ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #46
Gas_Man
Like a New Man

Oddometer: 106
IN. Jack, thanks for setting this up. My first ride in the pines since 1983. Any big bikes on this ride or is it more of a single cylinder type ride?
Old 09-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #47
sallydog
no more Green KLR

Oddometer: 5,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas_Man View Post
IN. Jack, thanks for setting this up. My first ride in the pines since 1983. Any big bikes on this ride or is it more of a single cylinder type ride?
there will be lots of bikes over 1000cc
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #48
jack splash OP
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,232
Expense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVwanaB View Post
Wow! I didn't expect a condescending response from you Jack.

All I am saying is I cant afford it THIS year. and compared to all the other DS rides THIS year, the PB300 is the most expensive. Hancock, Shenandoah, Meteor, Etc...
I meant no disrespect to you, your event, or your club and have had great experiences in the past, and I have always supported the effort to keep the pine barons available for US riders.

So maybe a Dart league is in my future rather than a $20K BMW.

Good luck with your DS ride, I have plenty of tracks in the pines to follow for free.

Just Sayin'
Hey: I try to stay positive, but this set me off.

The gas to drive to Shenandoah or Hancock is more than the PB300 entry fee.

Over the years, between the enduros and DS/adv crowd, I see guys complain about the cost of the events. Yet most drive hundreds of miles, buy highend accessories, bikes and haulers to go to them. The organizers spend their own money to lay them out, and work them for free. For most organizers there's many hours of paper work for permits, and hundreds of emails and questions to answer, most of which could be answered by just reading the thread or website. Yet we do it year after year. And love it. If you don't want to spend the money, please don't complain about it on line.

My mother used to say, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything."

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com
jack splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #49
jack splash OP
Two Sheds

The Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas_Man View Post

300 + miles of sand and gravel roads.

10 or 20 miles of options, if approved.

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
Old 09-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #50
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,519
I'm in.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #51
KL_ARRR
Adventure Piggy

Oddometer: 441
Woot! Just need to put the check in the mail. Can't wait!
KL_ARRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #52
ADVwanaB
BOLD NEW AVATAR

Oddometer: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack splash View Post
Hey: I try to stay positive, but this set me off.

The gas to drive to Shenandoah or Hancock is more than the PB300 entry fee.

Over the years, between the enduros and DS/adv crowd, I see guys complain about the cost of the events. Yet most drive hundreds of miles, buy highend accessories, bikes and haulers to go to them. The organizers spend their own money to lay them out, and work them for free. For most organizers there's many hours of paper work for permits, and hundreds of emails and questions to answer, most of which could be answered by just reading the thread or website. Yet we do it year after year. And love it. If you don't want to spend the money, please don't complain about it on line.

My mother used to say, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything."

Jack
You should follow your mothers advice.

I said nothing bad. I simply stated I do not have the finances this year and that NJ politics may have something to do with it. (IE permit fees). and you took it personally. So since I am not as financially stable as you, I get attacked,,,, I would love to be able to assist you by taking time off work however not all of us have the luxury of taking off work to chase our passion so we DO rely on those of you who can and WE certainly appreciate what you do for the sport and the time and effort you put into set these things up.
You HAD no complaints from me.

However,,,
Dart league,,, Cold spaghetti, Chilli?????? listen to yourself bash me, and other clubs for what they are serving at their events.
Get over it.

I am not going to get into a pissing contest with you.

You were wrong posting what you did, and anything you say here on out, is just trying to cover over your childish mistake.

THE END.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:22 AM   #53
jack splash OP
Two Sheds

Value

Hey: After my discussion with wannabe, I wanted to see how the ADV rides stack up to each other.
Here's a comparison of the events.

Event----------PB300----------Shenandoah 500-------Hancock-----------Meteor
Two Day Cost--$160-----------$135------------------$90 / $120---------$70-$80
Total Miles-----315-- ----------300-------------------200----------------160

Includes-----Sat D/Polo Shirt---Sat B L D / Sun L D----Sat L/Sun D/TShirt--Sun L/Tshirt

The PB300 has almost twice the miles of Meteor and 100 + miles more than Hancock.
The Shen has all your meals covered and is a good deal, but for NJ riders the travel cost has to be considered.
The others cover a meal or two and include a shirt.
however, the PB300, by giving you more riding time, which I think is what most of the riders come for, is the best value.
More bang for the buck! The PB300 is also limited to 125 riders, so you can enjoy the ride more and the polo shirt does cost more than a T.

Also, I do take the PB300 personally, as I have invested almost 10 years in developing the event.
And I'm not a rich guy. I just love what I do and want to share my routes with others.

Wannabe, sorry I over reacted, but your post was incorrect saying the price increased, and I believe the PB300 is a great value, not "the most expensive! You get what you pay for. Also, if you PM'd me your concern, I would of mentioned you could be on the crew.
That offer still stands.

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org

jack splash screwed with this post 09-04-2013 at 08:59 AM
Old 09-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #54
rudyunknown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 706
In for the ride....for me i think if u just want to ride $110 is good for 2 days..but with the $160 u get everything else added...

this is the event that started it out for me...so i would say all the money that the other clubs are getting is in part because of PB300....

Looking forward to the last ride of the season
Vstrom 1000 For everything else

rudyunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #55
Glowplug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
PB300 Rocks!

This is the event that opened up the world of dual sporting for me as well. The amount charged is a lot for me personally but certainly no one is buying a boat with the proceeds. And it's also true that in the context of what it costs to own and ride motorcycles, it's not really that expensive.

What I really want to say is that Jack and his crew put together not only the longest but also the nicest routes (in terms of interest) in the Pines. If you are new to the area or new to dual sporting, this is an especially great event. There's lots of sand and water (and many miles) to keep the more experienced rider coming back as well.
Glowplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #56
ADVwanaB
BOLD NEW AVATAR

Oddometer: 790
My first DS ride

The BP 300 was my first DS ride also and I LOVED it!
Jack and crew did an awesome job (as always) and I have ridden it ever since.

Apology accepted.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #57
seasider
Just a rider

Oddometer: 347
You the man Jack! In in and dragging recon buck with me! Thanks
Old 09-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #58
K75STER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Entry form sent-
Learned to ride sand when I did LAB2V in '10 & '11 and was looking to do this last year till it was cancelled.

Glad it's back on!!
K75STER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:34 AM   #59
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 12,886
In!

If you have a big duelie, and you live on the East Coast, and you don't do this event, you are out of your mind. It is what those big bikes were made for. Pure fun and pleasure for two days, without having to be an enduro masochist. And without having to read a roll chart!

The most wonderful thing about Jack's ride, in addition to having the route navigable by a GPS, is that Jack personally checks every inch of it to make sure it will be safe and fun for the riders on the big bikes. No "this section is OK for big bikes" as you are sent through a mud puddle that will swallow up a volkswagon. No, "this section is fine for your GS", and then send you through a stick forest or climb a Mt. Everest hill.

If you have a GS, a Multistrada, a KTM Superenduro or any other big duelie, this is the ride of the year for you.

And what could be better then two days of sand when your not in Nevada, Baha or the California desert?

It's worth every penny, and the shirts you get are the best!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #60
greatx
me

Oddometer: 43
Filled the form and put it in an envelope, even a stamp on it... Waiting to see if I can go because I might move from homes that weekend :(

This is a really good ride, well suited for the big bikes. I also like the fact that when you fall on the Pines terrain, it usually does not break the bike as much because it is mostly on sand. This is something to consider on those expensive big bikes...

Hope stars align so I can go! looking forward to it.

Thanks Jack and team for organizing it again.
greatx is offline   Reply With Quote