User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #76
BillDRZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Rear trials tire

Wow! Never used one before and I'm impressed. Hills I usually go up in 2-3 I can crawl up in first with no spin. I do notice the weight but if you like traction it's impressive. Pirelli MT43 with UHD tube and two lite beadlocks running 8.5psi for now.
BillDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #77
reveille
Now 70% Better!

Oddometer: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayscale1 View Post
I have also experienced my 2012 not running well. Won't stay running, once it's running won't stay running when shifted into first, idle speed inconsistent, etc. I'm thrilled at the light weight and very good handling, but disappointed at how it runs.

Is it because it's fuel mapping is off, or what? Can the dealer change the fuel map and make it better? I don't have the optional race map installed, wonder if that would help? I really hate to take it to the dealer because it seems like all my dealer interactions in the last year or 2 have been counter productive to say the least, but if that's the only way to get it running right I'd do it.

If anybody has some info or help I'd be all ears.
Late to the party but I had the same issues as well. Long story but I took it to Halls Cycles and had the TXC ECU and 12 hole injector and Holy Crap this bike is flawless now.
reveille is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #78
IL adv
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Price question

Hoping for some advice. I have a chance to buy a 2012 TE310 Demo with around 400 miles on it. Its not been rode off road too much. they are asking $5200. Is this too high? Seems like it to me.

thanks
IL adv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:09 PM   #79
reveille
Now 70% Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL adv View Post
Hoping for some advice. I have a chance to buy a 2012 TE310 Demo with around 400 miles on it. Its not been rode off road too much. they are asking $5200. Is this too high? Seems like it to me.

thanks
Seems pretty good if you get a warranty to me. I paid 6k OTD for my 2012. I have about 400 miles on it now and it is barely broken in. Go for it or buy a 2012 from Countryside BMW for 6k brand new...
Old 07-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #80
IL adv
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reveille View Post
Seems pretty good if you get a warranty to me. I paid 6k OTD for my 2012. I have about 400 miles on it now and it is barely broken in. Go for it or buy a 2012 from Countryside BMW for 6k brand new...
Would I be over stepping if I asked for the warranty that comes with a new one?
Old 07-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #81
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,651
All 30 days of it (or whatever it is now, I'm sure it's short) ? No.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #82
reveille
Now 70% Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL adv View Post
Would I be over stepping if I asked for the warranty that comes with a new one?
New ones come with a 6 month warranty. If you are buying a DEMO then it should come with a warranty since to be a DEMO that means it was never titled. I would definitely ask for a warranty.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #83
kawagumby
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 846
Hi all,

I just bought an 09 with 600 miles on it - paid top dollar but it had all the extras I'd buy for it - the JD tuner, Leo Vince pipe, seat concepts seat, power up kit. The guy who had it before me crashed a lot, LOL, but plastic is no big deal. I installed the IMS 3 gal tank - fit perfect but I had to move the turn signals up to clear.

The throttle action is perfect - a very fun ride.

The bike absolutely hauls - I'm running a 47 tooth rear - first doesn't seem too high.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #84
IL adv
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reveille View Post
New ones come with a 6 month warranty. If you are buying a DEMO then it should come with a warranty since to be a DEMO that means it was never titled. I would definitely ask for a warranty.
Thank you. I still haven't decided to pull the trigger yet but trying to be informed as much as possible if I do. Is there anything else I should ask for in the deal up front. Power up kit maybe? or new injector and ECU? or things I should have them install before bringing home? Thanks
Old 08-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #85
reveille
Now 70% Better!

Where are you buying from? What dealer I mean. Are you in Illinois? If yes then unless you are buying it from Halls Cycles in Springfield I would just get the best deal you possibly can and then take it to Halls to have it powered up. The dealers near Chicago are worthless when it comes to setting up the TE310's. I just went through the ringer myself and had to learn the hard way... I opted for the TXC ECU and 12 port injector power up plan but there are other options like a Power Commander and auto tune if your heart desires. The factory detunes the crap out of the TE's to pass emissions and it renders them useless until you uncork it. YMMV
Old 08-05-2013, 05:35 AM   #86
bmah
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Thumb This Bike Rips!

I bought a 2012 TE310 from Roost Powersports in Ct. When I picked up the bike it was powered up, TXC ECU and 12-hole injector installed. (thank you Cafe Husky!) The bike has always run flawlessly and the only thing I've done to the bike is put the proper springs in the fork and shock for my weight and add protective bits. It is easily the best dirt bike I've owned!
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #87
PK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
I've got 1500 miles on my 2012 so far this year - about 65 hours.

Zero problems, zero issues. This bike has been running great since day one.

First gear is a bit tall is you want to do a lot of slow speed rock crawling, but overall I find the gearing great for trail and woods riding.
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #88
hisandhers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Te310r

Who makes a luggage rack for the 2013 and newer TE310R? Just bought a 2014 today!
hisandhers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #89
Lowflyer03
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Luggage Rack

Congratulations on your new bike, we bought two for me and her.

Luggage Rack:
http://www.adventuremotorcycleparts....CI-88-101.html
Lowflyer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #90
khale OP
ride dirty

Oddometer: 556
Tuff Lites installed on my TE310. Excited to put them to use: