Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #46
Mr.Mushman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
As long as you're riding to Ojai, you might as well ride the 33 all the way over the top. great way to spend an afternoon, even in "winter"
Funny you say that JustKip, I did exactely that on my way back from Ojai with my new BMS, went through Santa Paula and across to PCH, you are right it is a great ride indeed !!! Planning on doing it again real soon !!!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #47
lukeinlondon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 431
Mr Mush..

What size Ztechnik is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeinlondon View Post
how long did it take the side racks off? might be nice to loose some weight cause a lot of my riding i wont be using them..
lukeinlondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #48
Mr.Mushman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Mr Mush..

What size Ztechnik is that?
The Z Technick came with the bike and I think it's the tall one, which works great for me, maybe someone here can clarify on that ... it's adjustable on the factory mounts, I just did when I installed my Rox risers. The rack for the side cases were off when I got the bike but it doesn't look like it would take that long it's just a few nuts and bolts here and there ... Definitely lightens it up and gives the bike a slicker look. I like the aggressive look from the front it the slim look of the back ...

Old 02-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #49
lukeinlondon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

post some info on the Risers please I am looking into those..i know on my KTM they were a realtively cheap mod that made me really happy and comfortable..which ones did you go for?

p..s if you measure the screen its either 21 or 23 height..how tall are you??

your right the bike looks SICK

and for the comment earlier its London town UK, GB
Old 02-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #50
Mr.Mushman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
post some info on the Risers please I am looking into those..i know on my KTM they were a realtively cheap mod that made me really happy and comfortable..which ones did you go for?

p..s if you measure the screen its either 21 or 23 height..how tall are you??

your right the bike looks SICK

and for the comment earlier its London town UK, GB

The Rox risers are 2" and are perfect, standing up on the pegs was a little weird having to lean way forward but the risers resolved that issue, definitely changes the riding position but feels great, switched the factory mounts forward, I might try to switch them back to original just to see the difference.

Measured the Z Technick, it is the tall one at 23", I am 5'6'' and it is working fine for me.

I figured it was in GB, the weather is not really accommodating over there comparing to the So Cal weather ... You'll be able to do plenty of great riding around here. There are so many different choices and changes of terrain we are truly blessed being here ... Desert, mountain, coast line, twisties you name it ...
Old 02-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #51
lukeinlondon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Great..ordered the Large screen today and the BestRest ..its gonna be interesting..
Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #52
Mr.Mushman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Great..ordered the Large screen today and the BestRest ..its gonna be interesting..
BestRest ? Is that a pad that goes in the front of the top case for the passenger ?
Old 02-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #53
lukeinlondon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

nope

it goes where the top box goes (for passengers) and has a retractable back rest. Its called the Classic 2, if i remove the passenger seat i can attach it their for myself for the majority of my riding..solo

pics will follow..
Old 02-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #54
lukeinlondon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Old 02-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #55
tarheel rider
Tight Lines

Oddometer: 59
I spent 3 months bidding on eBay and winning while not meeting the reserve! By the time I saw an ad on Craig's list for 2011 GSA with bag's loaded and 13k miles, I knew it was a steal so I took it! Great decision and 15 miles from home! So, point being, be patient. And I was all excited about a good adventure/road trip but didn't need to do that. This is my 3rd BMW and I have found that Beemer riders take good care of them and if serviced at a dealer, they will give you a printout of the service history. Good luck!