User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
Gumbeaux OP
The Chameleon

Oddometer: 795
Giant Loop Mojavi

Anybody mounted this to the F800? How about with the BMW vario racks?

http://www.giantloopmoto.com/product...vitm-saddlebag

This little kit looks awesome for short trips. But the struggle I see is in the way the rear straps and metal hooks need something to grab on to. The straps are too short to reach down to the rear fender extension, even without an aftermarket rear rack...

Looking for ideas. Might have to rig up something different for the rear strap, cuz I really like the bags....

Interestingly, they do not have the F800 listed one their list of bikes these fit...but they have lots of other BMWs...so I guess that is a hint to me that there is no easy solution.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Casejeep
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post

This little kit looks awesome for short trips. But the struggle I see is in the way the rear straps and metal hooks need something to grab on to. The straps are too short to reach down to the rear fender extension, even without an aftermarket rear rack...

Looking for ideas. Might have to rig up something different for the rear strap, cuz I really like the bags....

Interestingly, they do not have the F800 listed one their list of bikes these fit...but they have lots of other BMWs...so I guess that is a hint to me that there is no easy solution.
if you want the bag then get get and once you get them trow them on the bike and go from there.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
toowheels
on a mission...

Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post

I'll play with set-up tomorrow of the MoJavi on the F8GS. The problem is that they are cut narrow, more for dirt bikes and the F8 is well really wide there

As for the strap and the clips you can use the clips on the rear rack too or just ignore the clips and use the strap through the rack.

Dave
Old 02-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
Gumbeaux OP
The Chameleon

Oddometer: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casejeep View Post
if you want the bag then get get and once you get them trow them on the bike and go from there.
Yup...I got it...cart before the horse because I fell in love with it. Still trying to make it fit. I fiddled with it for while...but no great solutions yet. If I come up with one I will surely post it.

Thanks toowheels for the suggestion on just running a strap through the rack on the rear....that might work.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
OlafofOregon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
BMW F800GS fitment

I use the MoJavi on our BMW F800GS all the time. Instead of using the fender hooks on the fender - as you would on a dirt bike - I simply use the hooks on my tail rack, then strap onto the passenger peg mounts. Or, if you don't have a tail rack, then use the center strap through the passenger grab rails.
OlafofOregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #6
Moto4Balance
Gas Passer

Oddometer: 24
I use the MoJavi on the F8 all the time as well. The saddlebag has put up with a few dirt naps along the way, including a few direct hits, and stays put with the way I have it mounted. I don’t have a rack on my F8, and the stock straps work well for securing the bag to the bike. My only complaint, and it’s a minor one, is the need to loosen the forward strap on the right side when fuelling—the whole process takes 30 seconds.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
stevodadevo
What happened?

Oddometer: 177
If anyone is interested in purchasing one of these, Rocky Mountain has them for $164 with free shipping!

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...53/-/-/833349/
stevodadevo is offline   Reply With Quote