Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #31
lukeinlondon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 431
Alright! Got the top box fitted and the exhaust on..so far..very good!

Battery is dying so got an Odysee on the way with the mods done to fit

Does anyone else bash their left shins when changing gears? Not sure if the last guy lowered them...
lukeinlondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #32
Mr.Mushman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Here are a couple of pictures of my set up. Pretty much stock, a couple of "mods" but nothing fancy. The racks for the side cases have been removed and it gives it "a slicker" look. On my list of things to get, a BMW top case. Red was NOT my first choice but it really grew on me and now I just love the way it looks and what an amazing bike to ride ! ! ! I also have the passenger seat I'll take a couple of pictures with it tomorrow. As I mentioned the bike came with a Bill Mayer Saddle, I rode it up to Ojai, they reshaped the seat to my specs and it's been a very comfortable ride eve since ...

Congrats on getting your bike ! ! now you just have to post pictures ...

Mr.Mushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #33
lukeinlondon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

NICE pictures!! might be interested in doing that ride to Ojai especially if i can get the seat custom built around me, how much did you pay for that? (pm me if you want)

What windscreen is that? It looks bigger than the stock, which hits me about eye level when i use my lowered seat..

which leads me to my next question!

I have the stock seat and i got a lowered seat, the lowered seat feels better but if i am going to get work done on the seat does it matter which one i use? (if they are going to just use the pan anyway? The orig' seat has those two metal bars which can be adjusted (not sure what for) so that might be the better choice? but then selling the stock seat would presumable fetch more?

pics to follow
Old 02-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #34
lukeinlondon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

how long did it take the side racks off? might be nice to loose some weight cause a lot of my riding i wont be using them..
Old 02-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #35
lukeinlondon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

out with the old

and in with the new!

lukeinlondon screwed with this post 02-01-2013 at 10:48 PM
Old 02-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #36
lukeinlondon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

on order..

Odysee 535 battery modded with Wunderlich bracket
Accelerator Module from Europe

next orders..

Bagster Tank Cover (tempted by the 30th Ann colors but put off by having white and it getting dirty)
Fog and Headlight HiD kit $115
Wunderlich Screen Extendor $120
Wunderlich Handlebar bag (although apparently for '10's its not a great fit) $65
Seat (?)
Old 02-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #37
Mr.Mushman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeinlondon View Post
NICE pictures!! might be interested in doing that ride to Ojai especially if i can get the seat custom built around me, how much did you pay for that? (pm me if you want)

What windscreen is that? It looks bigger than the stock, which hits me about eye level when i use my lowered seat..

which leads me to my next question!

I have the stock seat and i got a lowered seat, the lowered seat feels better but if i am going to get work done on the seat does it matter which one i use? (if they are going to just use the pan anyway? The orig' seat has those two metal bars which can be adjusted (not sure what for) so that might be the better choice? but then selling the stock seat would presumable fetch more?

pics to follow
Hello lukeinla

An Ojai ride sounds great to me ! ! ! One of the things that came with the bike was a Z Technik V-Stream screen that I think is great and much better than the factory screen in my opinion. Switched a couple of times between the two and ended up with the Z Technik over the original for a couple of different reasons. In terms of your seat, they will use the original pan, custom fit the foam to your specs and give you a choice of different finishes on the seat. Since mine was already a BMS they just reshaped it, used the same cover and it cost me $80.00, I hang out at their shop for a couple of hours met a couple GSA and KTM riders and had a fun time . I also have a set of Rox risers that I have not gotten around to install yet but that's next on my list ...

Here it is with the passenger seat on. From what I understand it is real comfortable

I still have not found a bad angle on the bike when taking a picture ...

It is such a beautiful machine ...
Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #38
lukeinlondon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

with the stock screen i get air in the eye level and buffeting..is the Z taller? It looks great, hard to find info about they don't seem to have any dealers in the US..what model is it ? S, M or L..how tall are you?
Old 02-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #39
lukeinlondon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

p.s

my engine emergency light came on and the bike won't start...day 4 of riding..
Old 02-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #40
kimokk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeinlondon View Post
my engine emergency light came on and the bike won't start...day 4 of riding..
Do you have access to a gs-911 diagnostic tool? Maybe some local inmate might have one?
IBA #49426
kimokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #41
lukeinlondon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

dropped it off with BMW Hollywood...fixed it in an hour..all taken of by warranty..turns out the gas had gone bad in the pipes seeing as it had been sitting for so long without action..such a relief
Old 02-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #42
Mr.Mushman
Gnarly Adventurer

Great to hear and it did not cost you a dime !!! Just "a little frustration" which will disappear on your first ride ...
Old 02-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #43
SkiFly01
Govna Racepipe

Oddometer: 590
lukeinlondon Pmed you back about the GPS mounting, awesome ride you got there . I would agree with others about the mods, for the most part, get your gear down, get comfy with the bike and how it handles, and worry about mods later. You got some great riding up there in WA so go explore!
SkiFly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #44
lukeinlondon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Does that passenger seat give you lower back support? I am missing that right now..it kept me snug against the tank..will speak to Robert @Seat Concepts to find out about getting that setup for me..Long Beach BMW are ordering the Tall ZTechnik for me to come try next week, that and they have the Xtra Tall already so fingers crossed..def the best looking of the bunch..although i kind of would kick myself if i found out all i need was to add the Wunderlich Deflector at half the price
Old 02-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #45
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,225
As long as you're riding to Ojai, you might as well ride the 33 all the way over the top. great way to spend an afternoon, even in "winter"
JustKip is online now   Reply With Quote