even more 'wonderful' and the ass will drop out of it's pricing.
THEN it will be a GREAT buy!..... :)
Domonsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #38
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 12,660
Thanks for the report!
Most of us North Americans LOVE seeing summer while it's winter here!
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #39
AdvRich
Parallel Reality

Oddometer: 1,568

Great country shots there MB!