User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
AllBlack OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
R 1200 GS ESA problem

Hello there. Has any body had a problem with the compliance of their ESA equipped GS?

My bike is less then 1 year old and done 18,500km on the roads only.

Lately I notice the front end getting very busy on occasions and giving road imperfection feedback where previously it would simply glide over these. Comfort has been replaced with a poor quality ride.

On the last couple of rides it has become very harsh on occasions and I could swear I had ridden over corrugations that really aren't there.

I little oil is also apparent on the front fork sliders.

Frustratingly it seems to be an internment fault where at times it definitely is (excuse the pun) a shocker. At other times you could be forgiven in thinking it has gone away.

We've had some hot days in NZ lately and its during a hot rides I've noticed it most. This could be a red hearing.

It will be referred to my dealer but Im seeking any feedback due to the interminent nature of the prblem
AllBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
SiouxsieCat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
When the front ESA shock went out on my '11 GSA, the obvious tell-tale sign was hydraulic fluid on the front of my engine case and on the back of the front fender. The other thing I noticed was that it felt like I had low tire pressure and the front was going to slide out from under me on corners. As well, the springy front-end. I continued to ride it (carefully) for a week until I got it to the dealer.
No issues when travelling in a straight, flat line. Mine went bad during winter (cold).
The dealer had to get permission from BMW to replace this under warranty (due to expense, I imagine). BMW permission took 1 day, the dealer had one in stock, and it was replaced within the week.

SiouxsieCat screwed with this post 03-10-2013 at 08:10 AM
SiouxsieCat is offline   Reply With Quote