ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #16
FIDOLLAZ
Dirty D

Oddometer: 744
this thread is confusing, so you can bring an AR15 but the barrel must be carbon fiber & no more than 7 rounds???
what time does the gun show start?

...the other 2 things (wait 3) that i wouldn't do is tell strangers im a police sgt & bringing my gun out...

if you have a legal gun in a building you are legally allowed to carry it (im not saying the javits is) and you are LEO should you really be asking a bunch of guys who ride their bikes around chasing a rubber duck if you will get checked at the door.

third is i wouldn't be a cop
FIDOLLAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #17
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIDOLLAZ View Post
this thread is confusing, so you can bring an AR15 but the barrel must be carbon fiber & no more than 7 rounds???
what time does the gun show start?

...the other 2 things (wait 3) that i wouldn't do is tell strangers im a police sgt & bringing my gun out...

if you have a legal gun in a building you are legally allowed to carry it (im not saying the javits is) and you are LEO should you really be asking a bunch of guys who ride their bikes around chasing a rubber duck if you will get checked at the door.

third is i wouldn't be a cop
No. Javits is private property. Their rules apply, and they do not allow firearms.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #18
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Error View Post
No. Javits is private property. Their rules apply, and they do not allow firearms.

Something tells me the OP doesn't care about that,,,, only whether they will get caught or not.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #19
FIDOLLAZ
Dirty D

So no guns at the gun show?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #20
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Error View Post
It is actually owned by NY State and patrolled by NY State Police.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #21
scottzilla
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
I bring 3 guns.
I figure I have two ankles and a cock.
scottzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #22
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
It is actually owned by NY State and patrolled by NY State Police.
But, do they allow guns? Maybe for a Fellow Officer, even if not on duty?

This is the great gun dilemma, somewhat like the dualsport tire compromise. I'd like to have my gun with me and not have nutcases, criminals, hotheads, people I disagree with, etc. to have theirs with them. So how do we allow ME and those like me to have guns, but stop those others? and of course if all those others don't have guns, why do I need mine, but then it's not about "need", it's about "I want to" and will hide behind the 2A to get what i want.

Who defines or decides who the "good guy" is who gets to have a gun with him? Several of our recent "spree" shooters did not have criminal records. If OP gets to have his because he's an LEO, we we right back to "only the government will have guns" and the 2A fanatics will tell us that those who work for the government are exactly those who the rest of "us" need our guns to protect us from.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #23
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
I bring 3 guns.
I figure I have two ankles and a cock.
Cockholster?
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #24
IndyChizzle
Inspired by Trevor W

Oddometer: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
+1

Stay the fuck home if you're so afraid you think you need a loaded weapon to protect yourself at a fucking motorcycle show.
As a motorcyclist, I'm a fan of the ATGATT principle to protect myself and my family. When I'm a regular citizen with a proper permit in a permitted location, I'm a fan of that same ATGATT principle in regards to carrying a pistol in my holster. Me carrying a pistol safely in a holster doesn't mean I'm "looking for trouble" any more than me wearing a helmet, jacket, and boots means I'm "looking to crash".
IndyChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #25
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post

This is the great gun dilemma, somewhat like the dualsport tire compromise. I'd like to have my gun with me and not have nutcases, criminals, hotheads, people I disagree with, etc. to have theirs with them. So how do we allow ME and those like me to have guns, but stop those others? and of course if all those others don't have guns, why do I need mine, but then it's not about "need", it's about "I want to" and will hide behind the 2A to get what i want.

Who defines or decides who the "good guy" is who gets to have a gun with him? Several of our recent "spree" shooters did not have criminal records. If OP gets to have his because he's an LEO, we we right back to "only the government will have guns" and the 2A fanatics will tell us that those who work for the government are exactly those who the rest of "us" need our guns to protect us from.
I'll mail the trophy the next time it rains
Old 01-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #26
Tammy
Team 2nd Wind

Oddometer: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIDOLLAZ View Post
and you are LEO should you really be asking a bunch of guys who ride their bikes around chasing a rubber duck if you will get checked at the door.
That's to funny but true
AMA / CJCR / ECEA
In a world that what we want is only what we want until it's ours
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #27
SnoDrtRider
Got Snow?

Oddometer: 2,353
You know...

I never got this whole gun thing... I have been in and worked in some of the worst locations in the country including Bronx, Harlem, Camden, Etc. and never felt the need to have a gun for protection.

Maybe I'm whacked and the criminals sense that and leave me alone but no one has ever bothered me, my crew, our vehicles or equipment. There was that one time in West Babylon that a union carpenter kept putting his hand on his hammer every time I walked by until I told him that the next time he would get beat by his own hammer if he touched it again... no problem after that.
'80 Suzuki GS850G, '74 Honda MT250 Enduro
'71 Kawasaki 100,1971 Honda SL70, Sears Mini Bike
SnoDrtRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #28
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post

No matter what you'd like, NYS does not honor any other state's licenses, so leave it home. While they'll find extenuating circumstances not to put a local thug in jail for the mandatory one year for possession, they'll be sure to make an example of an upstanding out of state citizen like you.

Unless you're an active or retired LEO carrying under HR218, and are in possession of the supporting documents required, don't come strapped from out of state.

To the OP, I'm sure nobody will notice your ankle holster first time you throw a leg over a bike.

I don't know where you come from, but this is New York Fucking City, and the troopers will not be happy if they get called, regardless if you are an LEO.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #29
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.tc.young View Post
I prefer the age old rule, better to be caught with it then without it.
Yeah, but if you get caught with it, you'll be in with the same guys you were trying to protect yourself from.

And it's meaner on Riker's Island than on the street.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #30
FIDOLLAZ
Dirty D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
No matter what you'd like, NYS does not honor any other state's licenses, so leave it home. While they'll find extenuating circumstances not to put a local thug in jail for the mandatory one year for possession, they'll be sure to make an example of an upstanding out of state citizen like you.

Unless you're an active or retired LEO carrying under HR218, and are in possession of the supporting documents required, don't come strapped from out of state.

To the OP, I'm sure nobody will notice your ankle holster first time you throw a leg over a bike.

I don't know where you come from, but this is New York Fucking City, and the troopers will not be happy if they get called, regardless if you are an LEO.
the nyc leo's will be busy arresting each other for violating the new 7 round mag capacity law....as they are not exempt...yet