User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
Hennepinboy OP
Have battery will travel.

Oddometer: 446
Cycra Probend on a R1200GSA

Has anyone attempted to install a set of Cycra Probend hand guards on a R1200GSA? Before I order a set I want to make sure that there is enough clearance for the levers and the brake/clutch master cylinders. My plan is to drill and tap the 12mm bolts down the center for a M8, for the end of the bar mounting faster.
I have a extra set of Moose Racing hand guards and they are too small in both the bend and the length to adapt to the GSA.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
Osmin C
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Not sure about Probends but AdvDesigns is selling a set of Cycra handguards built for the GS. $199

Here is the link.

http://www.advdesigns.com/cyheduhagu.html
Osmin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
justinallen03
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
done it to a GS, but...

also installed some different bars. I would think it would work...you'll need some 1" or so spacers at the handlebar clamps to allow the bars to clear the cylinders. I made some from AL tubing, but ended up buying them from Cycra (sold on their website as an accy. Cheap, although pretty crude).

As for modding the bolts:
If you have a much cooler shop then I do (which isn't hard ), then it may be easy for you to drill and tap the bolts. I was not too good at finding a robust way to hold the bolt concentric to the drill press chuck (wood blocks kept splitting while drilling, that SS was pretty tough).

Instead, I opted to bore out the cycra bar hole to fit the 12mm bolt through, then chucked the bolts in the drill press and ground the head to be rounded, and the widest diameter not spill over the bar. I drilled out some extra M12 flat head bolts to use as tapered washers between the bar end weight and cycra bar.
justinallen03 is offline   Reply With Quote