ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
Maxxx OP
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Wink Getting dirty in Vegas??

Not the type of dirty normally associated with Vegas .........I'm due out in Vegas in January for the CES convention which means work pays for me to fly out from London and if I pay for my own accommodation on the night before I'm due to get there I will have a full day (Sunday 6th Jan 2013) to go play.

I've been to Vegas a couple of times in the past but normally can't get out by myself due to travel companions. I've done the "Hire a Harley" bit and ridden the strip / Valley of Fire / Red Rock Canyon / Hoover Dam and Lake Mead all on blacktop.

This time, I'd like to get dirty in the desert for the day.

I have had quotes for a day ride on Sunday 6th Jan from these 2 places:-

Admo

Trac-on

but at this point in time, I'd have to pay the "single rider" price as no-one else has signed up for a ride with either organisation on that day.

So if anyone is available and is up for a laugh - please let me know if you are interested in booking (Trac-on being my fav option at the moment) - or if you have any other suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Cheers
Maxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
oldxr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,062
The local bmw dealer has r1200gs and probably f800gs for rent there.I rented a r1200gs from them and did a 2 day ride in death valley .Very nice folks to deal with.I rode the gs like I stole it.
oldxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
feldjäger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Yes get with the guys at BMW, speak with Clay, and also talk with Kurt, they will help you out and show you some great rides around the area. FYI, there is a two day ride being put on by the BMW shop on the 5-6th to death valley so if you want to hook up with them, that's the best time. Try and get in there or call on Friday. The ride starts on the 5th with and overnight, so you can meet up with them and lay some tracks in the dirt with them on Sunday
http://www.bmwoflasvegas.com/

Clay deals with the rentals, and Kurt is organizing the trip.
feldjäger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
Maxxx OP
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Thumb Closing the loop

Thanks for the suggestions and the help. In the end I spent the day with Darryl from Trac-On riding a brilliant 450KTM that he had very kindly lowered to accommodate my 29" inside leg

I'd recommend this very highly as a day trip option and I for one would love to join a 2 day trip that he runs in the not too distant future.

A 5 minute video summary gives an idea of what it's like.

Cheers
Maxxx is offline   Reply With Quote